Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI P65 Creator 8RF-450US - shuts down when picked up from the right side  (Read 355 times)

patrick.snappTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello, 

I have been using the laptop for a while now for work and i noticed when i pickup the laptop from the right side. Space between thumb and index finder by the HDMI port and finger under the laptop taking most of the pressure the laptop shuts down instantly. Also when i even just squeeze the laptop in that thumb area it just shuts down without warning.. not sure what to do here, i am a freelance designer and i NEED to have a laptop i can carry around.

after i tested it twice, of shutdowns i got an blue screen saying something crucial for the machine to run is not connected.  thanks

Amaella

• MAJOR

Hey there, that does not sound like something that should be happening. I recommend to either return your laptop if you can or RMA. It sounds like a hardware issue which other users cannot assist you with, as this is just a user to user forum. Best option is to open a ticket via your msi account where you hopefully registered the laptop or give them a call should you want to RMA. Good luck!
Previous laptops: Asus K55VJ (i5-3210m, gt635m, 12GB ddr3 RAM, Samsung EVO 850 500GB)
                          MSI GT72VR 6RE (i7-6820HK, gtx1070), MSI GT75 8RG (i7-8750H, gtx 1080)
Current desktops:  i7-8700k, evga 1080ti ftw3, Asus Z370 prime-a, 2x8GB Corsair RAM @3000MHz, Fractal Design Define r6 TG white, Noctua NH-D15
                          i7-7740x, msi x299 raider, msi gtx 1060 armor 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, NZXT h440
If my answers help you out, feel free to help me out by marking them as best solution! Happy gaming to all!

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

hum its been about 5 months. cannot return. I will submit a ticket. im not expecting much help saddly.

Thanks.

RaiderGamer

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

get in the habbit of picking it up differently

or open it and look it that area for the issue, wires touching or something
Click Here to:    Download Windows 10     Reinstall Graphics Driver     Update Bios

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

thats probably what i will end up doing. as dumb as that is turning into. Opened it and everything looks fine. 

I did some tests. The battery pin hole button has the same effect when clicked when the device is on. After 3 clicks i get the same error message error 0xc0000225 ( or another number) SO that would leave me to believe that the body is bending and clicking the battery button on the bottom. It seems to be a hefty design flaw on MSI's part.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

thats probably what i will end up doing. as dumb as that is turning into. Opened it and everything looks fine.

I did some tests. The battery pin hole button has the same effect when clicked when the device is on. After 3 clicks i get the same error message error 0xc0000225 ( or another number) SO that would leave me to believe that the body is bending and clicking the battery button on the bottom. It seems to be a hefty design flaw on MSI's part.
You are so, so wrong with your assumption that its the battery reset button.
You could have saved yourself so much time and effort just by googling error 0xc0000225
Its software or hardware,and its not software cuz its a physical action that is causing the problem.
The board is flexing causing the SSD to become disconnected, or its causing the SSD to flex and open a circuit and shut down.
Check the SSD.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

i hear ya, but its a different error every time, also the board is not flexing, the laptop is not flexing. the bottom is soft ish.

How does a screwed in M.2 disconnect by it self?

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

its a different error every time,
the board is not flexing, the laptop is not flexing. the bottom is soft ish.

How does a screwed in M.2 disconnect by it self?
Bad copper contacts on the M.2 connection can open, or a bad M.2 connector.
Solder joints came apart on the M.2 PCB, flexing will cause it to open the circuit.
Copper traces are really thin and can break if the circuit board is flexed, both the M.2 and MB.

https://www.google.com/search?q=error+0xc0000225&oq=error+0xc0000225&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

thanks for this. bleh. thanks MSI...

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

thanks for this. bleh. thanks MSI...
Lots of defective M.2's out there, don't blame MSI.
Look at the error codes, I bet it all points to a defective M.2 or the connection on the motherboard.
MSI will probably replace the MB and possibly the SSD.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

it appears that when i put my cellphone on the laptop in the wrist area, the laptop shuts down. Also my screen is beginning to i dont know how to describe it but i looks like its falling apart. Looks like oil smudges on the screen when the screen is perfectly clean. Hope MSI can help me out lol

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

it appears that when i put my cellphone on the laptop in the wrist area, the laptop shuts down. Also my screen is beginning to i dont know how to describe it but i looks like its falling apart. Looks like oil smudges on the screen when the screen is perfectly clean. Hope MSI can help me out lol
Its still not sent in?

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

nope, i have contacted them multiple times and they have never reached out. tickets. emails, on twitter to MSI support i was given an email address and was never replied to.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

nope, i have contacted them multiple times and they have never reached out. tickets. emails, on twitter to MSI support i was given an email address and was never replied to.
Start a repair ticket not a conversation on twitter....

Pages: [1]   Go Up