Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete MEG ACE Mainboard Specifications?  (Read 318 times)

Phil GarTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Complete MEG ACE Mainboard Specifications?
« on: 18-January-20, 01:34:22 »

Hello.

I need to know the exact fan header specifications, among other things.  Is there downloadable or posted information regarding mainboard specifications?  In this case, I need to know how many fans I can put on a splitter cable, such as 2 or 3, depending on the specific header and fans.

TIA

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
Re: Complete MEG ACE Mainboard Specifications?
« Reply #1 on: 18-January-20, 09:00:56 »

Hi

Such info isn't available.
But all CPU and Sys Fan headers are rated for up to 1.0A, and PUMP header up to 2.0A.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

Phil GarTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 25-February-20, 00:53:29 »

TY for the reply.  Yeah, that's the general consensus.  But, no biggie.  I am not going to do more that 2 on any header, anyway.  Currently, I have 2 Antec Prism Matrix on 2 separate fan headers.  It does seem they are drawing too much, as they are running slower that the other 3 fans of the same ratings.  Ah, well.

jamie.marsala

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 25-February-20, 07:32:54 »

I have two headers with 2 140mm fans on them, total 4 fans between the two.  I have no issues.  I run them this way because they are on my AIO in a push/pull so I wanted each pair to be the same speed. 
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
 AMD Ryzen 3900x
EVGA CLC 280 AIO
 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3600 @3800
 MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC BV

Phil GarTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 25-February-20, 22:02:21 »

Were you actually trying to help?  You _saying_ you have no issues, and there being none, are two different things.  Are you also implying that because you say _you_ have no issues, I do not.  When  I am running the same rated fans, at the same profile, all on SYS headers, and the 2 / 2 on the same header are 300RPM less, obviously, I have an issue with said.  I know for a fact that fan specifications make a difference in their operation regarding putting more than 1 on a header.  And in some cases, can even shut a system down, and that can happen with only 1 fan.  Helpful posts only, please.

BTW, you even imply you were worried about the same thing.  That is why, "I run them this way because they are on my AIO in a push/pull so I wanted each pair to be the same speed."

Also, depending, running the push/pull on an AIO, ideally, you would want the pull fans to be stronger.

Chike

• GENERAL
« Reply #5 on: 25-February-20, 22:23:39 »

Get a molex with pwm adapter.
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K R2.0 BIOS ver. 0903 2/26/2016
CPU: i5-4670k
Cooler: CNPS10x Performa
Memory: F3-2400C11D-16GXM
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 FTW ACX 2.0
SSD: 1. Samsung PM981 512GB, 2.  SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
HDD: WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0
PSU: Antec 500W VP500PC
OS: Windows 10 Home 1903 64-bit / Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Case: Compucase 6C60

Phil GarTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 25-February-20, 23:05:26 »

If you were replying to me, TY for the suggestion.  But why... molex?  In my case, I needed info I did not have until after I installed the Antec Cooler Matrix.  All my fans are rated, 500, 1000, 1800, as are the fans on the Matrix.  As I mentioned, I now know the fans on the Matrix run about 300RPM slower than the other fans that are 1 on 1 SYS headers.  I am still shopping for A/RBG fans.  So, I will try to find quality fans that run 500, 1000, 1500.  If there are none, then I will just buy quality A/RGB 500, 1000, 1800 fans, (or close), and adjust the last setting in the BIOS and software profile to 1500RPM.

My original post was to avoid the nonsense, to begin with.  But, I never did find exact specifications for the mainboard headers.  I am sure it is out there, somewhere, though.  :-)

Chike

• GENERAL
« Reply #7 on: 25-February-20, 23:38:55 »

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=148510.msg1104390#msg1104390
Should be enough for the fans.

With molex you are free of power rating worries.

My guess antec know what they are doing and not sell a product that would fit a specific motherboard model or manufacturer.
I don't understand what 500/1000/1800 mean exactly.
The fans won't spin at 1800 at all or just spin 300 less compared to other fans with same settings?
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K R2.0 BIOS ver. 0903 2/26/2016
CPU: i5-4670k
Cooler: CNPS10x Performa
Memory: F3-2400C11D-16GXM
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 FTW ACX 2.0
SSD: 1. Samsung PM981 512GB, 2.  SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
HDD: WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0
PSU: Antec 500W VP500PC
OS: Windows 10 Home 1903 64-bit / Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Case: Compucase 6C60

jamie.marsala

• SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 26-February-20, 07:50:39 »

Were you actually trying to help?  You _saying_ you have no issues, and there being none, are two different things.  Are you also implying that because you say _you_ have no issues, I do not.  When  I am running the same rated fans, at the same profile, all on SYS headers, and the 2 / 2 on the same header are 300RPM less, obviously, I have an issue with said.  I know for a fact that fan specifications make a difference in their operation regarding putting more than 1 on a header.  And in some cases, can even shut a system down, and that can happen with only 1 fan.  Helpful posts only, please.

BTW, you even imply you were worried about the same thing.  That is why, "I run them this way because they are on my AIO in a push/pull so I wanted each pair to be the same speed."

Also, depending, running the push/pull on an AIO, ideally, you would want the pull fans to be stronger.

No need to be an :censored: about it.  I was saying I have my fans running as you said you had yours and I had no issues with speed or re-booting or anything else.  I have the pull fans running faster because they are faster fans, 2400 RPM compare to the push of 1350 RPM.  They all run at their rated speeds when at 100% power.  So mine work fine and your apparently do not.  As no one knows the specs f the fan headers, except MSI, then I gave you an example of mine working. 
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
 AMD Ryzen 3900x
EVGA CLC 280 AIO
 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3600 @3800
 MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC BV
Pages: [1]   Go Up