Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AMD BETA BIOS Update  (Read 32428 times)

furian.sh

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: AMD BETA BIOS Update
« Reply #100 on: 10-September-19, 04:54:20 »

does any1 have a backup link to the gaming plus bios V41?

shurtugal13

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #101 on: 10-September-19, 04:54:55 »

ABBA works much better than ABB, all 3700X cores can reach 4400 Mhz. By the way, the temperature of the processor and VCore at idling is better than that of ABB.
But still, AMD Quick & Quiet is disabled by default...

@Leonard
Could you please explain what is point of disabling AMD Quick & Quiet by default? It disables all Windows power plans and increases the CPU temp.
When I enable it in the BIOS, it fixes the high CPU temps, high VCore, power plans and doesn't affect the CPU performance at all.  I tested it in the different games and benchmarks.
IMO AMD Quick & Quiet should be disabled only if you want to overclock the CPU.

Hi,

What kind of settings you use to get it to work ?
I used the new ABBA bios and my cores can't reach more than 4.2Ghz on single core test, and 4.0Ghz on multicore.
Like should you enable PBO, things like that ?

Thanks.

jounihelle

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #102 on: 10-September-19, 05:09:26 »

There seems to be a bug in Gaming Plus BIOS A41. I cannot disable GearDownMode if I manually set Command Rate to 1T. It gets greyed out and stays at 'Auto' which Ryzen Master reports as Enabled. I can however go to 'AMD Overclocking' menu and disable it in there, but that setting does not seem to stick between boots...

paulstanik

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #103 on: 10-September-19, 05:13:16 »

Sound-Bug in Beta-Bios

With your new Beta-Bios-Versions there are problems with Soundblaster Z which are not occurring in the H20 Bios on a X570 A Pro. Some Sound-Channels of the 5.1 Sound are not working over time with H38 or H41 Bios-Version.

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #104 on: 10-September-19, 05:15:05 »

Hi,

What kind of settings you use to get it to work ?
I used the new ABBA bios and my cores can't reach more than 4.2Ghz on single core test, and 4.0Ghz on multicore.
Like should you enable PBO, things like that ?

Thanks.
Hi,

Nothing special, after flashing BIOS enabled uefi and A-XMP profile.
Now, even if the AMD BIOS Quick & Quiet is enabled, the 3700X properly reaches 4.4 GHz and meets the specifications of the processor.
Check you MB and CPU temperatures, maybe it's a cooling problem.

shurtugal13

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #105 on: 10-September-19, 05:25:50 »

Hi,

Nothing special, after flashing BIOS enabled uefi and A-XMP profile.
Now, even if the AMD BIOS Quick & Quiet is enabled, the 3700X properly reaches 4.4 GHz and meets the specifications of the processor.
Check you MB and CPU temperatures, maybe it's a cooling problem.
I have a Corsair H100i on it. Around 50 at idle, and 67 with a multicore test

jounihelle

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #106 on: 10-September-19, 05:26:58 »

does any1 have a backup link to the gaming plus bios V41?
You can still find it at http://msi-ftp.de:8080/main.html
Just hit login and go to /BIOS/X570

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #107 on: 10-September-19, 10:48:39 »

I have a Corsair H100i on it. Around 50 at idle, and 67 with a multicore test

Check if you got programms like iCue running in the background. It's known to stress the CPU

goaist

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #108 on: 10-September-19, 13:09:53 »

Sound-Bug in Beta-Bios

With your new Beta-Bios-Versions there are problems with Soundblaster Z which are not occurring in the H20 Bios on a X570 A Poro. Some Sund-Channels of the 5.1 Sound are not working over time with H38 or H41 Bios-Version.
I Have exactly the same Issue with my Soundblaster Z+R. I am on x570 Gaming Edge wifi Board and no Bios after 1.20 works. Channels switch after a while (front speakers going to center to rear) Thats terrible and nothing helps except flashing back to 1.20! 

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #109 on: 10-September-19, 13:21:59 »

@Leonard @Mods

Why are the x570 beta version download links pulled from the OP?

shurtugal13

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #110 on: 10-September-19, 14:40:15 »

Check if you got programms like iCue running in the background. It's known to stress the CPU
Thanks for the tip, but already knew that ^^'.

So I always kill it before running the tests.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: 10-September-19, 16:33:53 »

@Leonard @Mods

Why are the x570 beta version download links pulled from the OP?
MSI must have a reason for that. Ask them >>How to contact MSI.<<
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32

garmatainais666

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #112 on: 10-September-19, 16:40:05 »

Still no 2 versions of bios for b450m mortar titanium when b450m mortar have it(identical mobo with titanium version). Random crashes not letting me using it normally and i cant even update 2 new bios versions and test if it helps to fix my problem.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: 10-September-19, 16:41:32 »

STILL NO 2 VERSIONS OF BIOS FOR B450M MORTAR TITANIUM WHEN B450M MORTAR HAVE IT ,THINKING OF SENDING NBACK THIS MOBO , RANDOM CRASHED NOT LETTING ME USE IT NORMALLY AND CANT EVEN UPDATE AND TEST IF IT FIX MY PROBLEM ,NEW BIOS BECAUSE ITS NOT DELIVERED BUT FOR OTHER SAME VERSION OF MOBO IT IS. CAN I USE MOIRTAR STANDARD BIOS VERSION FOR TITANIUM MOBO ?
First, don't use caps. >>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<
Second, no you can't crossflash BIOS. Unless you want a brick.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

veganfanatic

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • HARDCORE GAMES™
« Reply #114 on: 10-September-19, 17:14:31 »

the TLD for the BIOS updates is gone and some parking page has taken over

rombat

• SERGEANT
« Reply #115 on: 10-September-19, 22:28:56 »

I have sound card issues too, on MSI Prestige x570 Creation... My sounds are all messed up when I use any enhance mode I either get messed up sound or my sound goes off. I am using a Sound Blaster Ae5 at the moment... I did have an external sound card, Sound BlasterX G6, was working great until something change??  Bios, installing a new 5700xt, or windows 10 1903 update??? Sound card issue was present when on Bios 1.34 tried out the new beta abba bios fixed some issues, cpu finally hitting 4.4ghz.... but sound card is still an issue....

winrootkit

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #116 on: 11-September-19, 09:04:38 »

Any word on the B450M Mortar Titanium?

dwgreenberg

• SERGEANT
« Reply #117 on: 11-September-19, 11:20:21 »

I have sound card issues too, on MSI Prestige x570 Creation... My sounds are all messed up when I use any enhance mode I either get messed up sound or my sound goes off. I am using a Sound Blaster Ae5 at the moment... I did have an external sound card, Sound BlasterX G6, was working great until something change??  Bios, installing a new 5700xt, or windows 10 1903 update??? Sound card issue was present when on Bios 1.34 tried out the new beta abba bios fixed some issues, cpu finally hitting 4.4ghz.... but sound card is still an issue....

There was a known issue with a windows 10 update and add on sound cards.

Does the motherboard sound work OK?

rombat

• SERGEANT
« Reply #118 on: 11-September-19, 13:01:53 »

There was a known issue with a windows 10 update and add on sound cards.

Does the motherboard sound work OK?

I have not tried out the on-board sound card since I like to use dedicated sound cards for my audio since they tend to play audio better...

goaist

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #119 on: 11-September-19, 13:04:47 »

I am very disapointed at the moment with the sound card issues. Yesterday i orderd a brand new Creative Ae-7 to replace my Z+R wich only works with Bios 1.20 correctly with my x570 Gaming Edge wifi. But i cant get the new card to work :( Installation of drivers works fine but the sound is messed up. I can hear 1-2 seconds of a sound and than cuts off. I try bios 1.41 and than back to 1.20 no change.

mozgus

• CORPORAL
« Reply #120 on: 12-September-19, 03:21:01 »

Looks like new betas are up, if you can navigate the chinese? https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=18512047&_fp=2&rand=864

Edit: Well my 3600 is still not boosting past 3.96ghz when benching all cores, and 4.08ghz when benching 1 core. My numbers actually went down about 1% even, so this seems worse than H38 BIOS.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #121 on: 12-September-19, 10:22:17 »

Looks like new betas are up, if you can navigate the chinese? https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=18512047&_fp=2&rand=864

Edit: Well my 3600 is still not boosting past 3.96ghz when benching all cores, and 4.08ghz when benching 1 core. My numbers actually went down about 1% even, so this seems worse than H38 BIOS.
these should be those that are on the OP or in the case of the x570 versions the ones that got pulled from the OP.
I would check the msi ftp to check for beta bios updates. they are all on there.

andre.ifg

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #122 on: 13-September-19, 14:18:04 »

Hello. I also have a Soundblaster Z and I am having problems with the audio. Any solution? I have an X570 Gaming Plus with the latest

Bios (1.0.0.3 ABBA 7C37AMS.A41)

montyac

• MAJOR
« Reply #123 on: 13-September-19, 14:21:24 »

Hello. I also have a Soundblaster Z and I am having problems with the audio. Any solution? I have an X570 Gaming Plus with the latest

You need to start a new post with your issue.

rombat

• SERGEANT
« Reply #124 on: 13-September-19, 21:52:21 »

Found out why my sound card is messed up including my external sound card when using it on my MSI Creation x570 with MSI Mech 5700xt.  I was reading on AMD official support forum that other users are having problems with their sound cards with their x570 motherboards when using their new Ryzen 7 cpu like my 3700x... It seems to be related to PCIe 4.0 if you have 5700 series card it defaults to PCIe gen4.... for some reason it causes our sound card to drop or stutter or crash. The users advise setting your PCIe from Auto to gen3...   So I went into bios and instead of auto PCIe I picked gen3 on all my PCIe settings in bios. Restarted my computer and bang my sound card (Sound Blaster Ae5) is working again!

I than tried out my external Sound BlasterX G6 (it always bombs) when I play any YouTube video, it worked! I even tried out Sound Blaster Connect program to see if I could use the preset audio mods that enhance your sound it worked with no issue... So I wanted to make sure it was not a fluke when changing your PCIe to Gen3... I restarted my computer and changed the setting back to auto (Uses gen4)... tried out my sound card and bang, it crash and burn, restarted the pc again and changed it back to PCIe gen3.... sound card working again with no issue.

So if any MSI mods see this and have contact with the MSI tech people please tell them about the issue with using PCIe gen4... causing conflicts with our sound cards.....I guess that is why they took away gen4 from later motherboards due to some issues with PCIe gen4...

jamin280672

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #125 on: 14-September-19, 10:50:14 »

Found out why my sound card is messed up including my external sound card when using it on my MSI Creation x570 with MSI Mech 5700xt.  I was reading on AMD official support forum that other users are having problems with their sound cards with their x570 motherboards when using their new Ryzen 7 cpu like my 3700x... It seems to be related to PCIe 4.0 if you have 5700 series card it defaults to PCIe gen4.... for some reason it causes our sound card to drop or stutter or crash. The users advise setting your PCIe from Auto to gen3...   So I went into bios and instead of auto PCIe I picked gen3 on all my PCIe settings in bios. Restarted my computer and bang my sound card (Sound Blaster Ae5) is working again!

I than tried out my external Sound BlasterX G6 (it always bombs) when I play any YouTube video, it worked! I even tried out Sound Blaster Connect program to see if I could use the preset audio mods that enhance your sound it worked with no issue... So I wanted to make sure it was not a fluke when changing your PCIe to Gen3... I restarted my computer and changed the setting back to auto (Uses gen4)... tried out my sound card and bang, it crash and burn, restarted the pc again and changed it back to PCIe gen3.... sound card working again with no issue.

So if any MSI mods see this and have contact with the MSI tech people please tell them about the issue with using PCIe gen4... causing conflicts with our sound cards.....I guess that is why they took away gen4 from later motherboards due to some issues with PCIe gen4...

Try with the lastest Sound Blaster AE5 beta driver, see if the issue still occurs: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/cmd50w/updates_and_status_thread/

Make sure to fully uninstall your old driver first, all of the parts to it, reboot, then install this one.

rombat

• SERGEANT
« Reply #126 on: 14-September-19, 20:26:30 »

Try with the lastest Sound Blaster AE5 beta driver, see if the issue still occurs: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/cmd50w/updates_and_status_thread/

Make sure to fully uninstall your old driver first, all of the parts to it, reboot, then install this one.

I tried those beta drivers jamin280672 did not work, only work when I switch my PCIe to gen3 instead of using gen4.... If I use gen4 my sound cards starts to have issues. The funny thing is that even my external USB SoundblasterX G6 is affected when I have my PCIe set to gen4... this started to happen when I installed my MSI Mech 5700xt , motherboard saw it was a PCIe gen4 card.  When I was using my GTX 1080 I did not have any issue with my sound cards but that card only uses PCIe gen3 so no issue until I switched over to PCIe gen4 with my 5700xt...

orcokabuto

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #127 on: 17-September-19, 16:06:00 »

Same problem here...
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=325223.0

Would it be safe (or even possible) doing a BIOS downgrade to the previous version 7C37v12.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #128 on: 18-September-19, 13:29:53 »

still no new (beta)Bios, yet :(

beth.cross

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #129 on: 19-September-19, 00:56:03 »

any other MSI Prestige x570 Creation owners daily checking the bios page for any new developments, hoping one day they have a non beta bios for the new micro code ?

richard.y

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #130 on: 19-September-19, 04:49:24 »

which pci_e slot did you install sound card?
did you adjust the vga pcie speed ?or sound card speed?
what software did you play music or movie?

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #131 on: 19-September-19, 12:44:55 »

Well
E7C35AMS_151
MEG X570 ACE

Much better

rombat

• SERGEANT
« Reply #132 on: 19-September-19, 21:29:38 »

which pci_e slot did you install sound card?
did you adjust the vga pcie speed ?or sound card speed?
what software did you play music or movie?

I had my SoundBlaster Ae5 on the 6th PCIe slot I changed my video card PCIe slot to gen 3 to get my sound cards up and going. Took out my Ae5  out. I am using my external SoundBlasterX G6 hooked up to USB 3... Like I said if run my video card on PCIe gen4 its located on 2nd PCIe slot.  I have issues but when I switch it out to gen 3 I do not have issues... I have the latest software from Creative and my issue is when I play youtube movies on Chrome the sound goes out or stutters like made. I made sure I also disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome when playing Youtube movies. I been thinking it could be issues with windows 10 1903 latest patch that could be also causing my sound card issues. Read it has cause lots of issues with sound and Microsoft is working on another patch to be released at the end of this month that will hopefully fix the sound issues....

shurtugal13

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #133 on: 20-September-19, 04:54:09 »

Still can't reach 4.4 with the latest bios on MPG x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi and 3700X ...

james00cool

• SERGEANT
« Reply #134 on: 20-September-19, 06:44:30 »

Just Tried the new ComboPI1.0.0.3abba (updated from ComboPI1.0.0.3a) works fine so far on my x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi, no BSOD or Errors after 12hours of use.

[font="Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Liberation Sans", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, sans-serif]After Installing the bios and booting to windows i immediately noticed the lower voltages when using Chrome and other apps that used to make voltages go all the way up to 1.49v at idle, now it sits at 1.25 when watching videos in chrome and when launching some of my apps and oddly enough, it was using slightly lower voltages (for me atleast) at[/font] all core boost under load in CB20, while still managing to achieve slightly higher CB20 score than the previous bios (ComboPI1.0.0.3a).

Only Problem i did encounter was unrelated to the bios and was with windows itslef as i decided to finaly update windows (after the bios update) due to some buggs from the previous windows update i was experiencing (Start search was broken, Surround sound was busted) and the update did finaly fix my start search but now, it also broke my wifi, witch is now unstable lol, MS should really get their sht together when it comes to new updates.

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #135 on: 20-September-19, 16:12:22 »

I have X570 Gaming Edge Wifi MB with the 3900X, in the last days i used bios beta version .141 and had a boost core speed of 4625MHz,
Now i installed yesterday the v14 (.140) final version and my boost core speed does not go higher then 4575MHz.
Any one else has the same issue?

John27

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #136 on: 20-September-19, 18:34:56 »

I have a MEG X570 ACE. On the beta bios, i've exacty the same result as the final.
With single core benchmarks, i Don't go more than 4575 MHz on my 3900X.... It's MSI fault or AMD ?
Noone seems to know.

I read here that when the AMD chipset drivers are reinstalled after flashing, boost work well. But not for me.

If someone have an idea, that would be great.

fmatiasii

• CORPORAL
« Reply #137 on: 20-September-19, 21:06:47 »

Anyone here with x570 Meg godlike who updated to ABBA already?  any feedback?

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: 21-September-19, 14:11:40 »

Anyone here with x570 Meg godlike who updated to ABBA already?  any feedback?
Be a hero and do an update first! ;D
It's not a BETA version, so should be fairly stable. Depends how stable version ABBA itself is..

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #139 on: 21-September-19, 16:53:37 »

I have a MEG X570 ACE. On the beta bios, i've exacty the same result as the final. With single core benchmarks, i Don't go more than 4575 MHz on my 3900X.... It's MSI fault or AMD ? Noone seems to know. I read here that when the AMD chipset drivers are reinstalled after flashing, boost work well. But not for me. If someone have an idea, that would be great.

I also treid to re-install the AMD drivers......it made it worse for me , i now even not boost above the 4500MHz........
So from Beta .141 with 4625 MHZ boost to Official bios .140 with 4575MHz to reinstalling AMD drivers ending up with 4500MHz ;-((

fmatiasii

• CORPORAL
« Reply #140 on: 22-September-19, 05:24:30 »

This is the result of the latest bios update (a.b.b.a) on my x570 meg godlike:

This is stock setting without any overclocking yet.

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #141 on: 22-September-19, 14:44:51 »

This is the result of the latest bios update (a.b.b.a) on my x570 meg godlike: This is stock setting without any overclocking yet.

What was your CPU temp when you reached 4660MHz?......I have a bit the feeling that the processor boost also depends on the CPU temp......Which CPU cooler do you use?

fmatiasii

• CORPORAL
« Reply #142 on: 22-September-19, 20:29:49 »

My cpu temps were in the mid 40's and i have a custom liquid cooling setup running with triple rads.

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #143 on: 23-September-19, 00:13:56 »

My cpu temps were in the mid 40's and i have a custom liquid cooling setup running with triple rads.

Nice looking system you have.

My system/cooling setup is as follow; MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi with 3900x, sx 120mm fans on the front, watercooler ML240L RGB on the front with 2 fans 120mm (so total 5 fans on the front)....and 1x 140mm fans at the back.
When I start the system it is around 37-40C, after 30 mins it swings the whole day from 45-70C, even when i'm doijng nothing with it.
Do you also have this? .......it could be programs on the back, such as iCue, Afterburner, Nvidia software, etc, which is generating these swings in temps. (i will try to set all of by my next restart to see if i can keep my temps around ~45C in idle)

fmatiasii

• CORPORAL
« Reply #144 on: 23-September-19, 00:58:25 »

My cpu temps ranges from mid 30's to 50's depending on my activity but idle temps are usually from mid 30's to 40's.  I was able to lower my temps down to low 30's when i adjusted the cpu core voltage to only 1.25v.

[dev]

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #145 on: 23-September-19, 07:04:24 »

3600X with MEG X570 ACE BIOS v 1.5 ABBA

Everything stock even cpu cooler
idle 38 C with spikes to 50 C with room temp 24 C

[dev]

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #146 on: 23-September-19, 07:20:39 »

3600X with MEG X570 ACE BIOS v 1.5 ABBA

Everything stock even cpu cooler
idle 38 C with spikes to 50 C with room temp 24 C

oatkk.th

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #147 on: 24-September-19, 06:29:52 »

still waiting.

veganfanatic

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • HARDCORE GAMES™
« Reply #148 on: 24-September-19, 16:41:08 »

a BIOS surfaces with Live Update so its out of beta

no change on my R5 2400GF working on my X570 yet

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #149 on: 25-September-19, 04:59:29 »

My cpu temps ranges from mid 30's to 50's depending on my activity but idle temps are usually from mid 30's to 40's. I was able to lower my temps down to low 30's when i adjusted the cpu core voltage to only 1.25v.

Just see that another beta bios is available for my build, MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi.....151 (http://msi-ftp.de:8080/main.html?download&weblink=00ea1e23fd0bafb18c7772e2d486f5af&realfilename=7C37_151.zip)
I will give it a try later today....hopefully boost go up to 4600MHz now.
Also still playing with my fan speed to balance the air flow and keep more control of the temps.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up