Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GS63 Stealth 060 not booting past bios  (Read 138 times)

harmon.schlueterTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI GS63 Stealth 060 not booting past bios
« on: 29-May-20, 16:55:31 »

I recently had my HDD hard drive fail and decided to upgrade my SSD instead of buying a new hard drive. I opened up my laptop and replaced the 256GB ssd with a Samsung 970 Evo 1tb and put everything back together. It boots up to the aptio utility bios as expected as it has no way to boot into windows so I partitioned a usb flash drive and downloaded windows 10 64-bit onto it. When I plug it into the laptop give it a restart and attempt to have it boot into windows after swapping the boot priority it simply takes me back into the bios. I have tried repeatedly pressing f11 to get into the boot manager and selected the partitioned usb but yet again it goes black and takes me back to the bios. I have it set to the UEFI boot mode and have tried it with legacy boot mode as well. I have attempted disabling fast boot and have made sure the usb was selected under usb hdd bbs priorities on the boot page of the bios. I am stuck. What I am attempting to do is to download windows 10 software onto my ssd by booting it through the usb. I’m not the best with laptops but I will attempt to give as much info as possible. Also I left the hdd in my laptop as I saw no use in just removing it. I made sure the ssd was compatible with my motherboard and sure enough it works with the multi compatible m.2 slot on my motherboard.

Any help is appreciated. I don’t know if I need drivers on the usb to make it run or what I need.

- Much thanks, Harmon S.

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI GS63 Stealth 060 not booting past bios
« Reply #1 on: 29-May-20, 18:35:30 »

Update: I updated the usb flash drive to have two partitions a fat32 and a exfat each of these partitions have the install media copied minus the greater than 4 gig install.wim file on the fat32 partition. After doing so my msi computer now goes to the msi loading screen on load up and is in a constant state of loading. It could just be taking a while to move stuff around but I will keep my forum post updated. No freezes no shut offs just a constant white loading circle.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 30-May-20, 15:01:03 »

Update 2: I reformatted the usb flash drive and my computer will now boot after pressing f11 and selecting the usb it boots to the windows loading screen. But it gets stuck indefinitely. I’m started to wonder if my problem is my memory going bad not the hard drive.

RaiderGamer

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #3 on: 30-May-20, 20:12:31 »

maybe changing the sata or AHCI setings in bios might help

also ec reset

if windows reinstall onto the old drive then its the new drive thats the problem obviously

otherwise pull one stick of ram out
Pages: [1]   Go Up