Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to Overclock my older CPU for the first time, but my BIOS is mad  (Read 180 times)

reprisal3junkTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Specs:
CPU - Intel 3570k Motherboard - MSI Z77A-G43 (running latest BIOS) Windows 10 x64
Decided to bring a little extra juice into my old PC's life by overclocking my CPU for the first time. My first try was attempted using the MSI Control Center app, but upon opening I was alerted that I needed to install Intel ME8 drivers to be able to overclock my CPU. I searched for these drivers, but MSI and intel did not have them for download on their support sites. I finally found a secondary source, but upon running the driver setup, it said that I am currently running more recent drivers. So I didn't install.
Second try I decided to try out the OC Genie 2 feature of my MOBO. Upon loading the OC Genie 2 option in the BIOS and restarting....my BIOS got stuck in an EFI Shell loop. Always booted to EFI Shell, typed exit, brought me back to BIOS, etc...Also, during this Shell loop, my BIOS started acting very strange: had missing menus, the cursor would disappear, weird hieroglyphic symbols under icons, etc... The only way to get out of the loops was to revert all BIOS settings back to 'optimal defaults'.
I tried changing the CPU settings manually in the BIOS and it resulted in the exact same EFI Shell loop.
I'm not sure where to go from here. The support for my mobo and processor seem to be dated. Am I out of luck in being able to OC this CPU?

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

I tried changing the CPU settings manually in the BIOS and it resulted in the exact same EFI Shell loop.

what exactly you've changed and to what value?
what bios version board is using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up