Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First boot from barebone MSI Cubi N 8GL to install Windows  (Read 369 times)

ronnidcTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I just bought a barebone Cubi N 8GL-002BEU-BN5000XX without RAM, disk, or OS. 

• I have installed Crucial DDR4 PC2400 8GB CL17 SO-DIMM RAM and a Corsair SSD Force MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe harddisk. 
  • I used this tool from Microsoft to create a bootable USB drive. (microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10)
  • I connected the MSI Cubi to my screen with a HDMI cable and a USB keyboard + mouse.  

When I turn on the pc nothing happens on the screen and after a couple of seconds the screen times out and goes to sleep. 

How do I make it boot from the USB disk containing the Windows installation files? 

I have tried to acces BIOS by pressing F11 when turning the device on - without any luck. 
I have tried to remove the internal SSD disk trying to force it to boot from usb - without any luck. 
I have tried to connect another bootable USB disk created with this tool http://rufus.ie/en_IE.html - without any luck. 

What am I doing wrong?

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

What CPU you have installed?

Crucial DDR4 PC2400 8GB CL17 SO-DIMM 

What is the exact part model?

bar2ian

• SECOND LIEUTENANT

Please use Microsoft utility-Create Windows 10 installation media for creating USB installation disk first and then use it for reinstalling windows 10 OS.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

I think his issue that computer unable to boot, (he got nothing on the screen)
and not that he can't install OS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up