Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use MSI K8T Neo LAN jack?  (Read 1782 times)

GrunbergTopic starter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • Grundage!
How to use MSI K8T Neo LAN jack?
« on: 17-December-03, 18:08:37 »

On my previous system, my cable modem was attached to a Zonet 10/100 Network card via Ethernet cable.

My MSI K8T Neo motherboard contains a LAN jack, and I would like to use this (and remove my network card). Don't ask why - just for convenience.

The last time I relocated the Ethernet cable to the motherboard, there was an icon in the system tray: two monitors with an X. A ToolTip read: "Network cable not attached". I wasn't able to set up a LAN connection to the motherboard.

How do I set up Windows XP to use the motherboard's LAN jack?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks! :-)

========================================
THE MEAT IN MY HOG:
- Antec 400W PS
- MSI K8T Neo FIS2R (BIOS v1.9)
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
- MONITOR: 19" Samsung 930B, 1280x1024 res
- HARD DRIVE (2): Maxtor 60GB 7200RPM Serial ATA
- CD DRIVE: Sony 52x32x52 DVD-ROM/CD-RW
- VIDEO: ATI Radeon 9600XT, 128MB AGP
- MEMORY: Corsair 1GB PC-3200 DDR
========================================

- Dave

Jocko

Ethernet connection
« Reply #1 on: 17-December-03, 20:35:53 »

Hi
Check and see what is in Network connections, any shown device driver shown, right click on it and at the bottom of the page their is a 'show icon in system tray' box make sure it is ticked, that is the 2 screens you mention..

If you used the companion CD it should have the ethernet driver, if you make sure this is loaded the connection should be automatic. If you are using a network open a home network from the menu at left side of network connections page. You will need to decide how the computer connects -through a modem on board, another computer, or a lan. just follow the directions. You may need to follow connection menu in IE6, inputting your details etc.
You can right click on the connection in Network Connections and set it as default, or repair. If you have a 56K type modem, you can check if it works from control panel - Modems- properties, diagnostics, query modem. - This will also show which port modem is on, you might need to query on a couple of ports to find the modem.

Bibihest

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • http://vivaldi.dk
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 18-December-03, 03:07:44 »

I think the "Network cable not attached" is ment for your old network card if that's still in your computer.
Look in your connection manager. There should be a new connection that you can put in yout systemtray again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up