Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psu vs ups  (Read 230 times)

garg.rishavTopic starter

• SERGEANT
Psu vs ups
« on: 28-August-19, 22:23:02 »

Hi

Today i am Facing very interesting issue. I m using Antec 650w neo classic modular psu.

And i have backup ups cyberpower BU1000e which is 600w ups.

When i m using my computer normal for everyday task. And suddenly electricity cut happened. My pc won't get shutdown immediately.

And today when i was using furmark benchmark test to test my OVERCLOCK gpu and electricity cut happened.

My pc didn't survive by UPS. It got shutdown/closed as soon as electricity gone.

My 600w ups didn't worked in this situation

Does anyone have idea why my ups didn't give power during running of furmark benchmark test.

It's weird

What i m suspecting that psu was drawing more than 600w during the benchmark test and my ups had limitation of 600w and it didn't survived.

Krank

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: Psu vs ups
« Reply #1 on: 28-August-19, 23:09:23 »

Hi,

Please list the complete specs of your system hardware.

shabbirh

• SERGEANT
    • Shabbir's Blog
Re: Psu vs ups
« Reply #2 on: 29-August-19, 04:06:36 »

Hi

Today i am Facing very interesting issue. I m using Antec 650w neo classic modular psu.

And i have backup ups cyberpower BU1000e which is 600w ups.

When i m using my computer normal for everyday task. And suddenly electricity cut happened. My pc won't get shutdown immediately.

And today when i was using furmark benchmark test to test my OVERCLOCK gpu and electricity cut happened.

My pc didn't survive by UPS. It got shutdown/closed as soon as electricity gone.

My 600w ups didn't worked in this situation

Does anyone have idea why my ups didn't give power during running of furmark benchmark test.

It's weird

What i m suspecting that psu was drawing more than 600w during the benchmark test and my ups had limitation of 600w and it didn't survived.
The specs of your computer would be useful, however, given that you were using Furmark (which does put load on both the CPU and the GPU), and the fact that you have a 650W PSU - but only a 600W UPS, it is not surprising that your UPS didn't step in.

To clarify further, what do you have plugged into the UPS - just your computer - or also your monitor (or monitors if you use more than one).

You will need to calculate what your power usage actually is, and then determine what UPS you need - my experience has told me that whatever your computer's power usage (as well as anything else you might have plugged into the UPS) doubled would be what you need for reliable UPS security.

Also I'm assuming your UPS is connected to your computer by USB (or serial if it's an old one), also what level were the batteries on your UPS charged to, and was your UPS software (if applicable) running?

As @Krank has asked, your system spec's might be useful in helping to diagnose this.
Primary WorkstationMSI MEG X570 ACE AMD Ryzen 9 3900XMSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost OC 8GB
Server 1MSI Z97S SLI Krait EditionIntel i7 4790KMSI Radeon VII 16GB
Server 2MSI Z97S SLI Krait EditionIntel i7 4790KMSI Radeon VII 16GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up