Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Questions regarding GE72MVR-7RG  (Read 78 times)

tamiktamikTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
2 Questions regarding GE72MVR-7RG
« on: 02-December-19, 13:26:01 »

Hi All,

First Question is: 
I need some advice for my GE72MVR laptop that I own. I used to have thermal pads on the inside on the inside on the heat-sink but I removed it from the laptop.
I was wondering what kind of thermal heat pads could I get and where should I place them on the inside (Picture would be perfect) to further cool off my laptop. 
Also, what is the best thermal paste for this laptop if anyone has an idea, this would help me out greatly.

Second question is:
I took my laptop apart (Removed all the screws) and then I set them aside in a cup. The cup was thrown out by someone who didn't realize there were a bunch of laptop screws in there.
Now, I am left screwless. Does anyone know where I can purchase the exact screws for this laptop? Does anyone know the screw type/name? 
If I have no screws could this cause more heat in the laptop?

Also, if anyone owns this laptop and knows better tips/tricks to lower the heat I would greatly appreciate it.

I would greatly appreciate any help with these questions.

Thanks!

RaiderGamer

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Re: 2 Questions regarding GE72MVR-7RG
« Reply #1 on: 02-December-19, 20:20:43 »

go try some tiny screws at the hardware store, just dont force them

if they screw in perfectly and smoothly then u have the right size
Click Here to:     Download Windows 10       Reinstall Graphics Driver       Update Bios

djlenoir

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: 2 Questions regarding GE72MVR-7RG
« Reply #2 on: 06-December-19, 23:44:04 »

I feel for you losing the screws. I have mine apart right now because of a broken chassis and I ended up putting the screws into a ziplock bag and putting it in a safe place because I am scared my kids will toss them out. I have the same laptop as you and it is very similar to this iFixit breakdown guide so the screws should match up pretty well.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MSI+GE72+6QF+Apache+Pro+Keyboard+Replacement/99716

As far as cooling is concerned, I will just cut to the chase and share with you what I bought to help with the cooling of my laptop. I was getting CPU throttling on a regular basis when I first got it. I bought and applied Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound, which is one of (if not the) best thermal compounds on the market today. 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Grizzly-Kryonaut-Grease-Paste/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Thermal+Grizzly+Kryonaut&qid=1575697069&sr=8-3

I also replaced all the thermal pads with Fujipoly Ultra Extreme XR-m Thermal Pads, which are one of the best on the market as well. These are a tad on the expensive side, but you are getting superb heat transfer with these things.They come in different sizes, but this is a link to get you started. 

https://www.amazon.com/mod-smart-Fujipoly-Extreme-Thermal/dp/B00ZSELP3O/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Fujipoly+pads&qid=1575697171&sr=8-3

Between these changes and undervolting the CPU and GPU slightly, my laptop (when it is put together) runs much cooler and I do not suffer from CPU throttling anymore.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up