Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 745 ultra - no boot - my bios is beeping high/low beeps  (Read 638 times)

solaris

745 ultra - no boot - my bios is beeping high/low beeps
« on: 21-December-03, 22:04:13 »

Today when I made some really minor changes in BIOS, saved, my computer started to behave oddly. After I switch it on the bios picture screen(not the BIOS menu) appears and the board is beeping high/low beeps endlessly. I have heard that this could be caused by a broken fan or by a fact that board is not able to receive the speed info from fan, btw.my fan is running at usual speed.

Thanks for any your help in advance! :o) Kamil
« Last Edit: 21-December-03, 22:05:54 by solaris »

Eindpeng

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 21-December-03, 22:24:24 »

Try to reset BIOS with the Jumper located on your Motherboard. That fixes most of the problems... :-P)

solaris

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 22-December-03, 11:50:09 »

yeah Eindpeng you are right and I already tried it right after the computer started to beep for the first time, but with no effect. I also tried to remove the CMOS battery for few minutes, no effect as well, hmmm...

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 22-December-03, 12:01:07 »

P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850

solaris

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 22-December-03, 12:19:17 »

thx Wonkanoby, already checked the beep codes as well, btw.there is the note about the fan I mentioned. but my fan is running ok at usual RPM and I didn't touch the processor from the moment it was installed(maybe 6 months ago). :wall:
Pages: [1]   Go Up