Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No MSI info and MSI clock speed flags in display properties  (Read 3831 times)

age2Topic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT

My problem is really curious. Several days ago I bought new harddrive and made clear instalation of Win98 SE. After that I installed VIA 4 in 1, on-board audio drivers, the new DirectX and then DetonatorXP drivers for my G4 Ti 4600. My problem is that in display properties I miss two flags descrabing my nVidia card - MSI information and MSI clock. System has detected card correctly. In advanced display properties I can adjust OpenGL and Direct 3D settings, AA settings, etc.

My system is stable in every game and benchmarks, so it means that card works correctly. Powerstrip detects core and memory speeds correctly, under adapter options in this program I see 128 MB video memory, AGP 4x enabled, fastwrites enabled - everything is correct.

But in display properties I do not see MSI information and MSI clock speed flags. Why ??? I have also reinstalled VIA 4 in 1 and Detonator XP drivers - it did not help.

Before byuing my new harddrive (80 GB Seagate,7200rpm) I had 30 GB IBM,5400rpm. Windows 98 SE installed on this harddrive detects card correctly too including MSI information and MSI clock speed flags. Now I miss it. Any idea ???

On both harddrives I have installed DetonatorXP 29.42 then I have updated to 30.82

My system:
MSI K7T Turbo 6330 3.0
1,33 GHz Athlon T-bird
512 MBRAM
G4 Ti 4600
80 GB Seagate BarracudaIV 7200rpm
Win98 SE

Assaf

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • GENERAL
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 02-September-02, 22:32:08 »

The MSI tabs only show if you use an MSI driver from the MSI website.
They are nVIDIA drivers with the added MSI tabs and logos...

But there is no real reson to do it.

KTAALGSTO

I have the flags, just not an MSI card
« Reply #2 on: 03-September-02, 03:56:37 »

I just bought and installed the MSI G3TI200 Pro T and I have the flags age 2 is talking about. I tried to get the latest drivers through MSI, but Live Update 2 tells me that I don't have an MSI video card. Funny, it says it is on the box, it says it is on the card, it says it is if I look in System Information. But MSI says I don't have one? Hmmmmmm  It works quite well though. LOL

I downloaded the 40.40 Detonators and installed them. Still works like a charm and I still have the flags age 2 is missing. Hmmmmmmmmm :D

age2Topic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 03-September-02, 09:24:40 »

As I said above I have installed DetonatorXP drivers v29.42 first then 30.82 and I had MSI info and MSI clock tabs in display properties. Now after installing on new harddrive I miss them. I do not know why.

The very first VGA drivers that I have installed were from MSI but then I have unistalled them and installed DetonatorXP drivers. Could this by the reason I had this info tabs under display properties after installing detonators on old harddrive?

Richard

• nForce & GeForce Guru
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 04-September-02, 01:16:04 »

age2,

It is accessing the old drivers.  Make sure they are fully uninstalled.  Then install the Detonator 4, 40.41 drivers from nVidia.  You might need to go into the registry to remove all of the MSI driver info.

Good Luck,

Richard
Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
Athlon64 3700+ Sandy
(o/c'd 2.8Ghz)
Zalman CNPS9500LED
2-1Gb Mushkin Extreme PC-4000 (Slots 2 & 4)
(o/c'd 510Mhz)
2 x MSI NX6800GT-T2D256 (o/c'd Stock)
X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD - Dolby Digital Live
2-WD Raptors Raid 0
(16k Stripe)
NEC 16 Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Logitech Z-680 500W Dolby Digital DTS THX 5.1
Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

eel3

I have slightly different problem
« Reply #5 on: 04-September-02, 02:12:23 »

I am running Windows XP, with the latest updates, and I downloaded the latest drivers for my VTD Geforce4 Ti4400-VTD. I do have the info and clock flags, but when I click on them, I get a run a dll as an app error.

AppName: rundll32.exe    AppVer: 5.1.2600.0    ModName: msicpl.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1    Offset: 000016e9

This error occured before i updated xp and the video card drivers, and after i did so.

I also have another problem where I cannot use my video capture features in any program, until I capture in windows movie maker first. Then it works fine in other programs. If i don't run windows movie maker first, I just get horizontal gray lines in any capture program. I have to use windows movie maker every time i boot up my computer to capture.

Hoping someone can help me with these two problems. Thanks

eel3

also
« Reply #6 on: 04-September-02, 02:13:43 »

Forgot to mention that the reason that I'm posting on this thread is because I have the same 80 gig 7200 RPM Barracuda ATA-IV IDE hard drive as age2. Coincidence?

pabloreba

Clock And Info Flags Problem (GF4MX440)
« Reply #7 on: 08-September-02, 05:08:18 »

I installed the MSI Drivers from the MSI cd. All ok but the clock and info tabs were missing. I upgraded the driver from msi site to 3000 and no tabs.

X(  

Before the GF4 i had a gf2 and i realized i forgot to uninstall the nvidia drivers before installing the new card's drivers. I uninstalled them and reinstalled the msi driver 3000. But no clock nor info tabs.

Can someone help me? Are those tabs needed?

I'm using xp pro, intel p4 1.8 on motherboard intel d850md, 1gb ram.

Also the 3d turbo experience gives me msivga.ocx initialization error.

Thanxs.

Originally posted by Assaf

eric67

XP and MSI tabs in display properties
« Reply #8 on: 09-September-02, 12:01:52 »

Originally posted by eel3
Forgot to mention that the reason that I'm posting on this thread is because I have the same 80 gig 7200 RPM Barracuda ATA-IV IDE hard drive as age2. Coincidence?

sorry to say but I have a IBM HD, and the same problem, when installing MSI driver, the MSI info and Clock tab appears in the display properties, but when selected got error message, and the display properties immediately closes. It seems to be a bad compatibility of the MSI features with XP; but I could not get info nor solution to fix it, so if you got it, please forward it to me; that way I could overclock my MSI card.
Regards

Eric :P

Finnbogi

MSI-CLOCK ERROR
« Reply #9 on: 10-September-02, 00:42:18 »

I don´t think MSI is going to anything, they have known this problem for couple of months and don´t even  reponse if you send it to MSI support longer.  Don´t you love them.

I thougt this problem was XP and ASUS P4S533 mobo, but I also have IBM harddisk, thats new.

My advise : Don't use MSI drivers, use 40.41 and use Coolbits to overclock.

Of course it's bugs me don't be able to run everthing on my card.  

Regards
Finnbogi

dr.tony

msi clock flags
« Reply #10 on: 10-September-02, 02:58:46 »

Does anyone solved the problem with windowsxp that the msi clocl flag does not show up?
I have a P4 2.4. 512 mb ram and the MB is asus p4s533!!!
thanks
Tony

dr.tony

oops
« Reply #11 on: 10-September-02, 03:02:33 »

My vga card is Geforce4MX440 64 mb ddr
Dr.tony

alarralde

can't remove MSI drivers
« Reply #12 on: 30-September-02, 07:57:14 »

Originally posted by Assaf

I have tried to remove my MSI drivers but they keep coming back.  I removed them from the registry and they still keep coming back.  I am running Win XP pro, can you help?

Pages: [1]   Go Up