Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragon Center 1.0.38.0/X570 Carbon Wifi CPU stuck at fixed clockspeed ?  (Read 472 times)

BelgeronTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hi,
i'm totally new with MSI Mainboards or Dragon Center so sorry for a maybe stuipd question.
I have the X570 Carbon Wifi with a 3700x Ryzen running.

When I set a Perfomance TAP Silent/Balance/Extrem or use the Custom one to play with fan speeds to get a silent System I have a problem that the CPU Clockspeed always stucks at the speed set in profile not more not less but I don't want to have my system run right from startup incl. Idle at full 4250Mhz.  Why is the cpu not clocking down or clock higher ?

When I use AMD RYZEN Master and set it to Creater or Gamer Mode this works fine, that's the reason why i removed Dragon Center complete, but know Mystic Light is no longer working as the standalone software only supports my 2080 Trio X but not the Mainboard at the moment where all is connected via RGB.

richard.y

• CAPTAIN

What is your bios version and dragon center version?

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,
1/ There is a new version of Dragon Center: >>V1.0.40.0<<.
2/ If problem remains, load of the last bios version available for MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI should resolve:
- Take an USB pen with no more than 16GB and only 1 FAT or FAT32 partition.
   Verify it with CHKDSK.

- Download bios
>>Bios V1.24<<.
- Unzip it and copy the extracted file '
E7B93AMS.124' in the the USB pen.
- Boot and enter in Bios Setup. Press <F6>, confirm, press <F10> and confirm. Pc should restart.
- Enter again in Bios Setup.
- Plug the USB pen into one port on the back panel.
- Click on M-Flash and select the file.

PC should reboot and the update process should start; b
e cautious to not abort it before the end (can last up to 5mn).

- Once update ended, power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off

Enter in bios setup and set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ BIOS UEFI/CSM Mode" to "UEFI" (change nothing else at this time).
Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

h9dlb

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

I have exactly same issue with my 3600x although I am not using dragon centre - clok speed is stuck at 4.25gz at all times - never down clocks to stock and never boosts to 4.4ghz

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

I have exactly same issue with my 3600x although I am not using dragon centre - clok speed is stuck at 4.25gz at all times - never down clocks to stock and never boosts to 4.4ghz
1/ Do you use bios V1.24 (ComboPI.1.0.0.0.3abb, 2019-08-26)?
2/ Have you installed >>AMD Chipset Driver V19.10.16 (2019-07-01)<< and verified that AMD Power Balanced Plan is selected in Windows?
3/ Have you (re)load bios default values (press [F6] in bios setup) and see if problem remains?
Have a good day,
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

BelgeronTopic starter

• CORPORAL

I've already Bios 1.24 installed, resetted bios to default and so on. 
This doesn't seems to be a Bios problem for me, as if i just unselect any sencario in Dragon Center and start Ryzan Master for Preset Gaming, Creator Mode or CPU default - Core clock will float up or down.

Same now with Dragon Center 1.0.40.0 - Bios 1.24:

Dragon Center nailes it to 2800Mhz for silent, balances to 3600Mhz and extrem to 4150Mhz for my 3700x.
CPU utilization is 2-10% windows idle - clock speed 4150 Mhz nailed - don't know why this is so.

Rajackar

• CORPORAL

I'm having the exact same behavior when Dragon Center is installed.
It's really interfering with any normal CPU scaling that Ryzen is supposed to do.
I'm a bit annoyed that mystic light is only available through dragon center now as I really don't want the other features, just manage my RGB. You could try disabling all services except the one that does the RGB and see if that helps. 
I ended up completely uninstalling it.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

I'm a bit annoyed that mystic light is only available through dragon center now as I really don't want the other features, just manage my RGB. You could try disabling all services except the one that does the RGB and see if that helps.
I ended up completely uninstalling it.
1/ To fully uninstall Dragon Center:
- In "Settings \ Apps", uninstall Mystic Light, Dragon Center and ONEDC_SDK. If ONEDC_SDK cannot be removed, uninstall it in Safe mode.
- In Explorer, configure to view hidden files, then delete "Dragon Center" and "One Dragon Center" directories in "C:\ProgramData\MSI", "C:\Program Files\MSI" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI".
Reboot.
2/ Install >>Mystic Light 3 V3.0.0.66 (2019-08-30)<<. It should work.
Have a good day,

Rajackar

• CORPORAL

1/ To fully uninstall Dragon Center:
- In "Settings \ Apps", uninstall Mystic Light, Dragon Center and ONEDC_SDK. If ONEDC_SDK cannot be removed, uninstall it in Safe mode.
- In Explorer, configure to view hidden files, then delete "Dragon Center" and "One Dragon Center" directories in "C:\ProgramData\MSI", "C:\Program Files\MSI" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI".
Reboot.
2/ Install >>Mystic Light 3 V3.0.0.66 (2019-08-30)<<. It should work.
Have a good day,

Am I correct that stand alone mystic light will not manage newer mainboards like the x570 line? I gave it a try but it wouldn't show me my mainboard (x570 pro carbon), only the GPU and other devices.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.

Am I correct that stand alone mystic light will not manage newer mainboards like the x570 line? I gave it a try but it wouldn't show me my mainboard (x570 pro carbon), only the GPU and other devices.

Correct. Dragon Center can download a mystic light plugin that will allow you to use mystic light through dragon center. This is how MSI is currently moving with their software going forward.
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 1MSI GS73VR-6RFIntel i7 6700HQ16GB DDR4MSI GTX1060 6GB
ServerMSI X370 SLI PlusAMD Ryzen 5 1500X16GB DDR4MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor OC
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB
System 4MSI Z390 Gaming PlusIntel i5 9400F16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHzMSI HD7770 2GB

LBJistherealchamp

• MAJOR

Check out the link below
https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/download

Rajackar

• CORPORAL

Correct. Dragon Center can download a mystic light plugin that will allow you to use mystic light through dragon center. This is how MSI is currently moving with their software going forward.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I can see why MSI wants to move to more integrated management software. But as much as I like the MSI hardware I really don't like dragon center. In my opinion it's just a messy piece of software that only works half of the time and interferes with way too much on my system.
They will probably keep improving and hopefully this has changed in a few months.
Does anyone know if there is a way to offer feedback to the dev team of dragon center?

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 1MSI GS73VR-6RFIntel i7 6700HQ16GB DDR4MSI GTX1060 6GB
ServerMSI X370 SLI PlusAMD Ryzen 5 1500X16GB DDR4MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor OC
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB
System 4MSI Z390 Gaming PlusIntel i5 9400F16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHzMSI HD7770 2GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up