Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X470 GAMING PRO needs AGESA 1.0.0.5  (Read 170 times)

CheemsTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
X470 GAMING PRO needs AGESA 1.0.0.5
« on: 30-May-20, 16:36:35 »

Code: [Select]
Rollup of 1004a, ab, abb, abba patches into a single release
Fixed a PCIe® lane configuration issue on the AMD Ryzen™ 3 PRO 2100GE
Resolved an intermittent virtual memory error with Realtek onboard LAN
Improved POST with select Micron DDR4-3200 memory ICs
Optimized PCIe® firmware to improve stability and interoperability

The update for Ryzen 3000 AGESA lists these changes. Given how even with the 16MB BIOS there is still enough space
(previous BIOS versions prior to 7B79v1E have been larger too), besides this is MOSTLY a merge of previous updates.
I'd like to ask when AGESA 1.0.0.5 is being finally released in a "potential" 7B79v1F BIOS update?

Especially the issue with virtual memory errors with Realtek onboard LAN is preventing me from finally getting my Ryzen 3700X upgrade.

Should I switch manufacturer or will the standard X470 GAMING PRO 16MB still see version 1.0.0.5 within reasonable time frames?

Greetings,
Cheems

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
Re: X470 GAMING PRO needs AGESA 1.0.0.5
« Reply #1 on: 30-May-20, 17:31:23 »

No one here will have any idea when it will happen.
Contact MSI directly : >>How to contact MSI.<<

CheemsTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 31-May-20, 13:04:46 »

I had already feared that I will encounter only friendly free-time supporters here and no officials.
Thank you for the link, but I guess next time I pay more for 32MB BIOS from a rival competitior.
Fingers crossed 1.0.0.5 will still be released. I cannot have Realtek LAN to have any issues caused by old AGESA.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
« Reply #3 on: 31-May-20, 17:59:59 »

You're welcome to. 
We can look back at those competitors that also put out bad BIOS's that would brick AMD boards, causing you to HAVE to send it back to get repaired.

No vendor is perfect. And AMD is actually pretty freaking terrible with their AGESA/BIOS code. And we won't even get started on how their programmers make mistakes that even high school kid programmers don't make.....or how they don't know how to version their BIOS code either.....

In the end, you're welcome to do what you want. It's your money. But if you continue like that, you'll eventually stop buying from every vendor, because each vendor will eventually do something to :censored: you off. And most likely, it's not even the vendor, but the 'camp' you're buying hardware from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up