Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions about my first amd mobo  (Read 326 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

someguy459Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
questions about my first amd mobo
« on: 13-August-19, 21:44:12 »

ok so i recently picked up a B450 tomahawk alongside a ryzen 5 2600 and i have a few questions

#1 where do i plug in the power connector for my AIO pump im using this cpu aio cooler https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

#2 whats the best bios to use for the ryzen 2600 CPU im not asking what the latest bios is im aware the lates bios drops some features due to the small size for ryzen 3000 series support i just wanna know whats the best bios for my cpu 

#3 is there anything else i need to know os will be windows 10 64bit and this is my first ever amd ryzen build last build was intel but had so many issues with the cpu and mobo i switched to AMD

i see the pump/fan header is for pwm aka 4 pin fans i heard that you dont want an aio pump running on pwm that you want the aio pump running full speed all the time any info on this and if so how do i fix this

just want some information before i build my pc also if it matters my case is a phanteks enthoo primo

cimonrog

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: questions about my first amd mobo
« Reply #1 on: 14-August-19, 00:00:16 »

First thing, read your manual! Now tere is no way to know in advance which BIOS version is best for your rig... As for remaining questions there is a lot that can be found on the Web just by tyoing correctly your search title! We are a helping community, here, none of us work for MSI so it is only on a voluntary basis that members are helping. Please, help yourself as much as possible from the beginning.
Phanteks Enthoo Pro RGB Tempered Glass
EVGA 550 B3 PSU ( 550 watts )
MSI X470 Pro Carbon Gaming motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU
HyperX Fury RAM 4 x 4 GB at 2666
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU cooler
MSI Radeon RX570 Armor MK2 8G OC GPU
Patriot Viper VPN 100 M.2 1 TB
Asus PCE AC56 Wi-Fi card
Inatech USB expansion card
Corsair MP510 960 GB
Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-ray burner
Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD burner

MSI Optix MAG271R
BenQ Zowie RL2755

someguy459Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 14-August-19, 02:29:40 »

First thing, read your manual! Now tere is no way to know in advance which BIOS version is best for your rig... As for remaining questions there is a lot that can be found on the Web just by tyoing correctly your search title! We are a helping community, here, none of us work for MSI so it is only on a voluntary basis that members are helping. Please, help yourself as much as possible from the beginning.

thanks have already been watching youtube reviews on my mobo and have read the manual for it online

paprika79

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 14-August-19, 04:06:40 »

Would connect the pump to the cpu fan slot and set it to max speed in Bios. Which Bios would be best? I'd say either 7C02v15 or 7C02v17. These are both version before Zen2 support was added and Bios was reduced to oldschool look.
Marked as best answer by someguy459 on 14-August-19, 14:25:48

rbleroy91

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #4 on: 14-August-19, 04:37:29 »

#2 whats the best bios to use for the ryzen 2600 CPU im not asking what the latest bios is im aware the lates bios drops some features due to the small size for ryzen 3000 series support i just wanna know whats the best bios for my cpu
For older CPUs than Rz-3000, best bios version, at this time, is >>V1.50<<. More recents were developped and tested especially for Rz-3000 so they are not optimized for older CPUs; worst, there are some hard bugs for them (sleep, fan, RAM compatibility, PCIe....). To finish, AMD (not MSI) refuses to downgrade from ComboPI so M-Flash or even Flashback+ cannot be used to downgrade bios (fortunately a tool exists).
#3 is there anything else i need to know os will be windows 10 64bit and this is my first ever amd ryzen build last build was intel but had so many issues with the cpu and mobo i switched to AMD
Don't worry, now AMD is goodly supported by Windows like Intel. In bios setup, use of default values will work fine. My personal advice: set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ BIOS UEFI/CSM Mode" at "UEFI" (it is at "CSM", that is in Legacy mode, by default) because Windows 10 works better on systems in UEFI mode. In Windows, be only aware of the power management plan: select the balanced default from AMD.
i see the pump/fan header is for pwm aka 4 pin fans i heard that you dont want an aio pump running on pwm that you want the aio pump running full speed all the time any info on this and if so how do i fix this
Dont worry, the choice of PWM mode for fans of the pump is a good one. If you want to change it, it suffices to go in bios setup, click on "Hardware Monitor", then on PUMP_FAN1, check the "Smart Fan Mode" box and move all the points in the upper part of the graphic. After than the fans of the pump will spin at 100% even when the CPU temperature is at 20°C ;D .
Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up