Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AMD BETA BIOS Update  (Read 32280 times)

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
Re: AMD BETA BIOS Update
« Reply #50 on: 26-August-19, 05:28:40 »

In regards to boost:
I have been following couple of forums, some retailers, some other vendors
And it seems that it's AMD's AGESA not doing it the way they advertised CPU clocks as.

Yes, I've read that, too. Maybe we see higher boosts with AGESA > 1.0.0.5 again...
Neverthless I still have issues with the BIOS and my  MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Still high voltages and Temperatures in idle mode.

And yes, I have checked with only ryzen master, made sure I don't have other monitoring tools like iCue, aura sync, dragon center in the background.
I have also changed to windows balanced powerplan for the moment. But still all my 3900x cores are over 4Ghz most of the time.

At the moment I have the beta bios .136 running. Any better suggestion which bios version to go with?

dwgreenberg

• SERGEANT
« Reply #51 on: 26-August-19, 05:35:25 »

Hope to get some news regarding the Situation, today.

Please keep us updated.

This is my first ever MSI motherboard and I picked it because they seemed to have a good reputation, with people like buildzoid saying MSI bios's are his favourite.

They really seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #52 on: 26-August-19, 05:54:00 »

Please keep us updated.

This is my first ever MSI motherboard and I picked it because they seemed to have a good reputation, with people like buildzoid saying MSI bios's are his favourite.

They really seem to have dropped the ball on this one.
Same here, first MSI Mainboard in over 20 years...
I mean it's a new platform and stuff, and it only can get better.
also I have high hopes the lag of uefi versions is cos MSI tests everything out to the max before they release something, while other brands just drop them to peoeple to test.
at least still I'm believing in this...

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #53 on: 27-August-19, 00:31:25 »

X570 BIOS AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB
Note.
1. A-XMP now has only one profile
2. You can disable GearDownMode in BIOS now
3. Fix issue when user has to clear CMOS if encountering OC Fail hanging F9 behavior. Now BIOS will revert back to default after 2 fail tries.
Well, there are new beta-bios on the support pages for the boards, but Files are missing :(
@Leonard
You changed links in OP to the new versions, but downloads are not working.
Versions already pulled again?

ken_cupido

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #54 on: 27-August-19, 03:04:45 »

Greetings from Japan!
MPG X570 GAMING PLUS 1.0.0.3 ABB 7C37AMS.A38 link shows "File not found" :cry:

Has someone been able to download the file and can link it to me?

Thank you very much!

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #55 on: 27-August-19, 04:03:18 »

They are all up now.

Seems that version is one to work with. Great!
Allthough I still have "high" Temperatures and Voltage in idle.

I'm cooling with a MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage and have around 50°-60°C in idle mode.
messured with Ryzen Master and no other monitoring tools in the background.

That can't be normal, or is it ?

vladok02pr

• CORPORAL
« Reply #56 on: 27-August-19, 04:51:51 »

All ABB BIOS's are on the support page. Does it mean that it is more stable and it worth of updating?

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #57 on: 27-August-19, 09:26:32 »

Allthough I still have "high" Temperatures and Voltage in idle.

Even with Cool'n'Quiet PState_0 ?

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #58 on: 27-August-19, 09:35:11 »

yes :/

Well, today we have a hot day, too. 33°C also.

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #59 on: 27-August-19, 09:54:14 »

X570 Gaming Pro Carbon will not boot to M.2 drive with the re-released beta bios 1.24(Agesa 1.0.0.3abb).  Had to roll back to 1.10(Agesa 1.0.0.3a).   Bios detects the drive as present but does not boot to it.  The pulled beta bios 1.23(Agesa 1.0.0.3.abb) did boot from the m.2 drive properly.

Was able to at least boot to USB with memtest86 and confirm memory overclocking stability is still reduced on the new beta bios 1.24(agesa 1.0.0.3abb).  3800mhz 1900 IF is stable for me with the 1.0.0.3a bios.  3733mhz 1867 IF is the highest stable overclock I can get with 1.0.0.3abb bios.

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #60 on: 27-August-19, 10:09:11 »

3800mhz 1900 IF is stable for me with the 1.0.0.3a bios.  3733mhz 1867 IF is the highest stable overclock I can get with 1.0.0.3abb bios.

This is because IOCore VID has been reduced, you need to manually raise it for 1900MHz.

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #61 on: 27-August-19, 10:44:15 »

This is because IOCore VID has been reduced, you need to manually raise it for 1900MHz.

So I need to change CPU Core Voltage to offset mode and increase voltage to accomplish this?

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #62 on: 27-August-19, 10:54:39 »

So I need to change CPU Core Voltage to offset mode and increase voltage to accomplish this?

Not CPU, only IO_SOC and DRAM voltages. For your speeds, it will be ~ 1.15-1.2v for IO and ~ 1.43-1.45 for DRAM. As I can see, AMD has reduced the default voltages, but I could be wrong. And you must remember that with increasing voltage of IO_SOC you will get lower XFR speeds, because PB is calculated from the whole packege.

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #63 on: 27-August-19, 12:26:44 »

Not CPU, only IO_SOC and DRAM voltages. For your speeds, it will be ~ 1.15-1.2v for IO and ~ 1.43-1.45 for DRAM. As I can see, AMD has reduced the default voltages, but I could be wrong. And you must remember that with increasing voltage of IO_SOC you will get lower XFR speeds, because PB is calculated from the whole packege.

Thanks for pointing this out.  My SOC was set to default "Auto" Setting.  If they reduced the default that could explain my stability issues.  

Unfortunately, I wont be able to test this right now.  I had to roll back the bios due to the beta bios not booting to my m.2 drive.

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #64 on: 27-August-19, 14:54:40 »

Well, just tryed last BIOS update (145 for MEG ACE).

And.. And i have a lot of questions to MSI dev team.

1. We’ll call this settings section - we decided to kill your memory.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/U2TJP6oFJpAZvs4m8

2. Guys, why did you make a copy of the OC section in Advanced? Moreover, changes in the main section are not appear in the Advanced section, and vice versa. Which one of them workable? I've changed VDDG and VDDP in Advanced section, and after reboot they rolled back to Manual 1.1V. o_O ???
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MpzWE9akjqsF6tHH7

3. This is the fourth version of BIOS, and the problem with the offset of DRAM voltage has not been fixed.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vzupVAr99WqEPrm1A

And many more questions, but a little later. While continuing to test.

P.S. Thanx for thermal data on Q-Code led indicator.

ken_cupido

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #65 on: 27-August-19, 20:48:38 »

This 1.0.0.3ABB Beta BIOS fixed the WHEA 17 Errors on windows 10 startup for my x570 Gaming Plus board.
I was hoping this would fix the GPU Fans going 100% during pre-POST for about 4 seconds then goes back to normal during POST and just before BOOT.

Coming from a z97 platform, i'm not used to the GPU fans (MSI 2080 Trio x Gaming) blasting full speed during pre-POST.
It wasn't doing this on my previous motherboard.

Is this normal pre-POST behavior for the 3rd gen ryzen platform?

I've seen multiple posts with this concern from reddit and other forums as well, but without any clarification on this issue.

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #66 on: 28-August-19, 00:01:41 »

X570 Gaming Pro Carbon will not boot to M.2 drive with the re-released beta bios 1.24(Agesa 1.0.0.3abb). Had to roll back to 1.10(Agesa 1.0.0.3a). Bios detects the drive as present but does not boot to it. The pulled beta bios 1.23(Agesa 1.0.0.3.abb) did boot from the m.2 drive properly. Was able to at least boot to USB with memtest86 and confirm memory overclocking stability is still reduced on the new beta bios 1.24(agesa 1.0.0.3abb). 3800mhz 1900 IF is stable for me with the 1.0.0.3a bios. 3733mhz 1867 IF is the highest stable overclock I can get with 1.0.0.3abb bios.

Just wanted to post an update on this.

System was trying to boot to the usb drive I flashed bios with instead of my m.2 drive.  m.2 had priority but removing the flash drive allowed me to boot.

The memory overclock instability was caused by CPU/NB SOC voltage default/auto setting being lowered in the beta bios. Manually setting this higher stabilized my memory overclock.

I have a new issue to report.  All cpu cores now idle at 4.4ghz 24/7 on the beta bios.  Rolled back to 1.0.0.3a bios and the issue disappeared.  Flashed the beta bios again at stock settings to make sure it wasn't a fluke and the issue appeared again.

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #67 on: 28-August-19, 00:51:01 »

Main issues for me with A38 bios:

1) CPU fan default profile is broken, it sets 100% fan speed on 70C CPU temp instead 85C as in stable bios.

2) AMD Windows power plans do not work anymore... Power Balanced and Power Saver do not affect CPU speeds at all.

3) CPU speeds on idle are very high and CPU temp is high too.

Devs, if you are reading this, please fix these issues before releasing new stable version.

Running 3700X on X570 Gaming Plus.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #68 on: 28-August-19, 00:53:53 »

The memory overclock instability was caused by CPU/NB SOC voltage default/auto setting being lowered in the beta bios. Manually setting this higher stabilized my memory overclock.

I have a new issue to report.  All cpu cores now idle at 4.4ghz 24/7 on the beta bios.  Rolled back to 1.0.0.3a bios and the issue disappeared.  Flashed the beta bios again at stock settings to make sure it wasn't a fluke and the issue appeared again.

Main issues for me with A38 bios: 1) CPU fan default profile is broken, it sets 100% fan speed on 70C CPU temp instead 85C as in stable bios. 2) AMD Windows power plans do not work anymore... Power Balanced and Power Saver do not affect CPU speeds at all. 3) CPU speeds on idle are very high and CPU temp is high too. Devs, if you are reading this, please fix these issues before releasing new stable version. Running 3700X on X570 Gaming Plus.

Enabled AMD Quick & Quiet in the BIOS and disabling PBO + setting the Windows balanced Powerplan (not the Ryzen one) made my cores clock down and go to sleep in idle mode. Also make sure not to have any monitoring tools in the background.

Anyway that shouldn't be like this and I hope MSI is still on that issue and it won't take them another 7 weeks for an other bios version.

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #69 on: 28-August-19, 01:29:51 »

Enabled AMD Quick & Quiet in the BIOS and disabling PBO + setting the Windows balanced Powerplan (not the Ryzen one) made my cores clock down and go to sleep in idle mode. Also make sure not to have any monitoring tools in the background.

Anyway that shouldn't be like this and I hope MSI is still on that issue and it won't take them another 7 weeks for an other bios version.
I use the default BIOS settings, and do not OC. You want to say that AMD Quick & Quiet is disabled and PBO is enabled by default in this beta BIOS?
If true, this is a very strange MSI decision. I will check it out later today.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #70 on: 28-August-19, 01:49:43 »

I use the default BIOS settings, and do not OC. You want to say that AMD Quick & Quiet is disabled and PBO is enabled by default in this beta BIOS?
If true, this is a very strange MSI decision. I will check it out later today.
It's both on "auto", at least on my x570 gaming edge.
And you can't trust that "auto"

jcoatanea

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #71 on: 28-August-19, 03:35:20 »

Getting Linux kernel panics on the latest beta bios for the x570-a pro board.

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #72 on: 28-August-19, 09:12:08 »

Enabled AMD Quick & Quiet in the BIOS and disabling PBO + setting the Windows balanced Powerplan (not the Ryzen one) made my cores clock down and go to sleep in idle mode. Also make sure not to have any monitoring tools in the background. Anyway that shouldn't be like this and I hope MSI is still on that issue and it won't take them another 7 weeks for an other bios version.

Can confirm on x570 Gaming Pro Carbon.  AMD Quick & Quiet - Auto = disabled.  Setting to Enabled allowed the cores to idle down.    

PBO doesn't appear to be enabled.  Ryzen Master reports processor is at defaults.

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #73 on: 28-August-19, 09:51:29 »

Can confirm on x570 Gaming Pro Carbon.  AMD Quick & Quiet - Auto = disabled.  Setting to Enabled allowed the cores to idle down.    

PBO doesn't appear to be enabled.  Ryzen Master reports processor is at defaults.
Do you know if this setting is enabled or disabled by default in 1.0.0.3a BIOS?

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #74 on: 28-August-19, 09:54:03 »

Same in all versions until now

DeskJocky

• CORPORAL
« Reply #75 on: 28-August-19, 09:59:52 »

On the x570 Gaming Pro Carbon the default auto setting enabled it in 1.0.0.3a bios.

jcoatanea

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #76 on: 28-August-19, 13:01:18 »

Update: it seems that the kernel panics are caused by the NVIDIA driver, when trying to start linux without the NVIDIA driver it seems stays stuck on systemd boot... Either that or the graphical interface fails to start.
Could this have something to do with the automatic kernel/ram voltage/clockspeed settings?

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #77 on: 28-August-19, 14:48:23 »

Freeman79, DeskJocky, thank you!

Enabling AMD Quick & Quiet in BIOS fixed the high CPU clock and temperature at idle, and all Power plans are now working correctly!

Only one disadvantage, max CPU clock is 4374 MHz, like in stable 1.0.0.3a BIOS. Previously, before enabling AMD Quick & Quiet, it was able to get 4399 MHz in boost.
I suppose MSI decided to disable AMD Quick & Quiet only to allow CPU to reach 4399 MHz in boost, but it did more harm than good.

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #78 on: 28-August-19, 17:28:57 »

7C35145 (MEG ACE)

With a little tuning works better than 130 and 144, but a lot of bugs in the UI of BIOS.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #79 on: 29-August-19, 13:12:39 »

7C35145 (MEG ACE)

With a little tuning works better than 130 and 144, but a lot of bugs in the UI of BIOS.

[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]
What are your CPU temperatures and Volts in idle mode?
And how are you cooling your CPU

Pretenzia

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #80 on: 29-August-19, 14:57:16 »

What are your CPU temperatures and Volts in idle mode?
And how are you cooling your CPU

Idle - 0.96v 3.0GHz 40-55°C
Full Load - 1.2v 4.05GHz 70-73°C
Boost - 1.4-1.5v ~4.5GHz 80-82°C

Custom EKWB water loop (1080 Ti and CPU on one loop with 240/25 radiator)

It seems like it should be cooler and quieter, but something wrong. On GB X570 Aorus Elite idle temperatures was 37-45, and under full load not more than 65.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #81 on: 29-August-19, 16:43:21 »

It seems like it should be cooler and quieter, but something wrong. On GB X570 Aorus Elite idle temperatures was 37-45, and under full load not more than 65.

I was thinking the same, something is not right. I use the x570 gaming Edge and also have those high temperatures.
I thought it might be poorly designed, but as you experience the same on your ACE, there might be something different that's wrong.
Sadly I couldn't find any proper info about Temperature issues on MSI boards. I really really hope another bios update can fix this.

Dang, I would even get calmed down a bit, if one that knows says something about these temperatures.

jenders37

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #82 on: 29-August-19, 19:00:03 »

X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi

So...this bios boosts a little better than 7B93v11 for me. I regularly am seeing 4.4-4.5ghz across a couple cores however if I do a multi-core benchmark it still REFUSES to go past 4.075ghz. It's like there's a hard wall there regardless of what I change.

Voltage is still :censored: . Doesn't matter if it's HWinfo, HWmonitor, CPU-ID, or Ryzen Master, my 3900X still shows idle at 1.47v so there's no question in my mind that it's an accurate reading. This shows in my bios as well. I've messed with cool n quiet on/off, PBO on/off, etc, no change. All other apps closed, etc. The ONLY thing that will drop idle voltage for me is switching to the Windows power saver power plan. Any of the AMD power plans keep it pegged. I know they've said it's OK, but I just feel uneasy about it.

Temps aren't great...I idle between 40-50c on Ryzen Balanced with my Corsair H150i Pro on balanced settings, still get that 10c Ryzen bounce every few seconds that I also experienced on my 2700X. Switching to Windows power saver plan I idle at 32-33c WITH NO JUMP IN TEMPERATURE. This tells me the idle voltage IS AN ISSUE.

rentrapnest2011

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #83 on: 30-August-19, 07:38:04 »

An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to access this section")

Since I can't contact a moderator via PM (the previous message is displaying), I think that it's better to ask for it here.

So I have a motherboard (MSI B450-A PRO) and I want to see it's CPU Compatibility list since I can't see it on the mobo's page (supp->compatibility) because this error is poping up   [font=DINPro-Regular, Arial, Verdana, Geneva, 微軟正黑體, sans-serif, sans-serif]No results found![/font][/color] 
All I'm asking is to get a link (or smth) to that Mobo's CPU Compatibility list. Pretty please.

Thank you!

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #84 on: 30-August-19, 10:23:55 »

An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to access this section")

Since I can't contact a moderator via PM (the previous message is displaying), I think that it's better to ask for it here.

So I have a motherboard (MSI B450-A PRO) and I want to see it's CPU Compatibility list since I can't see it on the mobo's page (supp->compatibility) because this error is poping up   [font=DINPro-Regular, Arial, Verdana, Geneva, 微軟正黑體, sans-serif, sans-serif]No results found![/font][/color]
All I'm asking is to get a link (or smth) to that Mobo's CPU Compatibility list. Pretty please.

Thank you!

You could try to acces the page in another region, maybe that works for you.
Here the german site: https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-A-PRO.html#support-cpu works for me.

oatkk.th

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #85 on: 31-August-19, 03:51:41 »

MSI B450 gaming Pro carbon since v17 bios The CPU perf drop down so much.Please do best bios for this model. 
No one in Thailand recommend MSI Motherboard for now because MSI do BAD AMD Bios .

jcoatanea

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #86 on: 31-August-19, 15:46:24 »

I managed to solve the Linux boot issue by resetting the CMOS.
It seems the BETA BIOS sets some BIOS settings to values that make the system unstable, though i'm not sure which exactly.

jere.cosita88

• SERGEANT
« Reply #87 on: 01-September-19, 19:45:28 »

I am using BIOS 145 in my ACE, I am glad that they have put some options in the BIOS, but it is messy.

Thanks

fatalus

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #88 on: 02-September-19, 15:43:40 »

I am using the v138 beta bios in a X570 Gaming Edge and it is perfectly stable and working perfectly with memory speed 3733Mhz CL16 and infinity fabric clock 1867Mhz as in the previous BIOS. It needed though some finetuning in the BIOS, as it sets the VDDP and VDDG voltages too high as default.

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #89 on: 02-September-19, 15:51:25 »

Well, the latest beta versions work good, but they are way to far from beeing "stable".
Not only that weird standard voltage settings, nor other standard set stuff...
There's still a lot of work to do.

these were one step in the right direction, still some more steps to go. Hope we don't have to wait another 7 weeks until next version drops.

peetweb

• CORPORAL
« Reply #90 on: 04-September-19, 05:01:06 »

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for my english :D.

Iam new to this forum, but iam a long customer of MSI Motherboards, always was happy, but sadly this one seems to be the first that is making me not really happy.
And just a little constructive cristism on the Forum. At least this beta thread. Its really chaotic with people writing all over the place about x570 boards and b450 boards etc.
I was reading through this thread and was immediately confused.

Before this, i had another motherboard, a really cheap B350 (other company, not want to tell here), that i had already laying around and that i just upgraded to a 3700x on it and it even boosted higher than my B450 Tomahawk MAX, that i just ordered, which is already odd.
Sadly the bios on my B350 (other company, not want to tell here) seems to got corrupted (both the main and the backup bios) because of a overclocking attempt. So overall alot of companys are slacking on their ryzen3000 AM4 bioses atm it seems.

My system now is a B450 Tomahawk MAX with a 3700x, a GTX1070 Jetstream and 2x4gb Gskill Ripjaws V Black 3200mhz on XMP Profile nr1.
Except the ram that is on XMP, everything else is stock.

Now to the problem. The board came with the bios V3.0, which i then immediatly flashed to the ABB Bios, V3.12 and it seemed to run for a while with no problems, but after a week or so, the Nvidia Driver nvlddmkm.sy i think (forgott the right name), kept constantly crashing and the eventviewer was full with the nvidia driver recovery and display warnings. Even on bootup, with no load on the GPU, i had weird green artifacts on the monitor.
And even when i came into windows, openeing the browser was enough to BSOD, with the driver crashing and recovering in loop, or even trigger a reboot entirely. It got consistently worse and worse.

I reverted to the AB Bios, V3.1, and it now it seems to be gone.
Before that, i did a fresh windows install and even reverted the nvidia driver, which didnt help. (always used DDU)
Also i reseated all the hardware before, incl. the cooler and it didnt help either.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about this. To me It looks like the bios is corrupting itself after a longer period of time running.

Greetings

cristianofrota_

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #91 on: 06-September-19, 11:54:57 »

My pc with ryzen 3600 is initializing with "2799mhz", even with PBO enable on msi bios. In other words, the stock clock was transformed into "2.8ghz". The problem started with the bios version beta "abb", but i've just tried non-beta H.20 and the problem keeps unsolved. Anyone with this same problem?

m0nster212

• CORPORAL
« Reply #92 on: 09-September-19, 08:58:47 »

i have the gaming edge wifi board, and since day one i have the laggy mouse, but thats the only issue, still on first bios.. i am afraid to update the bios just to fix laggy mouse when it seems more issues are showing up when updating.. not sure what to do..
Ryzen 3700x
MSI Meg Ace x570
Trident 3600 rgb 32gb
MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB
Thermaltake 700w 80+
Sabrent 1TB NVMe
WD 4tb HDD
MSI Core Frozr x

renzov

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #93 on: 09-September-19, 10:04:28 »

i have the gaming edge wifi board, and since day one i have the laggy mouse, but thats the only issue, still on first bios.. i am afraid to update the bios just to fix laggy mouse when it seems more issues are showing up when updating.. not sure what to do..

I also got the x570 gaming edge wifi, but with the latest bios version v13 (.130).....i do not have hardware/software issues, except that i cannot reach the advertising boost speed, but this is currently a known issue and is being worked. (hope this will be solved in the future)............i actually even set all my cores to 4.2 as this was for now the most stable.....i do not really stress my x3900 that often...

Freeman79

• SERGEANT
« Reply #94 on: 09-September-19, 10:23:28 »

Why is the Bios situation sooo weird?

Beta Bios version is .138 for the MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI from the 26.08.19
And the "stable" version has the .130 which came yesterday on the support page but is labled with the date 30.08....

Dang MSI, get your shhhh together. It's about time...

BIOS update is not recommended unless your system is NOT working properly.

X570 BIOS AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA
Caution!!
1. Better download the latest AMD tool (Ryzen Master) from AMD website for verification
2. This BIOS does not affect DRAM overclocking much but memory may become a little bit more unstable above 4600Mhz (MICRON)
3. You may try disabling GearDownMode to have better performance if using HYNIX single side die
4. Might not observe significant change if CPU cooler is not powerful enough (Stock Cooler)

Note.
CPPC (Collaborative Power And Performance Control)
Auto/Enable -> System would have better performance but CPU frequency will not drop during idle (use windows 10 with update after MAY + Cinebench R15)
Disable -> CPU frequency will drop to save energy during idle
Location in BIOS

Thanks for that Info @Leonard

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #95 on: 09-September-19, 11:54:51 »

it makes sense actually, MSI beta bios start with number at the end, in your case 1.31, 1.32, ......, 1.38, once they decide to release official BIOS with all the solution from 1.3x, they will build bios 1.30 to accommodate all the solution.

to make it clear, the bios release process will be like 1.21, 1.22, 1.23, 1.20, 1.31, 1.32, 1.30 which all the 1.x0 versions are official release

by the way, i think the "release date" is more like "BIOS build date", it never matches the actually "release date" from my experience, lol. and since it takes couple days to verify the bios stability, in your case again, bios was build on Aug, 30, take about a week to verify, so it came out yesterday on the website. Just my guess

veganfanatic

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • HARDCORE GAMES™
« Reply #96 on: 09-September-19, 13:53:54 »

MSI X470 Gaming Plus did not seem to be on the list :(

unsubdk

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #97 on: 09-September-19, 18:54:45 »

Finally boost work correctly for me on BIOS 7C36AMS.141 1.0.0.3ABBA  ... thank you :worship:

Im on the MSI X570 Creation with a temporary 3600, on all previous BIOS's i hit a wall at 4100 Mhz ... but now i've seen 4200 Mhz on 4 out of 6 cores :)

garmatainais666

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #98 on: 09-September-19, 20:44:19 »

Random shutdowns on MSI B450M Mortar Titanium, no clue what is causing these shutdowns, using latest bios 7B89vA92(Beta version) A.92 i tried previous version of bios 7B89vA8 too but same problems,i tried to underclock and overclock, cpu, ram, changed gpu and ram slots, tried different settings, played days with overclocked cpu,gpu and ram without problems then sometimes when pc was off after night my first start causing shutdowns when loading windows or in windows or when im gaming or its shutting down even in bios or before bios, nothing overheating everything is cold and installed correctly from manual all drivers are latest from MSI live update, latest amd chipset drivers, latest gpu drivers or without dribers still randomly shuts down ,i tried different power modes in windows too but nothing,i tried other gpu too Radeon HD 5670 and shutdowns happening anyway, memory in 2nd slot and tried other slots too but no luck. PSU Chieftec 750w, ram Goodram IRDM X 8gb 3200 CL 16,GPU MSI r9 390x., CPU ryzen 5 3600. Maybe some sensors shutting down system, i dont know, motherboard is new, cpu is new and ram is new. I used this gpu and psu on other motherboard and everything is fine. How to fix it, its broken motherboard or bios or cpu ,where is the problem , how to fix it ?

ivankuz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #99 on: 10-September-19, 02:30:53 »

ABBA works much better than ABB, all 3700X cores can reach 4400 Mhz. By the way, the temperature of the processor and VCore at idling is better than that of ABB.
But still, AMD Quick & Quiet is disabled by default...

@Leonard
Could you please explain what is point of disabling AMD Quick & Quiet by default? It disables all Windows power plans and increases the CPU temp.
When I enable it in the BIOS, it fixes the high CPU temps, high VCore, power plans and doesn't affect the CPU performance at all.  I tested it in the different games and benchmarks.
IMO AMD Quick & Quiet should be disabled only if you want to overclock the CPU.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up