Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OPTIX MAG271C G-sync compatible no G-Sync options in Nvdia Control Panel  (Read 115 times)

sdm.bizTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

So I've been trying to figure this out all day. MSI claims this monitor is G-Sync compatible but in the Nvdia control panel it will not show Setup G-Sync under the Display section. I've run installed 3 different drivers, I've run a driver cleaner, no matter what the G-Sync option does not show up. Whats going wrong here? Why will it not give me the option?

Please help, thank you. I'm getting very frustrated.

I'm running windows 10 64bit
GTX 760
OPTIX MAG271C

It's on the list!

bar2ian

• SERGEANT

MSI monitors are not on NVIDIA list of GSYNC compatible so cannot 100% guarantee GSYNC compatible on MSI monitors.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/
Marked as best answer by sdm.biz on 02-December-19, 20:58:07

Metal_Masher

• SERGEANT

Unfortunately the gpu you have will not work ask the G-sync to Adaptive-Sync compatibly mode will only work from the 10 series upward as since you have the 7 series you are out of luck, if you want to use it then a gpu upgrade is required.
For more information look here and a quote from the article: Adaptive Sync is only being enabled on GTX 10-series and RTX 20-series graphics cards as well, with no plans to activate it in older GPUs

sdm.bizTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Unfortunately the gpu you have will not work ask the G-sync to Adaptive-Sync compatibly mode will only work from the 10 series upward as since you have the 7 series you are out of luck, if you want to use it then a gpu upgrade is required. For more information look here and a quote from the article: Adaptive Sync is only being enabled on GTX 10-series and RTX 20-series graphics cards as well, with no plans to activate it in older GPUs

I read about it and thank you! That's awesome. I'm expecting a new GPU to arrive soon so I hope everything will be good to go after that. Honestly this post made my day, thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up