Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hinge Broke - Time for a replacement - Story time - Suggestions taken  (Read 391 times)

nutronicTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

My GE73 7RD Raider which I have had since June last year has just broke it's hinge. No idea how it happened as nothing has been dropped on it and it has not been dropped on the floor.

I had just finished reinstalling windows 10 when I decided to close the lid, this is when I heard it cracking so I stopped immediately. I refuse to close it more because I didnt want to damage it further.

We googled and found that it happened to someone else after 6 months, so I guess MSI products are not worth the money. Even if they do look really nice and awesome and are quiet. [font="Segoe UI","Helvetica Neue","Liberation Sans","Nimbus Sans L",Arial,sans-serif]I have filled in a repair form as I have read that its covered for 2 years from purchase but I have a think I will be charged for the repair as I will have to close the lid in order to send it for repair (obviously). I do not want this to happen again.[/font][/color]

So I have decided that I want an alternative gaming laptop that you've found that is better than a GE73 7RD that can run games with lots of explosions happening such as Battlefield and can stream Xbox One games without any issue (like my GE73 could).

Here's photo's of the hinge that I have uploaded to another website.

damian.pozimski

• PRIVATE E-2

I had exactly the same issue after 6 months.
MSI service fixed it for free

xCryptik

• SERGEANT

I'm still waiting response for service center about one of the MSI unit that have the same problem as well which is out of warranty. 
Hopefully the charges will not be as high as other brand after out of warranty.

trentonlosh

• PRIVATE E-2

GS73VR Owner.

Similar thing just happened to my Stealth. Currently trying to determine a decent/quick course of action. Does anyone know if this turned out to be covered and if so what process you went through?

I have been looking frantically to find options and even if I should buy a new case (as mine is now dented from the hinge pushing out the "steel" case).

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

vh.fg

• PRIVATE E-2

I had this problem and all went great, only 4 days without computer.
Mine is a GE73 8RF, newer, but same hinge mechanism.

Sent an e-mail to msi support, received a link.
It was a questionnaire/form, filled my address...
Received an e-mail saying that next monday at a certain time some post company would come pickup the laptop.
After 3 days, I received the laptop like new.

After 6 months, I haven't got any problems. I don't know if it is definitely fixed. We'll see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up