Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why won't those f#%*#king drivers work for my tv-out???  (Read 2069 times)

svdf

i'm getting crazy!!! why won't the tv-out with the newer drivers work??? :O  i got a geforce 4 and only the 28.32 drivers work, but they slow my card down. when i install a newer driver like the new 40 series i only get white or pink or yellow noise, or just nothing... i hate it!!!

what's the reason that nvidia makes new drivers, and they don't work, i think that's very bad service!!! and then everybody sais "use tv tool!!!" but the only thing i'm getting with tv-tool are colorbars...

could someone just give me the simpel explenation what's going on, cuz everybody is complaining, and it works with no one, well unless they install the old drivers, but i have even the wrong drivers on the drivers cd that i got with the card, i think that's insane... :O  :O  X(  X(

Ariawan

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 25-September-02, 17:12:27 »

I had the same problem and posted a thread like 2 days ago. Also got it to work only with the 28.32 driver. Even the supplied driver doesn't work.

My card is MSI GF4MX460-VTP which has dual VGA out. A senior member asked me to swap the monitor cable to the other VGA port, but since I got the TV-out working with the 28.32 driver, I can't be bothered.

If you also have a card with dual VGA, maybe you would wanna try it. He was saying something like the TV-out is connected to the VGA1 and not VGA2... but if that's the case then why does it work with the 28.32???...

I managed to get some picture with TV tool but my monitor flickered badly... and when the monitor flickered normally, only colour bars were visible on the TV. I think we've got the same problem.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you find a solution.

svdf

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 25-September-02, 18:06:33 »

yeah i saw your post, but i forgot to try that! whayt a sec, i'm now going to change it

grd

InvZim

bios flash
« Reply #3 on: 25-September-02, 19:45:40 »

I had the same problem with my MSI ti200 when I got it.  once I flashed my bios with a generic Geforce bios I was able to install any drivers I wanted....I am sure it voided my warrenty and isnt the safest thing to attempt but it did solve my problem.

svdf

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 25-September-02, 21:23:35 »

well it didn't work Ariawan, i don't know why, but InvZim could you explain to me how you did that? cuz i don't know very much about that, but i would do anything to make it work...
thanks!

InvZim

bios flashy
« Reply #5 on: 25-September-02, 23:04:58 »

research!!!!!!

http://www.x-bios.3dgames.ru/

good link with lots of tools and information

I flashed my card with a reference NVIDIA bios that I found, but that site has some MSI ones as well.

svdf

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 26-September-02, 13:36:58 »

;( i don't understand what i'm supposed to do, i have a msi geforce 4 mx 460, but for msi there's only the ti 4600, and in the "NVIDIA Reference BIOS" folder i can only find bioses up to 4 mx 440... is it posible to use an other version? or is that to dangerous??

svdf

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 26-September-02, 16:19:41 »

...and would someone please be kind enough to explain me how i make a bootable floppy for win 2000? cuz i can only seem to make a setup boot, but that's wrong...

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 27-September-02, 22:26:48 »
  • Best Answer

• Hi SVDF,

I have send you a message by Email and PM, please respond by Email or PM.

Bas,
    Moderator.

svdf

(No subject)
    « Reply #9 on: 29-September-02, 13:50:13 »

i found my bios! and it works!!!!! thanks for helping me!! look here link for the link to the bios if you need it!
    Pages: [1]   Go Up