Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is that new BIOS MSI?  (Read 2804 times)

McGeyser

Where is that new BIOS MSI?
« on: 16-January-04, 05:19:41 »

I wish you hadn't said anything about the release date Bas  :-D). I can't sit still over here :lol_anim:.

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 16-January-04, 06:07:11 »
  • Best Answer

• You guy's asked about it, I only posted what MSI told me.....
    I still haven't got a reply yet...weird....

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #2 on: 16-January-04, 06:18:06 »
  • Best Answer

• Just got a reply back from MSI:

I do try hard to push the BIOS. But the release BIOS can't pass our testing. So, looks like we need to wait for more little time.

Sorry guy's, it will take a bit longer then expected.

scottg26

(No subject)
    « Reply #3 on: 16-January-04, 15:52:26 »

i'd rather have a stable bios than a rushed beta one  ;-))

Ulukay

(No subject)
    « Reply #4 on: 16-January-04, 16:03:57 »

Originally posted by scottg26
    i'd rather have a stable bios than a rushed beta one  ;-))

we already got 2 slow and buggy bioses for this ****** beta board  :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

riprjak

(No subject)
    « Reply #5 on: 16-January-04, 18:28:24 »

Originally posted by Bas
    Just got a reply back from MSI:

I do try hard to push the BIOS. But the release BIOS can't pass our testing. So, looks like we need to wait for more little time.

Sorry guy's, it will take a bit longer then expected.

If it wasnt for the fact that THREE other k8t800 board manufacturers have ALREADY had this bios out; one for nearly 3 months; I'd buy this excuse.  Sounds like lack of competence to me.

Is MSI ever planning to be serious about this hardware??

err!
    jak.

jorgerod

(No subject)
    « Reply #6 on: 17-January-04, 11:26:19 »

what was the original Scheduled date for the BIOS?

Jorge

Wonkanoby

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #7 on: 17-January-04, 11:33:14 »
  • Best Answer

• dont keep on

as bas says we are not employed by msi ,we are just users like you who over time became moderators,our email box is our only contact with msi

bas has been good enough to tell you what he knows

and ive seen his emails to them pressing them getting it done asap

if you keep it up all that will happen is us mods descide its best we keep everything to our selves and tell you lot nothing other than what you can find on the site .if every time we get grief because some one else breaks a promise/date that may well happen

i learned my lesson after hinting about nvidia nforce drivers as a beta tester for them ...now i say nothing
    P5Q Deluxe
    Intel QX 6700
    4GB OCZ
    60 GB Vertex drive
    ATI 5850

Bibihest

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
      • http://vivaldi.dk
    (No subject)
    « Reply #8 on: 17-January-04, 17:01:59 »
  • Best Answer

• We know there is a beta bios, why not release that then and let people decide if they want it or not.. Don't see any problems in that. They have released worse beta bios's before (1.14)

3degs

(No subject)
    « Reply #9 on: 18-January-04, 03:28:43 »

I have been lucky to be a beta user for testing the new bios version 1.25 but i dont recomend it. I have now gone back to version 1.10 as the other has sadly some strange readouts in temps and stability.

1. The vcore is added but still it does not work OK if you enable coolnquiet, because if
    then you will end up with a 800mhz cpu in windows even if you have not enbled coolnquiet inside windows.

2. The tempreadouts is way to high, it jumps up from my 37c to 46c instead. It could be that they have throttled the tempreadings but i dont thinks so as the cpufan is still as cold as before.

3. After playing around with this bios for some weeks i have discovered at first some
    performance gain but this probarly was a user error i dont know to 100% yet. Anyway as the new bios heats my cpu my performance drops after some hours of rendering or playing 3d games. This is when comparing the old bios with this beta.

4. Also to all who plans to hígher the vcore, you will probarly need a SUPER cooler to cool this baby down as the heat was really high only after highering it 0.5 step. But it could be a bios error i dont know. Lets give them time to complete the bios so it works 100%

BTW.
    YOU DONT NEED TO HIGHER THE VCORE TO GIVE A PERFOMANCE GAIN WITH YOUR FSB ON THE MSI BOARD. BUT YOU NEED SOM GOOD RAMS TO MAKE IT RUN STABLE.

I RUN 100% STABLE WITH 2200MHZ THATS A 200MHZ OF INCREASE. THATS A GREAT INCREASE OF PERFORMANCE.

I RECOMEND ((CORSAIR XMS PRO 3200LL)) NOTE! ONLY THESE RAMS AS I HAVE NOT ANY GOOD RESULTS WITH OTHERS. DONT FORGET TO CRANK UP THE VOLTAGE OF THE RAMS TO V2.75 OR IF YOU NEED SET IT TO V2.85

DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR RESULTS OF TEMPRATURES: http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=mbmcfg

NOTE! This was tested on my testrig.

PERSONAL MESSAGE TO BAS:  Thanx you are doing a great work.

Wonkanoby

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    (No subject)
    « Reply #10 on: 18-January-04, 03:31:28 »
  • Best Answer

• do you mean 2.75 for the ram
    P5Q Deluxe
    Intel QX 6700
    4GB OCZ
    60 GB Vertex drive
    ATI 5850

3degs

(No subject)
    « Reply #11 on: 18-January-04, 03:35:05 »

yap thats its fixed... thanx for letting me know. i just missed that. ;-) I'am only a human.  :biggthumbsup:

keep up the good work  :biggthumbsup:

Bibihest

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
      • http://vivaldi.dk
    (No subject)
    « Reply #12 on: 18-January-04, 10:23:13 »
  • Best Answer

• There must be some issues with the BIOS, because I have NONE of the errors that 3degs have.. :undecided:

When I use a higher Vcore the temp only rises minimal. My temp hasn't risen very much after a 200Mz overclock
    I also don't have any performance drops and my system is running for many days at a time but I will try to look more on that one I think.

If you enable cool'n quiet you can't cnange the Vcore in the BIOS. Talked to Bas about that and he thougt it wasn't nessesary to be able to change if you use CnQ and have to say he's right. I would still like that to work to, but I don't have any other problems with the BIOS. Maybe i'm just lucky :biggthumbsup:
    Pages: [1]   Go Up