Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI MPG X570 Gaming PRO Carbon WiFi extremely long boot time to login  (Read 497 times)

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

I have issues with boot time with this new PC build. It takes about 1 min to boot completely to Windows 10 login screen but after it boots into login, every thing is working fast.

When starting the computer from shutdown, the MSI splash screen would post followed by windows loading circle and after 5 seconds or so, my monitor which is connected to my GPU display port turns off along with my USB Corsair mouse RGB and that would stay off for around 1 minute and then my monitor and mouse RGB turns back on and boots into Windows 10 instantly at login. Please also take note, my mobo and cpu fan lights and all still running just fine while the monitor and connected mouse goes out. 

I don't know what's causing the long boot time after the MSI splash screen. I have tried setting the boot to UEFI and updated to bios to 7B93v15 which was released on 2019-11-07 and says it was supposed to improve system boot up time and PCI-E device compatibility. I also tried to turn off "Turn on Fast Startup" option in Windows 10. I even installed Samsung NVME driver but I'm still having the long boot time. Restarting the computer and starting it back up would still take about 1 min to boot so it doesn't matter if I start the pc from shutdown or restart, it would take the same time to boot into login.

I have MSI MPG X570 Gaming PRO Carbon WiFi Motherboard and Windows 10 Home installed on my Samsung 970 Evo 500gb NVME SSD which is installed on the m.2 slot closests to the graphic card slot. I also have a Zotac Mini 2070 installed.

Mobo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming PRO Carbon WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x with stock Wraith Cooler with RGB
GPU: Zotac 2070 mini
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
PSU: EVGA 750 watt 80+ Gold
HDD: 1 x Seagate 4gb Barracuda and 1 x Western Digital Red 4gb both are connected to Sata 3 on mobo
Wifi: Mobo's Intel wifi enabled after installing drivers

Do I have a defective board or is this a common problem? Any solutions? 

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

Have you tried a new clean OS installation in UEFI Mode?
(and make sure to use latest Win10 release and installation disk)

Chike

• GENERAL

How exatcly you connect 2 drive to a single sata port?
And I don't think they make 4gb hard drives since last century 90s
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K R2.0 BIOS ver. 0903 2/26/2016
CPU: i5-4670k
Cooler: CNPS10x Performa
Memory: F3-2400C11D-16GXM
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 FTW ACX 2.0
SSD: 1. Samsung PM981 512GB, 2.  SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
HDD: WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0
PSU: Antec 500W VP500PC
OS: Windows 10 Home 1903 64-bit / Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Case: Compucase 6C60

mmelnicoffs

• CORPORAL
  • TechyMike

Noticed that you have 2 drives that are 4TB. I had 1 single 4 TB drive and my system was also booting slow, found that the drive needed at least 4 partitions then after that the system boots in seconds.

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

How exatcly you connect 2 drive to a single sata port?
And I don't think they make 4gb hard drives since last century 90s
Ah, sorry, I meant TB not GB.

Each drive have their own sata cable connected to a separate Sata port on the mobo.

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Noticed that you have 2 drives that are 4TB. I had 1 single 4 TB drive and my system was also booting slow, found that the drive needed at least 4 partitions then after that the system boots in seconds.

Can you elaborate what those 4 partitions are? I installed Windows 10 on my Samsung Evo 970 NVME.

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Have you tried a new clean OS installation in UEFI Mode?
(and make sure to use latest Win10 release and installation disk)
I haven't tried that but would it really matter if I wiped the drive clean and reinstall Windows 10 in UEFI mode?

Chike

• GENERAL

Ah, sorry, I meant TB not GB.

Each drive have their own sata cable connected to a separate Sata port on the mobo.
What ports are they connected to?

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

What ports are they connected to?
See screenshot on where the NVME with windows 10 installed is connected to as well as my two HDD's. NVME is connected to the dedicated m.2 slot where there's a heatsink for it. The two HDD drives are connected to the side of the mobo where there's sata ports as shown in the screenshot link below.

https://gyazo.com/3485e5f05374ca601d0dc63559381d6d

Chike

• GENERAL

See screenshot on where the NVME with windows 10 installed is connected to as well as my two HDD's. NVME is connected to the dedicated m.2 slot where there's a heatsink for it. The two HDD drives are connected to the side of the mobo where there's sata ports as shown in the screenshot link below.

https://gyazo.com/3485e5f05374ca601d0dc63559381d6d
The ssds are connected to ports 5 & 6 which are controlled by asmedia controller, try them on ports 1-4

mmelnicoffs

• CORPORAL
  • TechyMike

The partitions are just a means to separate the storage on the 4 TB drive dividing them up in segments as the drive looks like 4 separate drives. Once I had separated the drive in partitions the system was sped up drastically. You can just as easily unplug the drive and try it that was so your system will not even see the drive this will show you if that is a problem. I was booting off the NVME on my MB as well.

jdwicked88Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Ok, I tried experimenting with changing the display port to HDMI. Apparently, the Display port cable is causing the long boot time after PC posts. What happen is the monitor turns off for 1 min after the post. Then after 1 min, it turns back on, and the boot proceeds to windows 10 login. Since I switched to HDMI cable, my boot was 10 seconds. I don't know if my display cable is bad or my hardware doesn't support the display port option. My monitor doesn't have a display port but my GPU has 3. I tried one of those display port to HDMI cable and yield such boot issue. I'll stick with HDMI and DVI for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up