Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B450M Mortar MAX: Did I just brick it during a BIOS update?  (Read 138 times)

derlenntTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hey guys,

So I just tried to do a BIOS update from 2.50 to 2.60 via M-Flash. The system recognized both the USB stick as well as the BIOS file and started the upgrade process without any issues.
I left the room for half an hour. When I came back, the screen was black, but the PC was still running. It didn't react to any key presses. I left it running for another 20 minutes or so, then shut it down forcefully, because what else was I gonna do.
Since then, the system doesn't boot anymore. When I turn it on, the fans start turning, but other than that, nothing happens. No beeps, no screen output. Looking at the EZ-debug-LEDs, the CPU light glows permanently.
I tried to reset the CMOS, to no avail.
I also tried to flash the BIOS a second time, this time via the flash button. The flash LED blinks twice, then glows permanently.

Is there anything I can do to save my system?

LBJistherealchamp

• MAJOR

Hi,

Make sure you have inserted the USB drive into the correct USB port and followed the steps shown in the attached picture to flash the BIOS.

Have you tried using another USB drive?

derlenntTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I did everything according to the instructions you linked.

I've tried three different USB drives, one of which had proven to work fine during a past BIOS update.

LBJistherealchamp

• MAJOR

I did everything according to the instructions you linked. I've tried three different USB drives, one of which had proven to work fine during a past BIOS update.

So problem solved?

The system can POST properly and get into the Win 10 now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up