Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prestige 14 overheating - no chance of any GPU load?  (Read 532 times)

BarrettDotFiftyTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Prestige 14 overheating - no chance of any GPU load?
« on: 08-November-19, 16:31:48 »

Greetings.

Just got my Prestige 14 yesterday and ran into some issues as I was testing its performance. Basically, the CPU thermal performance is good enough, however, when it comes to the NVIDIA GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU, any higher load seems to make it overheat (thermal throttle) almost immediately. The minimum throttle temperature is set to 75 degrees C, and so even with the fans set to maximum, it gets to that temperature in a matter of minutes, if not seconds.

Strangely enough, even though this GPU seems to have a maximum clock speed of 1125 MHz, I had clock readings of around 1800 MHz and it appears it's a normal thing, due to NVIDIA's GPU Turbo 4.0. I cannot find a way to make the GPU core clock stay under 1125 MHz, nor can I find a solution to the almost immediate thermal throttling at 75 degrees.

Can anyone please help me?

BarrettDotFiftyTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Prestige 14 overheating - no chance of any GPU load?
« Reply #1 on: 08-November-19, 16:40:41 »

Forgot to mention. I tried locking the maximum clock speed to 1100 MHz in MSI Afterburner, but it resets back to 1400 MHz as soon as I apply the set, obviously because for some reason the minimum clock speed is set to 1400 MHz and I can't figure out why.
Pages: [1]   Go Up