Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix MSI FORCE GC30 Analog not working  (Read 1715 times)

sutee.254423Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
How to fix MSI FORCE GC30 Analog not working
« on: 04-January-20, 11:17:51 »

When I play games with the MSI FORCE GC30, I have a problem that my left analog cannot control the direction.How to fix!!!!

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
Re: How to fix MSI FORCE GC30 Analog not working
« Reply #1 on: 05-January-20, 14:02:09 »

What games? Do those support stick control? Or what do you mean by left analog?
MSI MEG X570 Godlike (MS-7C34) Bios 1.8
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Phobya Strike 280 Liquid CPU Cooler w. Cooler Master MasterFan MF140R fans
32GB (2 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x F4-3600C18-16GTZN) @ 1799.6 MHz (DDR4-3600) - Ratio 3:54, 1.35v
MSI GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
512GB Silicon Power P34A80 M.2 SSD + 1.92TB KINGSTON A400 SATA SSD
Antec High Current Pro 1000 Platinum-EC PSU • +12V:(4x40A) 83,33A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper Case (SGC-5000-KWN1)

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 07-January-20, 06:24:07 »

NBA2K Control can control everything. Except for the left analog

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #3 on: 07-January-20, 15:36:38 »

And is this game able to use that control.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB (2 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x F4-3600C18-16GTZN) @ 1799.6 MHz (DDR4-3600) - Ratio 3:54, 1.35v
Antec High Current Pro 1000 Platinum-EC PSU • +12V:(4x40A) 83,33A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 10-January-20, 09:31:18 »

NO !!!  Right now it can't be used.

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #5 on: 11-January-20, 07:17:06 »

:rolleyes_anim:  I wanted to know if that is the way the game is meant to be controlled by the manufacturer.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Windows 10 Pro

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 14-January-20, 09:24:17 »

Controlled by the manufacturer

audioslayer8

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 18-January-20, 01:41:12 »

I have the same issue with 2 CONTROLLERS!
3 Months of sporadic use... and left stick in BOTH controllers have this problem.

Pls help with a solution.

c0bradster

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 29-May-20, 08:01:56 »

For those who may interested in fixing Left Controller's directional glitch:
This is not official, and it is an user side fix. Apparently the manufacturer is not responding to the problem. I would like to address that error to be able to have a solution, and politely ask the moderation to consider this post as a helping hand for those who would like to use their controllers. 

The Left Stick has an manufacturer error by factory default.

If you are willing to take it apart, it is an easy fix.
Steps are simple:
Taking apart;
1- Take out 7 screws from the back of your controller (1 is under the label sticker peel carefully)
2- Slowly take out the lower body,
3- Take out 2 screws on the board (lower part, both left and right sides on my board) 
4- Slowly take out motor pins (White pins with cables can be detached, pull slowly and carefully) 

Main part;
 When you turn it around, your keys might drop so just try to lift the board upwards, and keep the body on your ground. 

If you look at the left stick closely you will see there is a cubic mini button near it.
That is your LEFT BUTTON, yes it is too close to left stick. 

Carefully hold the board and push the left stick forward, then circle it clockwise. 
If you notice it is sticking or having a bump near the LB cube that is the cause of your problem. 

To fix that you will need a soft rasper or metal nailfile.
 DO NOT TRY TO CUT IT, it may break apart the skirt of your stick. 
To scrape the skirt you will need to mark the point that bumps the cubic, even a simple notch would mark that, so mark the point that is bumping. 

Hold the Board carefully, hold the top of your Left Stick (From the round plate looking part),  slowly pull the Left stick from the housing.
It will come out easily and can be put back in, Do not force it to pull or pushing. 
If you are able to scrape that skirt do it only to LB cube side, you just need to scrape about 2 milimeters ( just get it enough to not touch the cubic part) 
You will need to start scraping from the point that is bumping, then around that part, so when you turn your stick clockwise or counter clockwise you wont get it bumping again. 

After scraping I am using the controller without a problem.

buzlev

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 30-May-20, 11:43:58 »

This is not official, and it is an user side fix. Apparently the manufacturer is not responding to the problem. I would like to address that error to be able to have a solution, and politely ask the moderation to consider this post as a helping hand for those who would like to use their controllers.

Steps are simple:
Taking apart;
1- Take out 7 screws from the back of your controller (1 is under the label sticker peel carefully)
3- Take out 2 screws on the board (lower part, both left and right sides on my board)
4- Slowly take out motor pins (White pins with cables can be detached, pull slowly and carefully)

Main part;
 When you turn it around, your keys might drop so just try to lift the board upwards, and keep the body on your ground.

If you look at the left stick closely you will see there is a cubic mini button near it.

Carefully hold the board and push the left stick forward, then circle it clockwise.
If you notice it is sticking or having a bump near the LB cube that is the cause of your problem.

To scrape the skirt you will need to mark the point that bumps the cubic, even a simple notch would mark that, so mark the point that is bumping.

Hold the Board carefully, hold the top of your Left Stick (From the round plate looking part),  slowly pull the Left stick from the housing.
It will come out easily and can be put back in, Do not force it to pull or pushing.
If you are able to scrape that skirt do it only to LB cube side, you just need to scrape about 2 milimeters ( just get it enough to not touch the cubic part)
You will need to start scraping from the point that is bumping, then around that part, so when you turn your stick clockwise or counter clockwise you wont get it bumping again.

Dude would you make a video about this, It would be awesome 

dnakatomi83

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 01-July-20, 09:08:04 »

No offence but you pay for a controller to work and last at least 1 year + not 3 months to have to strip and mod it to make it work I have just sent back the wired GC20 because the left stick wasn't working when pushing the up direction so in Rise of the Tomb Raider she wasn't running properly and he legs were like stuttering also in GTA5 online same thing start stop walking style. I have the GC30 Wireless got it today if in 2 weeks it does the same thing I'll be sending it back and then just have to pay for the xbox one controller instead

fatedust

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #11 on: 02-July-20, 00:35:09 »

Looks like the same issue with this one: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=330491.0
Maybe you could try cleaning the inside of your controller with compressed air and alcohol like others in the thread said.

mcthompson00

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 07-July-20, 10:32:47 »

I'm having a very similar issue with my GC20.  The left analog stick gives erratic inputs when I just hold the stick in one direction.  I noticed this behavior as characters in games would not move forward when I was holding the stick up.  I verified the inputs using Steam big picture mode > calibrate the controller to visualize the analog stick inputs and sure enough, the input from holding a direction was jittering all over the place.  This controller is around 6 months old and has barely been used.  It seems like MSI has some serious issues with the quality of their joysticks sourced for these controllers because this is apparently a widespread issue.

mcthompson00

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 07-July-20, 11:11:42 »

Steps are simple:
Taking apart;

Main part;

Hold the Board carefully, hold the top of your Left Stick (From the round plate looking part),  slowly pull the Left stick from the housing.

So I was gonna go through the warranty process and return this one, but from how many people were posting about the issue I didn't have much faith that the replacement would be any better.  So I just finished opening it up according to these instructions, found the part of the left stick cup (kinda like the skirt of the left stick) that was rubbing against the left bumper button.  I really didn't believe this would be enough to give me the erratic inputs I was seeing but since the controller was unusable already, I figured it couldn't get any worse than it already was.  I marked the spot and took a pair of side cutters.  I cut 2 cuts on either side of where it was rubbing and just bent that tab up, breaking it off.  Now the skirt can travel the full 360 degrees without touching anything.  

And sure enough, my erratic input has completely stopped.

I still agree with people who are upset, you don't spend money on a controller just to open it up and butcher it juts a couple months later.  Hopefully MSI can fix their designs for the people who will use the warranty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up