Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How else to get VBIOS?  (Read 263 times)

peptobismalTopic starter

• CORPORAL
How else to get VBIOS?
« on: 29-June-20, 07:32:49 »

Ummm... I just bought a new MSI card... decided hey I am going to go see if there is a new BIOS for my card like I used to with the last card.

Then this crap? Having to fill out a long lengthy form to MAYBE get a reply from MSI? This is ridiculous... what other community forums are there to go get these? I don't want to go through and tell MSI EVERYTHING about the system I have when I just need one friggin' check for an updated BIOS.

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
Re: How else to get VBIOS?
« Reply #1 on: 29-June-20, 07:38:02 »

Use Dragon center integrated Live Update. Else you need to contact MSI: >>How to contact MSI.<<

We can't help as of now: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=340458.0

There is no other source to obtain official vbios files being sure to heck which one is correct.
MSI MEG X570 Godlike (MS-7C34) Bios 1.8
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Phobya Strike 280 Liquid CPU Cooler w. Cooler Master MasterFan MF140R fans
32GB (2 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x F4-3600C18-16GTZN) @ 1799.6 MHz (DDR4-3600) - Ratio 3:54, 1.35v
MSI GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
512GB Silicon Power P34A80 M.2 SSD + 1.92TB KINGSTON A400 SATA SSD
Antec High Current Pro 1000 Platinum-EC PSU • +12V:(4x40A) 83,33A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper Case (SGC-5000-KWN1)

peptobismalTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 29-June-20, 07:40:33 »

It's just ridiculous the amount of information that means nothing that they want... Windows version... MB BIOS... your mother's maiden name. They really need to shorten the hell out of this form, because if someone just wants one thing the other stuff does not matter. Sounds like information mining to me.

So apparently what you suggested is... a program that you cannot find ANY links to on the site. You literally have to Google it to get to the page... upon looking over it, I can see why... it seems like the biggest blatant spyware program I have ever seen and you expect me to believe that somehow this thing is going to upgrade my vBIOS?

https://www.msi.com/Landing/dragon-center-download

That looks like a Game Booster program... that just monitors your computer 24x7. This is how MSI is running things now? I am probably going to stop buying anything from this company from this point on as shutting down their community support in effort to push crap like that in an effort to data mine seems ridiculous.

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #3 on: 29-June-20, 08:36:53 »

For complaints about it just contact MSI: >>How to contact MSI.<<

Any post here is useless as no one works for MSI.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB (2 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x F4-3600C18-16GTZN) @ 1799.6 MHz (DDR4-3600) - Ratio 3:54, 1.35v
Antec High Current Pro 1000 Platinum-EC PSU • +12V:(4x40A) 83,33A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro

peptobismalTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 29-June-20, 10:05:01 »

Well, I guess let's see if they reply to "Doesn't Matter's" e-mail address after only giving them the necessary information about the GPU.

Thanks it's a shame that they are not letting the community handle these things anymore... seems it's one step in the wrong direction and towards dismantling the whole forum.

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #5 on: 29-June-20, 10:14:43 »

I do also not agree with MSI's decison about the vbios thing especially as I guess that we did a pretty good job in the past and helped many people coming here with vbios requests and issues. Unfortunately we can't do anything about it on the forum level. Maybe the decision will be changed when MSI realizes that many users ain't happy with it.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Windows 10 Pro

peptobismalTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #6 on: 29-June-20, 16:32:42 »

I hope so. I was so happy with my decision to purchase MSI after realizing they were one of the few that had a community forum that did legitimate work instead of outsourcing tech support that has to read a script and will give you a very generic solution to something even after you just told them that you already tried it... almost as if they were never listening to begin with.

Maybe this is a right to repair type thing? Or something... I don't really know, maybe legality, but as long as you guys were stating the proper disclaimers as you all seemed to do very well, easily spotting users that did not read the proper posts and telling them to read the material before you would help them.

I dunno, but I feel like the users that would mess something up wouldn't really be messing with vBIOS.

You guys did a great job at helping out users, truly... as a user who always buys GPUs second hand I appreciated this soooo much. Make a post and never had I seen it go more than a couple hours without a response with the vBIOS I needed...

I was like man going to those other sites with "genuine" vBIOS's is really sketch, so glad MSI has a community of knowledge at my disposal. Just a bummer that I bought this new card off eBay and was expecting to get that same quick and easy solution.

Oh well, hopefully you guys will get that power again as I am sure that the cards that MAY have gotten RMA'd after a vBIOS update, if properly done, were already failing or had failed.

Can't thank you guys enough! If I ever get a response from them I will gripe about this, believe me.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
« Reply #7 on: 29-June-20, 21:14:27 »

Yup. Trust me, all the mods feel the same about this. We all wish it was different. 

Best thing you can do is contact MSI and complain about it. And we highly suggest doing so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up