Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI prestige 15 UHD screen poor resolution  (Read 174 times)

kevincbest81Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI prestige 15 UHD screen poor resolution
« on: 26-June-20, 20:11:03 »

I just received my new Prestige 15 notebook.  The model with the higher end model with True Pixel UHD screen.  i'm not sure if i'm missing something but the resolution of the screen is quite poor. The reason i purchased this computer was mainly for lightroom work and video editing.  Watching any videos on this show a crazy amount of pixelation on darker subjects.  when the subject is bright it looks great.  But low light is very blocky and pixelated.  I've tried multiple sources, some streaming (4k videos on you-tube and amazon) and also downloaded videos. I know its not a bandwidth problem.  I've Adjusted all the monitor settings to the highest resolution with no luck so far.  The control panel nvidia doesn't allow me to adjust and settings except for 3D settings.  What am i missing!!  Or is this the way the screen looks?

Hopefully i can figure something out or it's going back to where i purchased it.

Help Please!!

Crazydonkey

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: MSI prestige 15 UHD screen poor resolution
« Reply #1 on: 14-July-20, 20:15:06 »

Could you share a photo of the problem?
Does the problem only occur while using a specific program? or the problem is also visible on the desktop.
Have you tried to use an external monitor? will the problem occur on the second screen?
What is your DPI setting?
Try to clean install the latest graphics driver with DDU tool.
Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630
Download: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

If the problem still remains, share your system info exported from Help Desk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up