Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with overclocking FM2-A85XA-G65 with AMD A10-5800K APU  (Read 163 times)

frodobagginsTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I am new to overclocking but want to learn how on this older PC I have. I have read of others with the same motherboard/APU combo who have overclocked 4.5 - 5.0 GHz. I, however, have not been able to overclock very high with mine and haven't been able to figure out why.

So far I've been able to overclock to 4.3 GHz by only raising the multiplier. If I raise it any higher, the PC will still boot but Prime95 will encounter hardware errors. I also tried raising the BCLK, but didn't get very far with it either. If I raise it to 106 or higher, the PC will go into "Repairing Windows" mode, but I also found that at 101 or higher, Prime95 shows hardware errors.

I read that raising the CPU Vcore voltage can help improve stability at higher overclocks, so I raised it to 1.475 V, which I read is a reasonable and safe 24/7 voltage (please let me know if this is not correct). However, this appeared to do nothing for stability. I was not able to raise either the multiplier or the BCLK any further even with the increased voltage.

If anybody has any suggestions as to which other settings I should try adjusting, please let me know!

For the time being, I've set all of the voltages in my BIOS back to Auto, but left the multiplier at 43x.
Board: FM2-A85XA-G65
BIOS: E7793AMS V2.6
VGA: Integrated Radeon™ HD 7660D
PSU: Corsair CX430M PSU (32A 12v rail)
CPU: AMD A10-5800K APU
MEM: 2x8GB, 2400MHz G.Skill Ares F3-2400C11D-16GAB
HDD/SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB SSD
COOLER: Noctua NH-D15
Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Skyline
Mouse: Logitech G9X, USB
OC: Multiplier at 43x
Pages: [1]   Go Up