Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ms-6368 Ver:5  (Read 9001 times)

tweeje

Ms-6368 Ver:5
« on: 06-December-03, 22:34:50 »

:-((

Okay.. here goes......

I had this:
MS-6368 VER2.1: (not sure of bios level)
PIII  1000/256/133   (which I'm guessing is 1GHz, 256cache, FSB 133)
133MHz 128MB RAM

I had some problems with the PC starting to lock up a lot.... i went to reformat the HDD and install windows 2000 instead of Win ME.  So... there was a problem with the MOBO and instead of getting a whole new setup.. i just purchased another MS-6368 off the net so that it would be easy swap things out.

Well this is what I received:

MS-6368 VER5:   BIOS 6.0
Everything else is still the same except instead of having an external PCI ethernet card,the new board had the integrated ethernet.

NOW... the real problem...

Everything is setup right, jumpers are all correct.. only have Mouse, keyboard, monitor connected....  1 HDD. 1 Floppy.....  

Tries to do the bootup of the motherboard.. it displays the BOARD and BIOS version (for a millisecond), then the machine powers itself off..  

It has NOT displayed the processor information...

So, does this mean that  it cannot read the processor information correctly, or that maybe the process was supported on v2.1, but not on v5: of the motherboard?  

Bios is almost at latest level.. board is BRAND NEW... the only thing is that the Heatsink was dislodged off the top of the CPU thus the 'thermal' glue as messed up.

Somebody help me!

I need to get this working soon.

Thanks..

Travis

Assaf

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • HydroGen
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 07-December-03, 09:17:07 »

Are you saying you ran the system without a heatsink on the CPU ?
You might have killed the CPU if you did that.

Try installing the heatsink correctly with thermal paste and clear the CMOS before you try again.

tweeje

Powers itself off.........
« Reply #2 on: 08-December-03, 05:36:54 »

What I meant is that the Heatsink came loose from the CPU.   I put it back on, but I did not try to clean off the residue from the thermal glue, or put any more thermal glue on.  The heatsink/fan is fastened on, just without any fresh thermal glue.

Is it still possibel that the CPU is messed up?   How can I tell for sure...?

Thanks.

Travis

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 08-December-03, 07:32:51 »

well get some new grease and clean it all and try again
P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850

larrytoo

Re: Ms-6368 Ver:5
« Reply #4 on: 21-July-05, 18:43:35 »

HELP!

I have a MS 6368 V5 with, I think, a lan port (it has two back USB's and what looks like a network connector).  Want to use it with the Win 98SE OS.   Have a 7Gb hdd with win 98se from another machine.  Where can I find the drivers for this board for Win 98SE? 

I thought I found it a couple weeks ago in the drivers section, but garbled the download, now I can't find it!!!!  Where do I get it from???
Also need an IE 6 for Win 98SE.  Microsoft will only download the "installer" and this machine is not on a broadband hookup. 

Larry :wall:

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850
Pages: [1]   Go Up