Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tRAS Memory Timing  (Read 529 times)

SuperDave123

tRAS Memory Timing
« on: 07-April-04, 06:41:50 »

Hi,
I'm trying to manually set up my memory timing rather than rely on the auto setting in the BIOS. I have found tRCD, tRP, and CL for my Micron MT16VDDT6464AG-40BC4 (PC3200 512MB). I can't find the tRAS spec. I checked the data sheet, and it doesn't give a nice number of clock cycles for tRAS, if just specifies a huge window of values in ns, not clocks. Wondered if anyone knew where I could find this info (or work it out from the data sheet).

Thanks,

Dave

knownalien

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 07-April-04, 20:54:25 »

for now, assume ns = clocks

tRas is typically the largest of all of them . . like 6-12.  But I have seen 5 before.  never below that.

radosuaf

Re: tRAS Memory Timing
« Reply #2 on: 07-March-06, 18:47:01 »

Funny thing is, accoruding to Mushkin:
Any tRAS setting lower tRCD + CAS + 2 cycles will allow the memory controller to close the page “in your face!” over and again and that will cause a performance hit because of a truncated transfer that needs to be repeated. Along with those hassles comes the self-explanatory risk for data corruption. That one is not a real problem as long as the system is kept running but in case it is shut down and the memory content is written back to the hard disk drive, the consequences can be catastrophic. For the drive, that is.

Which actually means that setting it to lower than tRCD + CAS + 2 decreases performance!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up