Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x570 meg unify + r 7 3700x: my boost-fu fails me  (Read 198 times)

s.s.c.hTopic starter

• CORPORAL
x570 meg unify + r 7 3700x: my boost-fu fails me
« on: 06-January-20, 12:02:21 »

i run a ryzen 7 3700x on a meg unify x570 mainbaord. the bios version is 7C35vA2, os is windows 10 pro 1909

i am a bit underwhelmed with the speeds my processor shows, so i tried to increase the performance by messing around with my bios to increase the boost rates. i do not want to do a fixed clock oc.

i did try the following settings:

precission boost overdrive: advanced:
         PBO limits "mainboard",
         scalar control: "10X"
         Max cpu boost clock overdrive: "200mhz"

cTDP Limits: "300W" (the help text reads that it is to limit maxium tdp, so i doubt it would do anything at all)

package power limit: "300W"

however, these changes did not seem to have any measurable impact on my computers performance.

if i run prime95 16 threads "small ffts"  for a couple of minutes, taskmanager will show a clockspeed of 3,95 ghz. hwinfo will show a cpu themp of up to 90°c
if i run prime95 1 thread "small ffts", for a couple of minutes, taskmanager will show a clockspeed of 4,05-4,09 ghz. hwinfo will show cpu temp of up to 85°c
note that i use the taskmanager to get the clockspeeds as the free version of hwmonitor has a very low sample rate.

if i bench my cpu using cpu-z, i will get ~530 sincle thread, ~5500 multi thread.

there is very little if any difference to what i get with stock settings, cpuz will give me ~527 ~5480, the clockrates running prime would not change by the bios changes as far as i could tell.

so... do i miss something or is it the processors TDP of 65W that acts as a hard road block for higher boost speeds? are there settings i could change that would improve my situation?

my tools to test this probably are suboptimal too. hwmonitor has a very low sample rate. so i also would be grateful for hints for what programs to use to do my tests.

any advise would be welcome ♥
Pages: [1]   Go Up