Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G.Skill Trident Z Neo ISSUE on Dragon Center and Mystic Light  (Read 257 times)

yosh.garcia27Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi!

For reference, here are the specs that you might need to know on my build:

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb 3200mhz
Corsair H100i Pro

NOTE: I uninstall files fresh with no residual files left from the other software (clean the folders, appdata, registry, etc).
NOTE: Installing Dragon Center and Mystic Lights alone, no other RGB controller software were installed yet.
NOTE: I read a lot of subs, articles, and forums about this matter. So don't go telling me to read before you post.

NOTE: I know the prevailing issue of the software, hence why I wanted to post it more to have an update about this

I'm configuring RGB on my new rig. Trying to make all RGB in a static motion and one color only. Without installing anything just a stand alone Mystic Lights 3, my RAM and MOBO was detected on a fresh install but no detection on my GPU. I tried the software and it works... at first. Right after I rebooted, opening Mystic Light 3 the RAM was not detected and the the colors and motion of the MOBO went to rainbow again. 

And then I opted to Dragon Center (there are two version of this, one is the regular and the other is the newer version which supports RTX 20 series). I tried both, the new thing here is that my GPU is being detected. Same process, on a fresh install my RAM, MOBO, and GPU are detected but right after rebooting, opening Dragon Center's Mystic Light, same issue happened; RAM was not detected but both MOBO and GPU are detected.

In my frustration, I tried every Mystic Light software on this site: https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/downloadStill the same results.

Now I uninstalled the MSI Softwares and installed the G.Skill Trident Z software, the RAM was detected and I can freely change the color and motion. After that, I tried installing Dragon Center (the new version) again hoping that I can control my MOBO and GPU RGB on DC and my RAM RGB on G.Skill Software. The outcome? DRAGON CENTER/MYSTIC LIGHTS OVERWRITES OTHER RGB CONTROLER SOFTWARE (this is even when the option of turning off the overwrite 3rd party software on DC).

All I want is to control this freaking RGB's and have them behave as I want to. But MSI won't let me do it. Kindly give me some advice/pointers on what to do here.

Can either be:
Control everything on Dragon Center/Mystic Lights

or

Control GPU and MOBO on DC/ML and RAM on G.Skill Software.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm desperate since this issue kept me all night and still no improvement whatsoever.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

check it with msi tech here
>>How to contact MSI.<<
appear to be some compatibility issue

yosh.garcia27Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: G.Skill Trident Z Neo ISSUE on Dragon Center and Mystic Light
« Reply #2 on: 04-February-20, 19:59:35 »

[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]Sorry for not getting back at you all. Anyways I did a work around to make this shitty software "work".[/font][/color]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]I have other software for LED control besides Mystic Light like iCue (for CPU Cooler LED) and Logitech Gaming (Mouse, Keyboard and Headset).[/font][/color]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]I installed my Mystic Light on my partition (drive W for me) and not on my Drive C (OS drive). Good thing about this is that my RAM does not disappear anymore from Mystic Lights options but the shitty part of this is that I have to select the color/scheme of my LED everytime I turn on my PC. My work around is to set-up Mystic Light to startup when PC turns on, in that way I only have to click it and exit right after.[/font][/color]
[font="Noto Sans", Arial, sans-serif]But yeah, Mystic Light is shitty as ever and will not get an MSI MOBO and GPU the next time I build. Useless software and support.[/font][/color]
Pages: [1]   Go Up