Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: post your BSOD's!  (Read 8193 times)

scottg26

post your BSOD's!
« on: 01-January-04, 17:38:55 »

ok these are my favourite BSOD's:

Windows XP SP1

first one: i had just installed mcafee virus scan 6 and updated it. i started a scan and a few seconds into it BANG! "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

second one last night.

had been playing Deus Ex (original) for a couple of hours.

i exited the game, and the sound is going like the music but only 250ms worth and repeating over and over, like old dos games on win95 when u accidentally pressed the windows key, lol

anyway the BSOD didn't actually say anything, just sat there on a blue screen for a couple of minutes and then restarted the PC. i checked the event log, nothing there..

I think thats it

joshr45

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 03-January-04, 01:56:45 »

if you read up on the windows errors that means that you have a bad driver or one is being corrupt while you are workin with your computer like if i try to overclock my processor to about 2260 it has that error so you should probly check into that if your getting that error without overclocking or anyother wierd things

joshr45

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 03-January-04, 01:58:32 »

i think my favorite would be the Red screen of death in Windows ME
i never seen it but my friend did or the BSOD that has no writing on it on XP

scottg26

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 03-January-04, 03:42:56 »

what on earth is a red screen of death?

scottg26

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 03-January-04, 04:41:49 »

Just got another one

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

any idea what THAT is about? maybe my ram (see signature) is actually not good? also about 20 minutes before that i got a message "explorer.exe has caused an error and needs to be closed..."

McGeyser

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 03-January-04, 06:53:25 »

Hey scottg26,

I was getting the Page Fault error when I tried to run my memory timings to fast without raising my Mem V. to higher than 2.6V. What are your timings and voltages set to?

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 03-January-04, 09:33:37 »
  • Best Answer

• I think you are low on power....as your TT PSU does only 18A @ 12V....
    Not very much for your rigg....

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #7 on: 03-January-04, 15:19:01 »

everything to do with memory and voltages are set to auto

this happened when i was viewing/deleteing lots of large video files very quickly, and i have never seen it before.

The TT only does 18? what would you recommend as a 12V amp?

atomicKIEV

(No subject)
    « Reply #8 on: 05-January-04, 16:30:37 »

hey,happy 2004.Okay listen. "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - means that fsb cpu overclocked and need more voltage or memory need more voltage cause they are also overclocked or need more voltage.It can be your memory doesnot support 1:1 with FSB speed .WHat is your memory speed?I know a lot of post codes in windows xp cause i overclocker.DOwnload prime 95.Run it i think it will be an error tell me it i know alot of post errors in this programmes so i will figure that out.You system is Unstable my friend that is my first thought and you need to fix it cause it will not fix it by itself.WHat is your memory speed?cpu fsb?vcore?voltage?memory setting like cl and etc... ?

atomicKIEV

(No subject)
    « Reply #9 on: 05-January-04, 16:33:02 »

If you dont know all this info to find out download as well CPU-Z and sisoftware2004 and tell me.Thanks.
    I am running stable 215 Mhz FSB430 1:1 with my mushkin memory pc3500 cl2,3-3-6 ;-) almost 3400 +

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #10 on: 06-January-04, 01:54:41 »
  • Best Answer

• Hi Scott,

Get an Enermax 465 and it should be fine.
    It's way cheaper then the TT too...but does do 33A@12V...
    Your vidcard is taking a lot on the 12V line, so I'm not supprised you have those problems.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #11 on: 06-January-04, 03:19:57 »

one note, im not overclocking, except using "Overdrive" on my video card.

Enermax 465 and cheaper than my TT 420?

damn i made a bad purchasing decision there o_0 :-((

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #12 on: 06-January-04, 05:30:11 »
  • Best Answer

• TT has a habit of overpricing stuff a lot.

Most of those "hype" brands do that....and mostly they don't perform better but rather worse.
    A TT costs here in Europe around € 140 and the Enermax just € 110, but the Enermax does a way better job.

Thrall

DDR400 unstable
    « Reply #13 on: 07-January-04, 08:07:23 »

Hi,

I have Athlon64 3000+ with two corsair 512 MB CMX3200C2 in DIMM 1 and 2. Powersuply is Antec True Blue 480 Watt. MSI K8T Neo.

I tried but couldnot finish the WindowsXP installation. Kept getting BSOD from time to time (including IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

Here is what I did to finally get windows to install. In BIOS, I set RAM speed to "Limit" and set the speed at 333. Bingo! It works. But these are DDR400. But setting them to "limit" --> "DDR400" doesnot work. But hey, I payed extra bucks for these memories, and a lot of people has it working.

Before I change them, I just want to know if I am doing something wrong, or should I gechange these memories. Here in Hamburg, I cannot seem to get hold of MSI recomended crucial or Hynix, etc. Options are infeneon CL3 or the even more expensive TwinX pro (the one with the LEDs).

Thanks!

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #14 on: 07-January-04, 08:33:16 »
  • Best Answer

• And another with Corsair problems....the number grows and grows and grows 8-))

Thrall

(No subject)
    « Reply #15 on: 07-January-04, 08:45:58 »

Yes yes!

The question is what to do? Probably try the TwinXpro. I think I can lay my hands on a pair of Kingston. Maybe these will work. I hate this guessing.

Funny that these corsairs work perfectly on P4. And they do seem to have a certain reputation. Maybe AMD is not going to win the CPU war after all.

Oops did I make some one angry?

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #16 on: 07-January-04, 08:50:34 »
  • Best Answer

• Corsair seem to critical for AMD systems....
    Even on the Corsair forum there are a lot of problems listed....
    And not only with the AMD64 but also the nForce boards...

I believe it has something to do with the voltage or SPD info they use...but that's just guessing....

I use allway's Infineon, never failed me....

Thrall

(No subject)
    « Reply #17 on: 07-January-04, 17:13:51 »

So does that mean, these 512 MBs with Infinion CL3 chips selling at 80 Euros will work??? And I bought the corsair cmx3200c2 512mb for 135 euros each. How could I have missed this. Less money and better performance. Ofcourse, thats why I bought an Athlon64 3000+ in the first place.

Thanks  :idea: ! I will try to get them changed back to infinions. How stupid could I have been?

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #18 on: 08-January-04, 03:50:50 »

according to this list http://www.pricespy.co.nz/search.php?search=enermax

which lists all computer shops in new zealand, the closest enermax i can get to 465 is $255 NZ. the TT was $140...

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #19 on: 11-January-04, 04:48:22 »

infinion 2x512 cl3 worked for me if youre interested,
    had a lot of problems with corsair and especially twinmos with higher freqs.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #20 on: 11-January-04, 16:17:40 »

Originally posted by TheChosn
    infinion 2x512 cl3 worked for me if youre interested,
    had a lot of problems with corsair and especially twinmos with higher freqs.

what sort of problems with twinmos?

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #21 on: 12-January-04, 06:47:53 »

Twinmos pc 3700 ram, should run @2.7V but dont run at any voltage at all.
    Bootup impossible. Luckily i coud return them since i work in a local comp store.
    Don't know from which chip manufacturer the chips are though.

Surfmac

(No subject)
    « Reply #22 on: 12-January-04, 09:33:14 »

Hey !

I changed from TwinMos CL2.5(2x512MB) PC3200 to Infineon CL3 (2x512MB) PC3200 today!
    Now my System run fine (checked with Prime95 and 3DMark03) ;)

Greez
    Mac

Thrall

Corsair working for me
    « Reply #23 on: 12-January-04, 12:07:14 »

Now my machine has been running for a couple of days. And it works.

This is what I did.

1) I went none the less, the very next day to the shop where I had bought the two cmx3200c2 modules, and they exchanged them with two new ones. Aparently the new ones belong to the same serial numbers (doesn't each module should have its own serial number?? well whatever...)

2) I cleared the bios through the jumpers, and then installed them in slot 1 and 3.

3) Set the timings to 2-3-3-6, set the dynamic overclocking to disabled, and rebooted. Worked.

4) Got the microsoft memory test to run for the entire night. NO ERRORS.

5) System from them on, running perfectly stable, no app hanging, games crashing, and I am kind of missing "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD  :lol_anim:

Now a few glitches, though they are probably related to the mobo. I tried yesterday to enable dynamic overclocking at "captain" level. The machine still runs stable, but here is what happens:

I have boot options as (a) Floppy, (b) DVD ROM, (c) HDD. Earlier the boot record seek at DVD(I mean the message) was for a nano second. Now it seeks for a full two seconds before going on to the HDD. Funny. I have tried disabling Dynamic Overcl. No change. Still the long seeking to boot from CD/DVD. I guess MSI expects us to clear CMOS data after any change in BIOS.

Now the big question - I read, for using 3 x 512 sticks of DDR400, I need to relax the timings. Thats pretty vague. Exactly what should be the timings. Is this bios update fixable, or am I stuck with a max of two memory mobo, till I buy a new mobo Did anyone happen to test this mobo with 3 x 512 DDR400 modules with agressive timings (CL2)?

BTW, when is this new bios coming. Wasn't it 14th. Thats day after tomrow.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #24 on: 13-January-04, 04:01:42 »

Originally posted by Surfmac
    Hey !

I changed from TwinMos CL2.5(2x512MB) PC3200 to Infineon CL3 (2x512MB) PC3200 today!
    Now my System run fine (checked with Prime95 and 3DMark03) ;)

Greez
    Mac

maybe i should change my twinmos CL 2.5 to CL 3 and see what happens.

what is the timings as they should be?

like 3-3-5- or something?

Thrall

(No subject)
    « Reply #25 on: 13-January-04, 04:14:11 »

Please try this once.

1) clear cmos data through the jumper.
    2) Put the modules in slot 1 and 3 (if you have two modules, that is).
    3) in bios, leave the ram speed as auto (DDR400) and change the timings to 2-3-3-6, or if your twinmos is certified as 2.5, try 2.5-3-3-6. keep the system performance to turbo.

This should work. Whenever I tried to change that to 2-3-3-5, my system became unstable.  But my system works pretty flawlessly for 2-3-3-6. I mean I have MS Windows. So as flawless as it gets.  :lol_anim:

I hope MSI releases the bios tomorow.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #26 on: 13-January-04, 05:27:56 »

2-3-3-6?

is that the order i would set them in the bios?

and currently everything is set to auto, and it is 400Mhz, cl 2.5

also set to "fast" not "turbo" atm

Thrall

(No subject)
    « Reply #27 on: 13-January-04, 06:18:35 »

As in the bios -

Set the DDR selection to auto. That is don't select "limit" and DDR400. It will detect you have DDR400 from the memory spd.

Then set the timings to as follows. I think the bios order is:
    2 - 3 - 6 - 3

I think I remember correctly. But CAS Latency - try it with 2. Then there are two more things that you can set as 2 onwards. Set them 3. And one, that you can only set 5 onwards. Set that 6. I just guess Turbo will give you a better performance. So I kept it at turbo.

Ohh... I forgot to mention in the last post. I have set the DDR voltage to 2.7. It is in the same section as "cool and quite" and "dynamic overclocking" etc. My DDRs come with heat sinks. Corsair cmx3200c2. So I guess thats ok. If yours come with heat sinks, you can try upping the voltage to 2.7. But it is advisable not to exceed 2.8. But what I would suggest is first try the speed settings. If things work, don't mess with the DDR voltage.

Hope your problem gets solved. If someone has paid more money for high speed RAM, then why run it at CL3? Atleast give this a try. If things doesn't work, you can always relax the speed settings.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #28 on: 13-January-04, 15:33:06 »

what is the default voltage?

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #29 on: 13-January-04, 16:11:09 »

i set it to

2.5 - 3 - 6 - 3

which showed no better stability in prime 95

then i tried

3-3-6-3

and i wouldn't post, it gave me nothing but a black screen. i had to clear the CMOS to get it going again.

Thrall

(No subject)
    « Reply #30 on: 14-January-04, 03:45:53 »

Did you tried setting the voltage to 2.7. Remember only do this if you have a heatsink on the memory modules. I don't know whether without heat sink modules can sustain the extra heat generated by increasing the voltage.

If it is possible, just change the RAMs to infinion or samsung or any of the MSI certified (crucial, hynix, etc.). I personally bought corsair, and as I said, after setting the speed and the voltage, they are working very stable. But I wouldnot recomend anyone to buy high speed RAMs for this cpu/mobo setup. Aparently Athlon64 cannot handle such high speed stably without tweaking. And as in some case, even with tweaking. I mean what's the point of buying more expensive high speed RAMs if you have to run them at slow speed.

I hope your problem gets solved. I know this is very frustrating.

avalon.one

(No subject)
    « Reply #31 on: 14-January-04, 03:51:07 »

You can use 2.7v as many modules are specified for either 2,5v +/- 0,1v or even 2.6v +/- 0,1v.

Corsair does not produce its own memory - they just pick up good chips.

For example they use winbond BH5 and CH5 chips.

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #32 on: 14-January-04, 06:30:05 »

@ scottg
    you have prime stability issues as well?
    does it really show errors or is just the cpu utilisation going down?

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #33 on: 14-January-04, 06:46:31 »

it always crashes when i run on "blend", always says something like "expected .5, got less than .4" or something or maybe got .5 and expected less than .4 i dunno. but it is always exactly the same, generally within 3-12 minutes of starting the test.

however sometimes after the error i tell it to do the torture test again straight away and it doesn't crash, but during the 3rd test the cpu utilization goes to about 5% and it doesn't do anything anymore it seems.

memtest86 says no errors

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #34 on: 14-January-04, 07:06:29 »

ok setting tras from auto (3) to 4, i now get a different error after 4 minutes

FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 7083859421626368, expected: 799183088787921

i havent seen that error before

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #35 on: 14-January-04, 07:33:12 »

have also done some additional testing with my infinion ram
    and  figured out that both modules work but only on their own and not together  :angryfire:.
    when  i stick just one in  everything works perfect,  if they are together the sys is rockstable @ 2.2 ghz but there's that stupid thing with the cpu utilisation in prime95.
    got your errors too when i was testing corsair non LL, LL was fine except for that small prime thingy. Gonna test that brand new twinmos 500Mhz next week i think.
    if that isnt working either i'll ask the msi support, hope they can fix that.
    I'm using HYB25D256800BT-5 so I'd avoid to buy them if possible.

Ah forgot to tell how you can get that error
    Options-> Torture Test ->Custom
    MinFFT=10
    MaxFFT=10
    leave the rest as it is

Surfmac

(No subject)
    « Reply #36 on: 14-January-04, 08:39:15 »

Hey all!

The TwinMos CL2.5 (2x512MB) did not work @CL3 too (Crash in Prime95 and 3DMark2003).
    I changed to the Infineon (HYB25D256800BT-5) same TheChosn use.
    Set to...
    Turbo
    Limit DDR400
    CL2.5
    Rest set to AUTO
    2,6V
    using bank 1+2
    CPU set to...
    D.O.T Mode Captain (210MHz)
    1.55V (1.46 in CoreCenter)  :rolleyes_anim:

works fine and no error in prime95
    using
    Options-> Torture Test ->Custom
    MinFFT=10
    MaxFFT=10
    leave the rest as it is

Greez
    Mac

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #37 on: 14-January-04, 10:02:48 »

gonna try it tomorrow, when i backupped all my data via gbit lan
    what does "turbo" mode do exactly?

Greetz DaChosn

TheChosn

(No subject)
    « Reply #38 on: 19-January-04, 11:10:19 »

Very big thx surfmac, my system passes POST @ CL 2,5 finally.
    cant say anything about prime as I'm installing that Win 2003 64bit trial....

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #39 on: 19-January-04, 15:58:36 »

when i try min max = 10 prime 95 has about 5% CPU usage and does nothing
    Pages: [1]   Go Up