Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things to Know Before Building Your Mega 180  (Read 27514 times)

johnrr6

Things to Know Before Building Your Mega 180
« on: 01-April-04, 15:33:22 »

Some people have asked me for a list of tips so here is my attempt---I'll ask Wonk to sticky it if it turns out OK....

Feel free to PM me with more tips---I'll add as necessary....

TIP SHEET FOR THE MEGA 180:

So you bought that new Mega 180 and the docs leave a lot to be desired......Don't panic!!  Take a look at this tip sheet.  Should save you a lot of hours!

RAM AND PROCESSOR:

Several things here.....If you are going to use onboard video----you should NOT use higher RAM than PC 2700----waste of money to buy higher as the Nforce2 18G "Crush" was only designed to run no higher than with DDR333 RAM (PC2700).  Nvidia warns against it on their site.  I have personally experienced a LOT of problems when you try to run the onboard at DDR 400 (PC3200)----trashed Bios in most cases.  Also---the 18G and to some extent---"Dual Channel" is picky about memory----try to get a matched pair of DIMMS----and if you REALLY want to be on the safe side----go to Nvidias site and look up the page that lists known, compatable memory with the NForce2 chipsetNforce2 compatable memory.  I use A-Data 512 sticks---but they are hard to find.

If you are going to use a Vidcard---then higher memory is just fine----but if you are NOT planning on overclocking-----there is really NO need for higher than PC2700 as the default bus for Barton 2800+ and below is FSB 166 (DDR333---PC 2700).

Alyways run your RAM (Synch) 100%---do not play with dividers if you are using the onboard video.  If you have no clue what I just said----you are fine as the defaults will take care of this----this last was for overclockers.

Processor----I like the cost of the Barton 2800+ right now----fast, cheap and even using the onboard and no overclocking----you have a fast machine that can do anything.  The 2800+ also leaves the door open for a slight overclock (I have not tried this yet) without too much stress on anything.

LCD PANEL:

Do Not----I say again----Do Not use the "welcome.exe" program----or ANY other program on ANY disk or the MSI website to do ANYTHING to your front panel.  That program is for the Mega 651 model and WILL TRASH YOUR LCD.  The LCD panel works just fine----it doesn't need any updating.

If this advice is to late, the firmware fix is in here:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threadid=46355&sid=

Do download and install the latest version of PC Alert MSI Mega 180 Downloads----works great with the front LCD panel and displays PC info nicely.

Use the EQ mode buttons while playing in the HiFi mode----changes the sound a lot and also the display changes------COOL!

OPTICAL DRIVE:

Use an MSI optical drive----basically anything from MSI will work fine---some other drives are reported to work fine like a NEC 2500A----but if you use an MSI drive----you can't go wrong.  You might want to put the drive in another machine with a floppy first----and download and update that drive to the latest firmware (most will require a floppy to do that and the Mega 180 has none.)

CABLE MANAGEMENT:

Buy a dollar pack of cable ties and go to work-----make sure ALL cables are away from the front of the intake fan for the CPU----you want a very clear path to the cooler.  Less clutter---better airflow.  Better airflow----lower temps.

CPU INSTALL:

Get rid of the MSI thermal grease with some Goof Off or acetone-----and get some good Arctic Silver 3, AS5 or AS Ceramique.  Clean both the chip top and the bottom of the HS with denatured alcohol before applying the thermal grease.  You might also want to lapp the bottom of the HS which is not very well done----but I found it not necessary.  The HS/Fan unit is very easy to install----just rotate your screw down points as perscribed by the sticker on the cooler----don't tighten one screw all the way down----then go to the next.

DRIVERS:

I found the drivers on the install disk to be non-functional---- get the latest drivers from the MSI website (you can use Live Update for this) or go to http://www.nforcershq.com and get the latest Nforce2 Driver Remix from Morpheus1 or Mwarhead.

DO NOT use the Nvidia SW IDE driver (say "No" when it asks you in the driver install)  Only use the ITB (In The Box) IDE driver----it's the default driver.  Your Optical device will probably not function correctly (eject, etc) with the Nvidia SW IDE driver.

Nforce2 SoundStorm Drivers are a tricky topic----there are TONS of versions out there.... I've had the best luck so far with Drivers 4.31 (Off Microsoft Windows Updates---it was a Driver Update) and Audio Control Panel 4.31.  Nvidia has a driver update package now JUST for audio-----posted Here

If you are having problems with Media Center III crashing----it seems to be a conflict between the SoundStorm Drivers and Media Center III,  Uninstall your Nvidia audio devices in the device manager (Three of them----there is one hidden---so go to view and "show hidden devices")  then reboot and let Windows rerecognize your devices and reload drivers.  This will solve most problems until Media Center II has another bad crash----in which case---you may have to do this procedure over again.  You can tell if it's really hosed up because the radio sound will come on automatically at boot----or you will have lost the SoundStorm Control Panel Icon in the SysTray.  I'm working on different versions of SoundStorm to see which works best---will update if I find anything new.  (Update)----4.31 seems to be the best but I still can'ttotally eliminate the crashing in Media Center III.

Once you get your Lan device up and running (or your modem) Go to Windows Update and make sure you are completly updated with all latest window updates---If using WinXP-----you need to be at WinXP ServPack 1a when you are done.

Use Windows Cleanup and Defrag when you are done----ESPECIALLY cleanup---to get rid of any left over temp files in the Mega----To get the BEST and most optimised defrag----run windows defrag at least three times in a row----maybe more----it will REALLY optimise the drive.

TV CARD:

The main TV Card designed for the Mega 180 is the MSI 8606-40 Mega TV Card----be careful to get it vice the other version of the MSI 8606 which is the MSI 8606-10 TV@anywhere Master.

The Mega TV Card does not include a Radio while the 8606-10 DOES include a radio.  Since your Mega 180 already has a radio----you absolutely don't need or want the 8606-10 TV@anywhere Master.

Do NOT use any drivers or software you receive with the Mega TV Card MSI 8606-40----just set the disks aside.  You will ONLY uses the drivers off the Mega 180 Install Disk.

The Mega TV Card MUST be installed before the menu item for "Install TV Tuner Drivers" becomes visible on the Mega 180 install disk.

Make sure your TV Card is hooked into the line called "Remote Control" within the Mega 180 itself----there is a small 3 inch connecting wire in the TV card box.

The TV and Radio function well with the remote----but you must have MSI Media Center III installed.  I could not get the TV or the Radio to work without Media Center III.

Upon initial setup of the TV within Media Center III---you may have to switch the source between cable and antenna to get the initial channels to auto scan.  Once done auto scanning---switch back to cable as source (assuming you have cable).

Using the remote to force the TV screen to full screen:  When you use the up/down arrows on the remote----watch the menu items on the screen----the various menu item buttons will highlight as you hit the arrows.

Once you have highlighted the little arrow button on the lower right of the screen----just below the TV display (it will turn green)----hit the ENTER key

It goes to widescreen----hit the ENTER key again------it goes to fullscreen

BTW, the remote works fine-----the trick is you HAVE to have Media Center III installed and available to be called for it to control the TV Card----Radio Etc.  It will start up normally when you push the TV button on the remote.

BIOS SETTINGS:

The defaults will mostly work.  One thing----to get BEST performance out of the NForce 2 Onboard video----set AGP to 128 and Set Frame Buffer to 128----I had crashes with almost any other video setting.  I'm still playing with PCI clock, voltages, and some other settings to get better stability-----will let you know.....

6 CHANNEL SOUND

Use all three ports in the back of the Mega 180 and then configure it using the SoundStorm Control Panel----Use the "Speaker Setup Wizard".  Check and adjust using the "Test Tone" button.  I'm using an inexpensive set of Analog Altec Lansing 5.1s----the sound is excellent.

That's all for now----tell me what else you've found and I'll post.

John

Defaulty

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 02-April-04, 08:48:33 »

Thnx........ :worship: John for this Great FAQ and Answers offcourse... :biggthumbsup:

I know and hope this post will be a great help for a lot of people.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Defaulty

themac1977

Card Reader
« Reply #2 on: 07-April-04, 14:53:46 »

Do you have any advice on getting the card reader to work?

It was working untill I installed all the software from the install disk. Then I rebooted and it had stopped working.

I have since done a complete fresh install, but still have the same problem.

Not really conversant with BIOS settings, so don't know what they should be.

Have installed all updates for the Mega 180 from MSI website, and also have ALL updates from microsoft. (All 110MB !!!!! Thanks god for broadband!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LarryGB

• SERGEANT
    • http://www.sprucecountry.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 08-April-04, 21:28:18 »
  • Best Answer

• Elsewhere on this forum it was mentioned to be sure that SP1a of XP is installed, you are using XP, aren't  you, and to check in bios [hit DEL when first booting] under Integrated Peripherals>Onboard Device>OnChip USB is enabled for V1.1+V2.0. Save and reboot your system, and then check XP - Device Manager for USB Storage Devices. The card reader is considered a USB device, and needs the latest drivers, and to be setup correctly to function.
    *__Regards, Larry___*

Hardware:

MSI MegaPC 180 "Deluxe"

AthlonXP 2500+ Barton - BIOS V3.3 - 2 x 256MB PC2700 Spectek
    Nvidia on-board IGP rated Geforce MX-440 equiv.
    80 GB Maxtor 7200 - LG CDR/W&DVD 16x
    MSI 8606-40 Mega TV Tuner Card - Windows XP PRO - SP1a (all patches)
    MSI Media Center Deluxe III Beta

MrMario64

(No subject)
    « Reply #4 on: 11-April-04, 09:00:47 »

One other thing to watch out for r the accidental removal of the jumpers on the mainboard (the green ones)

It happend to me and frodo both that a jumper was removed by moving the IDE cables. They can get stuck behind a jumper and when you pull it then the jumper gets off.

Luckily they were diff jumper on our systems so we could determine where they originally need to be easily.

Other then this minor thing my system is running super smooth.
    No problem whatsoever.
    I used all drivers from CD and upgraded to versions on live update.
    I only downloaded the latest nforce audio drivers wich have the new mixer wich drops the need of the soundstorm program. All settings can be done from within this new mixer.
    This is the one I'm using now wich is working fine.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_audio_4.31_win2KXP

cya all, and enjoy your barebone.

AtHoSsIcO

• SERGEANT
    And if your tuner doesn't work fine...
    « Reply #5 on: 17-April-04, 23:46:30 »
  • Best Answer

• http://www.sffpc.nl/xoops/modules/phpwiki/index.php?pagename=Unofficial_MSI_MEGA_PC_180_FAQ
    Look at this site to find latest version of MSI Media Center III.
    Keep your original CD: the code is required also if you perform an upgrade.

And say thanks to Redder :biggthumbsup:

:worship: And obviously to Johnrr6 for this thread. :worship:
    Mega PC 180 Deluxe (with reversed fan)
    AthlonXp 2500+ Barton
    2x512Mb Ram PC2700
    MS8606-040 Tuner
    NEC 2500 DVD
    Maxtor 80GB 8Mb - 7200RPM
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Latest NVidia Driver
    MSI Media Center III

long life and prosper
    :borg:

rwakida

TV Card
    « Reply #6 on: 18-April-04, 01:01:25 »

Any idea where I can buy the MSI 8606-40 Mega TV Card in the U.S.?  I've been searching but can't find it.  All I can find is the TV@nywhere master which, from what I undestand, is the wrong version.

Thanks in advance

LarryGB

• SERGEANT
    RE: And if your tuner doesn't work fine...
    « Reply #7 on: 18-April-04, 23:50:51 »
  • Best Answer

Originally posted by AtHoSsIcO
    http://www.sffpc.nl/xoops/modules/phpwik...MEGA_PC_180_FAQ
    Look at this site to find latest version of MSI Media Center III.
    Keep your original CD: the code is required also if you perform an upgrade.

And say thanks to Redder :biggthumbsup:

:worship: And obviously to Johnrr6 for this thread. :worship:

Actually there is a serial file in the download that if you cut and paste, does not require the original envelope serial......
    *__Regards, Larry___*

Hardware:

MSI MegaPC 180 "Deluxe"

AtHoSsIcO

• SERGEANT
    RE: And if your tuner doesn't work fine...
    « Reply #8 on: 19-April-04, 07:45:33 »
  • Best Answer

• It's true.... :shocked_anim:
    Wow i'm a little bit blind :-D)
    But the original code also work :yes:
    Mega PC 180 Deluxe (with reversed fan)
    AthlonXp 2500+ Barton
    2x512Mb Ram PC2700
    MS8606-040 Tuner
    NEC 2500 DVD
    Maxtor 80GB 8Mb - 7200RPM
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Latest NVidia Driver
    MSI Media Center III

long life and prosper
    :borg:

johnrr6

RE: TV Card
    « Reply #9 on: 19-April-04, 13:36:18 »

Originally posted by rwakida
    Any idea where I can buy the MSI 8606-40 Mega TV Card in the U.S.?  I've been searching but can't find it.  All I can find is the TV@nywhere master which, from what I undestand, is the wrong version.

Thanks in advance

Yes

http://www.excaliberpc.com

Great company-----highly recommended...

Good Luck...

John

btrcp2000

(No subject)
    « Reply #10 on: 20-April-04, 13:20:34 »

I have downloaded the latest version of Media Center III from the link above twice, but XP keeps reporting that it is corrupt.  Can I get it from somewhere else?

Redders

(No subject)
    « Reply #11 on: 20-April-04, 16:37:49 »

I had the same problem, the download was stopping half way through. I downloaded FreshDownload (FreeWare) from http://www.freshdevices.com, which allowed me to continue the download from where it left off.

Can't say I noticed any difference with the new version, but my MEGA 180 was playing up when I removed the old version of MCD III. The temp went to 63 and the 5V went out of range according to both the BIOS and PC Alert 4. When I reinstalled the latest version of PC Alert 4 all came back OK!!!

Paul501

graphics and audio conflicts
    « Reply #12 on: 30-April-04, 11:24:13 »

I downloaded the new audio drivers for my mega 180 from (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_audio_4.31_win2KXP). But it seems to have caused a conflict with my nvida Geforce 4 Ti4600 Graphics card driver. In device manager the graphic card driver now comes under a new section called unknown. I didn't have this problem with the previous drivers. But even when I now try an reinstall the original drivers from the cd, I still have this conflict. Unless I disable my geforce 4 driver when windows starts up I just get a blank screen.
    I also download the latest nvida drivers from the mega 180 site, but the installation doesn't seem to load up.
    The reason I downloaded the new audio drivers in the first place was because my Media Center Deluxe III software would halt when I tried to go to the music section, installing the new audio drivers doesn't seem to have resolved the problem. So I am now downloading the latest Media Center Deluxe III software to see if I can sort that out.
    But I still have this problem with the conflicts. I'm fresh outta ideas at the moment. Any suggestions?
    Cheers

Paul501

(No subject)
    « Reply #13 on: 30-April-04, 13:09:42 »

I've uploaded some pics of my device manger and other stuff, too make my problem more clear. Cheers!

http://www.deadlymillimeters.com/Problem.html

LarryGB

• SERGEANT
    (No subject)
    « Reply #14 on: 30-April-04, 17:00:15 »
  • Best Answer

• Hi Paul,

* In XP's device manager, you can roll back a driver to a previous one. Just select the device, properties, driver tab, Roll Back Driver button.
    * You may have to do this your Audio device driver that you just installed.
    Then reboot and see whether your display driver is happy again.
    * If not, try to right click the display driver, pick uninstall, reboot, and be prepared to have your CD, or driver files available for next hardware detection.
    * Also you have system restore in Start>All Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>System Restore. Pick a point just before you created your problem....

Try these steps in the order above until you resolve your problem....
    *__Regards, Larry___*

Hardware:

MSI MegaPC 180 "Deluxe"

Paul501

(No subject)
    « Reply #15 on: 30-April-04, 18:45:56 »

Thanks Larry, I used system restore and my driver conflicts are resolved  :biggthumbsup: . I am still having the same problem with Media Centre Deluxe III. I have installed the lastest drivers

Audio driver version 4.31 (WHQL)
    Audio utility version 4.31
    Ethernet driver 3.39 (WHQL) + TOT.nvu
    GART driver 3.43 (WHQL)
    MemCtl driver 3.38 (WHQL) + TOT.nvu
    SMBus driver 3.43
    WinXP IDE 2.5 driver version 4.12 (WHQL) + updated nvuide.exe and txtsetup.oem
    Installer version 4.31

I have installed the latest version of the software (45.3), but I still get the same thing, I click on music and 'loading' in green writing appears in the left hand top corner, then nothing loads and the program crashes and I have to press ctrl alt delete to get out of it. The green writing that appears is very similar to when I use special funtions on my logitech cordless keyboard, not sure if the 2 are related. Any idea what could be causing the crash?

jamierooney

MSI display corrupted - no POST
    « Reply #16 on: 12-May-04, 09:34:31 »

My MSI MEGA 180 has a strange display on the monitor.

I opened the boxed removed all items.
    Installed the CPU (supported on the CPU compatability list for the MSI MEGA 180), installed the heatsink & fan.
    Installed the HD drive.
    Installed the MSI DVD+/-RW
    Installed 1 DIMM module of DDR RAM PC2700 333MHZ 1GB

Pushed the Power button for the PC and the desplay is corrupted.

I tried the 4 possible configurations for Jumpers 7 and 8 to alter the FSB speed with no luck.

I also tried the 4 different J7 and J8 configurations without having the HDD and DVD-RW drives connected - same result.

I also tried the 4 different J7 and J8 configurations with the Secondary VGA output connected to my monitor.

I also tried the 4 different J7 and J8 configurations with the S-Video output connected to my TV and no signal at all.

Both my monitor and HDD work fine with my other PC.

I noticed the jumper pins are not numbered - made the configuration job a bit more tedious.

Please note the LCD screen works correctly, however the redio tuner in HiFi mode doesn't pick up any local stations.

As I am a Software Test Engineer, I am 100% confident I have checked all possible configurations including clearing the CMOS, but the system simply will not display to the VDU. The POST should at least be visible when Power is turned on for the PC mode.

NOTE: I will update the RAM Brand as soon as I find out the title from the supplier, but I believe it is OEM.

NOTE II: this is the URL to the CPU used: http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1798

PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss ssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee  help ease my pain!!

Olijames

I am running Media Centre 3 but i am not sure what version number beyond that i am running. I have checked out the link posted before

http://www.sffpc.nl/xoops/modules/phpwiki/index.php?pagename=Unofficial_MSI_MEGA_PC_180_FAQ

And after reading that i downloaded the file, but i am not sure if i am already running it?

Can anyone tell me how to find the version number for Media Centre.

Many thanks.

ptown

www.fusionxpc.com
    « Reply #18 on: 21-May-04, 01:51:14 »

What do you think about pre built systems ?

I was looking @ http://www.fusionxpc.com Entertainment PC or Media Center...

What do you think about the systems........

mrpijey

Originally posted by Olijames
    I am running Media Centre 3 but i am not sure what version number beyond that i am running. I have checked out the link posted before

http://www.sffpc.nl/xoops/modules/phpwiki/index.php?pagename=Unofficial_MSI_MEGA_PC_180_FAQ

And after reading that i downloaded the file, but i am not sure if i am already running it?

Can anyone tell me how to find the version number for Media Centre.

Many thanks.

Seems this site is down now, does anyone have the Media Center avaliable somewhere else?

rjdverbeek

New Bios 3.4
    « Reply #20 on: 06-October-04, 10:26:15 »

Has anyone tried the new Bios 3.4 which is available from MSI  :-D)? Does it fix anything  :bonk:?

Regards,
    Rene

otrofox

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
    (No subject)
    « Reply #21 on: 06-October-04, 10:46:26 »
  • Best Answer

• From the Mega180 download section: "3.4 --> Support Sempron 2200+/2400+/2500+/2600+/2800+ L2 256K CPU."

Why Live Update did NOT detect neither this Bios nor version 3.3 one?
    MSI Mega 180 Deluxe
    Seagate 160GB
    Athlon 2800+ Barton
    1x DIMM DDR 400  512MB
    Toshiba DVD-ROM
    Radeon X1600 512MB
    SkyStar 2 DVB Satellite
    MS Windows XP Pro SP2

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    (No subject)
    « Reply #22 on: 06-October-04, 12:37:08 »
  • Best Answer

• because liveupdate is rubbish?  8-))
    Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

otrofox

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
    (No subject)
    « Reply #23 on: 07-October-04, 03:41:30 »
  • Best Answer

• Unfortunately you're right!
    MSI Mega 180 Deluxe
    Seagate 160GB
    Athlon 2800+ Barton
    1x DIMM DDR 400  512MB
    Toshiba DVD-ROM
    Radeon X1600 512MB
    SkyStar 2 DVB Satellite
    MS Windows XP Pro SP2

bilben1

• PRIVATE E-2
    hard drives and the mega 180 pc
    « Reply #24 on: 17-December-04, 16:32:55 »
  • Best Answer

• I just spent two fun days getting my mega 180 to work.  I had problems during boot. The machine would not recognise WD hard disks irrespective of whether the jumper was set to single drive (no jumper) or cable select. I tried it with two different WD drive a 120 gb and an older 8GB drive no luck. I had no problems when I swithed to a 160 GB Maxtor. The other thing that struck me as weird is that I could find no way to install the drive right side up i.e. the drive only goes in with the bottom pc  card facing up.  Does anyone know what the reason for this weird install procedure or am I doing something wrong.

My mega 180 is equipped with the following

athlon XP 2000 (for the time being)
    160 gb mAXTOR DRIVE
    512 mb kINGSTON dUAL cHANNEL RAM
    iomagic dvd+R writer.
    Bios 3.5

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    (No subject)
    « Reply #25 on: 17-December-04, 18:06:47 »
  • Best Answer

• if it makes you feel better, my hard drive is mounted upside down in the mega 651. and no, i don't know why they do this.  :-((

Zerbot

Re: Things to Know Before Building Your Mega 180
    « Reply #26 on: 06-August-05, 07:38:40 »

thinking of getting one my self , seams i can transfere most of my old compy straight over to the 180 case ,

Q : how many HHD drives can i mount on that thing and can i run a Ti 4200 or is the onboard one better ?

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #27 on: 06-August-05, 08:00:25 »
  • Best Answer

• if you remove the built in card reader there is space for 2 HDDs. many users have posted here that it is best to just use one, because of heat build up.

as for your Ti4200, it depends what you want to do with your system. if it is just to be a HTPC / Media Center type PC, then the integrated GF4 MX is fine. if you want to play games, then you should be able to fit the GF4 Ti4200 if it is not too bulky

Zerbot

« Reply #28 on: 06-August-05, 08:08:23 »

i was thinking game playin , and prolly stick with one 160 , i seppouse its ide ?

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #29 on: 06-August-05, 08:22:57 »
  • Best Answer

• IDE only

if you want to ask more questions, you maybe should start a new thread.

:biggthumbsup:

Zerbot

« Reply #30 on: 06-August-05, 08:37:26 »

thx for the help , i just orderd one  8-))

guess i ll start a thread when i start building it

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #31 on: 06-August-05, 10:10:36 »
  • Best Answer

• good luck, and have fun with it ;-))

Zerbot

« Reply #32 on: 08-August-05, 16:51:32 »

anyone tried linux on these machines ?

Zerbot

« Reply #33 on: 08-August-05, 21:22:50 »

might have been a silly one , anyways , powersource , any idea if its a normal atx or micro atx or ???

which one should i aim for if i want more juice ?

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #34 on: 09-August-05, 12:10:07 »
  • Best Answer

• the PSU is a custom type. you can't fit an ATX or mATX PSU inside

Zerbot

« Reply #35 on: 09-August-05, 13:24:12 »

thx for the fast help again  :biggthumbsup:

lordjeff

« Reply #36 on: 27-August-05, 17:42:52 »

Has anyone else experienced a problem where the sound works super well when the MSI PC component is on; however, when you turn off the PC and just use the stereo, you only get sound out of the front channel?  Even if you enable SRS? :shocking:

If I turn on the PC however, I get fabulous sound from all 5 speakers & d'a woofer. 

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #37 on: 27-August-05, 18:40:51 »
  • Best Answer

• probably because the HiFi mode only properly supports 2-channel audio

lordjeff

« Reply #38 on: 22-October-05, 15:55:31 »

I've been tinkering  :shocking:  with an MSI Mega 180 for upwards of 6 months now.  Most of the issues I've resolved.  I've got one that has been outstanding since I originally got the system and can't find an answer to.  I have the system hooked into 5.1 speakers through the 3 analog cables.  The sound works perfectly when the PC is powered on (except a slight clicking in the background).  However, when I turn on just the stereo, I get sound only out of the front speakers.  I don't get it reguardless of wether I turn SRS on or off.  I'd really like the whole speaker set to be playing the audio.  Any help you guys could give me would be super appreciated.

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #39 on: 22-October-05, 17:47:23 »
  • Best Answer

• probably because the HiFi mode only properly supports 2-channel audio

Pages: [1]   Go Up