Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Afterburner won't apply OC at startup  (Read 238 times)

jayeld77Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Afterburner won't apply OC at startup
« on: 12-September-19, 16:50:36 »

Hi guys, this is absolutely driving me nuts. I've used afterburner off and on for a long time, but now after not having used it in a while, I'm having this crazy problem; I have my voltage all unlocked and everything, and have my OC all set, so I turned on "start with windows" and "start minimized" and clicked the windows icon under "startup" on the main interface screen. However, when I restart the PC (windows 10 latest build) it applies the OC for a brief time, but then after about 10-20 secs, it reverts back to stock speeds for both the core and memory. 
After it reverts back to the stock speed, the only way to actually get the OC to apply, is to apply it from a profile, or to change one setting, change it back, and then click apply... because even though the clock speeds are running at stock, afterburner still seems to "think" the OC is actually applied (all the OC settings still appear the way I set them on the main interface, even though the clock speeds are actually running at stock). 
Anyway, I can send screens or take a video of the exact problem if I need to, but it's really driving me nuts to have to manually apply the OC every single time I restart the computer. 
Thanks in advance for the help!

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
Re: Afterburner won't apply OC at startup
« Reply #1 on: 12-September-19, 16:57:38 »

what exact graphics card make and model do you have?
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.D0
Core i7 7820X @ 4404.45 MHz (44 * 100.1 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.245v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMR32GX4M4Z3200C16 @ 1602.9 MHz (DDR4-3206), 16-18-18-36-2t, 1.35v
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC
1TB Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD + 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

jayeld77Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 12-September-19, 17:10:02 »

It's a Gigabyte gtx 1080 G1 gaming. I took some pictures of my screen after a restart to try to show whats happening, but I guess they are too large for me up attach to the post.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 12-September-19, 17:11:24 »

Hi

Sorry but we only support MSI retail products.
For general Afterburner support, see >>CLICK<<
:nichlock:
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up