Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong backlight color after keyboard change  (Read 61 times)

azevedo-aTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Wrong backlight color after keyboard change
« on: 09-October-19, 16:40:46 »

Hello, 
I just changed the keyboard of my GP62 MVR 7RF pc myself, I checked that the spare part was the right one, it is the case.
But when I turned on the PC the backlight is green, whereas it was and is supposed to be white...
I don't understand where the problem is, it's the right part, just the color that's wrong and no software can change that.
Do you have any leads/ideas?

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
Re: Wrong backlight color after keyboard change
« Reply #1 on: 09-October-19, 19:53:21 »

Hello,
I just changed the keyboard of my GP62 MVR 7RF pc myself, I checked that the spare part was the right one, it is the case.
But when I turned on the PC the backlight is green, whereas it was and is supposed to be white...
I don't understand where the problem is, it's the right part, just the color that's wrong and no software can change that.
Do you have any leads/ideas?
Check for an EC update (Find version number in the Bios) and reinstall Steelseries.

azevedo-aTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Wrong backlight color after keyboard change
« Reply #2 on: 10-October-19, 17:01:55 »

Check for an EC update (Find version number in the Bios) and reinstall Steelseries.

I updated the BIOS and EC, uninstalled steelseries engine and then re-installed but nothing has changed.

I forgot to mention that I have the version gp62mvr 7rf 499xfr 

with a solid and fixed white backlight color (normally not rgb), that's why I don't understand why the backlight is now green...

What to do about it? (I no longer have any idea)
Pages: [1]   Go Up