Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: True (64-bit) Drivers NEEDED for 64bit OS's  (Read 2219 times)

VR-Programmer

True (64-bit) Drivers NEEDED for 64bit OS's
« on: 17-November-03, 22:00:30 »

Hello, All

I sure like to see some full 64-bit drivers for us using with 64-bit OS, for the VT8237 that would utilize all area's of Chipset Support.  Audio "VIA Vinyl™ Audio 5.1 surround sound (AC'97)",AGP,Network"VIA Gigabit Ethernet companion controller",SATA"Dual Channel Serial ATA supports 2 SATA devices",PATA,V-RAID,USB seem we should all have access to beta driver,s atleast for our MS-9130 while running 64-bit OS.
 :wall:

I'm a Developer and got the motherboard for using new Visual Studio Whidbey to create 32/64 bit appz but this motherboard doesn't even have proper 64 bit driver as of yet MSI CD all 32bit driver errors when run on 64bit OS.

The VIA K8T800 chipset with Hyper8 technology is powering next generation 64-bit compatible platforms based around AMD Opteron™.  Seem just that sales pitch VIA uses would say they need to get the ball rolling and make 64-bit driver only found one Beta driver should have Beta's at least of all. Beta AGP driver, optimized for Dual Operton performance with the K8T800 chipset  http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/AGP/Vagpm442.zip

Opteron OS's

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition For 64-bit Extended Systems (English)
 Windows XP 64-Bit Edition For 64-bit Extended Systems - Checked/Debug (English)
 Prerelease: Windows Server 2003 Customer Support and Diagnostics (English)
 Prerelease: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition For 64-Bit Extended Systems - Checked/Debug (English)
 Prerelease: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition For 64-Bit Extended Systems (English)
 Prerelease: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 Driver Development Kit (English)
 Prerelease: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition For 64-Bit Extended Systems (English)
 Windows Longhorn Client Preview - 64-Bit Extended (English)
 Windows Longhorn Client Preview - 64-Bit Extended Checked/Debug (English)

I'm still VERY happy with the motherboard, and I know MSI doesn't make the drivers but with pressure from MSI they can get the Chipset 64-bit driver out faster.

Alway refer to the golden rule KEEP your customers happy  :help:

VR-Programmer
Pages: [1]   Go Up