Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B450M Bazooka - USB 3.1 CPU ports = Bad / Chipset ports = Good?  (Read 175 times)

Bill E. DeckerTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my new HDD Docking Station / USB 3.0 Hub (this one) working with my B450M Bazooka in Windows 10. The docking Station part seems to work, it's the USB Hub part that's been the problem. Any USB 3.0 stick I've been trying with it has resulted in them frequently disconnecting and reconnecting., occasionally in an incessant loop. This was all happening with the Hub connected to one of the four CPU USB 3.1 ports on the back panel (I've tried them all).

I tried the standard fixes I've read about: disabling the relevant Power Saving settings in Device Manager, disabling USB selective suspend, I read someone say to disable Legacy USB in the BIOS - no success.

However, in the past few hours I tried for the first time using one of the two chipset USB 3.1 ports at the front of my case, and so far this seems to be working. Using the front ports isn't really workable for my needs, but at least now I can conclude that the issue probably isn't  with the Hub. This is the second different Hub I've tried, with the same results.

Can anyone shed any light on why the CPU USB ports can act so different from the chipset ports? Does anyone know of any fix for this?
Motherboard: MSI B450M Bazooka  /  BIOS: 7A38vHD
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  /  Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970 4GB OC Edition
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU: 750W XFX Pro Black Edition 80+ Gold  /  12V: 62A

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

try another USB device in those ports.

such compatibility USB issue often happens
what bios version board is using?

Bill E. DeckerTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Other devices work fine in these ports, it's just USB hubs they seem to have a problem with.

The BIOS version is in my sig, it's the latest one.
Motherboard: MSI B450M Bazooka  /  BIOS: 7A38vHD
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  /  Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970 4GB OC Edition
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU: 750W XFX Pro Black Edition 80+ Gold  /  12V: 62A
Pages: [1]   Go Up