Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On MSI refusal to provide firmware for monitors with USB for manual upgrade  (Read 176 times)

akatosTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Greetings,

We need to discuss msi's policy on that. Other manufacturers like samsung (here is your proof, scroll down, see downloads : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/curved-gaming-monitor-chg70-series) provide you firmware on their site so you can update your monitor.

I bought last week a brand new msi mag271CQR and guess what it has firmware 011 (newest is 013 - which mitigates the issue) and ofc it has noticeable color banding. I opened a ticket and requested the newer firmware, and guess what? They told me I need to RMA it so they perform firmware update themselves. Well, I live in Greece and guess what, the nearest RMA department of MSI is... in... Poland! Which is ~2000km away from me. So... They suggest I should ship a brand new monitor to 2000km away with all the risks involved with the shipping companies  and at the same time losing my monitor for 2-4 weeks until the shipment arrives to them and it is sent back.

This is utterly ridiculous and we need to stand up. Samsung already provides the firmware to the customers so they can update their monitors (see c27hg70). The monitor has a USB port so it is possible. It is just laziness and cheapness from MSI that they do not want to pay/assign their programmers to implement it. They already provide a desktop OSD program for the monitor, so it would be easy to add a function inside it to patch the monitor with a file through it.

It is retarded af as you can upgrade firmware in your logitech mouse, keybord, flash bios on motherboard and even gpus...

ashampton000

• CORPORAL

Can you not just return it to the store of purchase and get them to organise it ?

akatosTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Can you not just return it to the store of purchase and get them to organise it ?
You mean I am supposed to return a brand new monitor I bought for 450 euros to the store and wait 1 month to get it back upgraded? The monitor needs to be shipped in Poland. Non-express shipping inside EU is too slow. And no company pays for express shipping for an RMA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up