Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High temperature on GF65 Thin 9SEXR RTX2060  (Read 414 times)

bj.hamdiTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
High temperature on GF65 Thin 9SEXR RTX2060
« on: 09-May-20, 18:59:19 »

Hello,

I recently bought the GF65 Thin 9SEXR notebook. I remarked that the temperature of is the GPU in idle is around 43 and while gaming is around 89 ( the fan is pretty loud ).

Is this normal ?

Thanks.

stevencooper929

• CORPORAL
Re: High temperature on GF65 Thin 9SEXR RTX2060
« Reply #1 on: 20-May-20, 22:31:33 »

Hey,

I just got this laptop as well same as you, I have noticed on certain higher end games it does heat up a bit. I think our best bet is to make sure when we're gaming, to try to have the bottom vents free to cool the system off. I am going to be getting a laptop stand with the bottom open to help facilitate that.

aas12g

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 03-June-20, 05:54:22 »

I'm having similar problems as well, and after a bit of browsing through the forums, it seems that several people are experiencing massive spikes in temperature with regard to their CPU and GPU. Has anyone found any solutions yet?

stevencooper929

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 03-June-20, 08:28:21 »

In my other topic I made regarding this, I actually found out that the laptops are meant to be able to get that warm without it hurting the laptop. No need to worry!

jack

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 29-June-20, 22:09:04 »

游戏本身就是消耗配置和电源的。电脑高效工作,产生的温度就比较高。所以很多游戏爱好者都会为自己电脑配备散热性能高的散热系统。

FresHMeaT_0207

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 01-July-20, 12:11:41 »

I own a GF65 Thin 9SE, same specs as yours.
89c GPU? that is completely bad, mine always maxes out at 86c and for a second goes 87c and then thermal throttles to 86c till the end of the gaming session.
How about your CPU? is it somewhere around 90c+ to 99c during gaming?
What games do you play on what settings?
Which throttling do you see in XTU application?
Are you using the COOLERBOOST? Have you noticed difference with/without it? (fps/cpu+gpu temps)

Gentlemen, I would recommend:
- Not messing around with windows update(Force stopping it during download/installation).
- Power options --> Advanced power settings and then set the "Processor Power Management" to 98% at the cost of performance in order to reduce throttling.
- Using the XTU application, -0.145 V undervolt looks like the sweet spot. However, another user set it to -0.125 V and it helped him a lot.
- Take a closer look, during gaming, (Use MSI Afterburner) when do you see the LIM - POWER or TEMPERATURE throttling? My case goes: GPU at 86c = LIM Temperature and LIM Power  before it reaches 86c.
- Using MSI Afterburner, i undervolted the GPU using the graph(press CTRL + F to access it) and set a STRAIGHT line at 1200mhz  and made a profile to be used at not demanding games, and set a STRAIGHT line at 1400mhz profile to be used at demanding games(I assume this means its overclocked.) This method helped me removing LIM Power that shows in the MSI Afterburner during gaming and the "Power Limit Throttling" that shows in XTU. However, Current/EDP limit throttling still shows(Any suggestions? i still couldn't figure it out).

Since we own similar laptops, does anyone have an idea what is the difference caused by the letters? (ex: 9SE , 9SEXR , etc) I assume its a regional "thing".
Does anyone have any suggestions that helped him overcome difficulties in these laptops?
Pages: [1]   Go Up