Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible Sound from Onboard  (Read 16708 times)

VatoLoco595

Suddenly Poor Sound Out
« Reply #50 on: 09-September-04, 16:54:57 »

Is there a method of throughly testing the sound output from my Realtek AC97 Audio Driver?
I am in the process of building and testing my new system.  Everything has been fine until this....  I was in the process of troubleshooting my capture features with my ATI All in Wonder 9600.  Unable to capture the audio and tired of trying I resumed my DOOM3 play.  This is when I noticed the difference in my play sound.  It is as if some channel of the processing is missing. I have checked all of my settings throughout the system and cannot find a solution.  I fear I have somehow blown my sound.  If any of this is familiar please comment.
Thanks  o_0

VatoLoco595

RE: Suddenly Poor Sound Out
« Reply #51 on: 09-September-04, 18:07:01 »

Issue fixed.
I noticed a new driver at MSI.  ALC69
I loaded it and my sound was restored.
This probably could have been accomplished with the old driver.
Thanks. :biggthumbsup:

Egold

troubles with onboard sound
« Reply #52 on: 12-September-04, 21:55:56 »

I've read through the threads and my problem is when i installed the nvidia refrence drivers device mgr shows no multimedia audio controller. I tried the betas and got the same thing, nvmixer is in programs under nvidia but it cant find the needed component I take it the multimedia audi controller.

If I install the realtek drivers off the cd I dont get any sound from the rear speakers. Im using logitech z 640 analog. connections are right as I did try changing that first.

any sugestions on why im getting and ! for multimedia audio controller?

I did not install the ide controller Im using xp's

Thanks in advance

mescalito

(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: 13-September-04, 00:08:44 »

in dveice manage, right click the multimedia audio controller and select update driver.
select the 'dont search. I will choose the driver to install'

then click 'have disk' and point to where the 'audiodrv' folder is (usually something like C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\4.31\AudioDrv)

Both sets of drivers have their pros and cons.  The nvidia driver has nvmixer but it crackles and pops like o_0 with headphones.  

The realtek driver lets you toggle hardware acceleration in games, which fixes the crackling.  The realtek also has punchier rear-speaker sound in surround mode, but tinnier front speaker output.

UPDATE: The nvidia 4.42 drivers (in the 4.27 UDP) also allow hardware acceleration in games, which fixes the crackle also.  These sound really great!!.

Nvidia 4.42 =  :like:

Egold

(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: 13-September-04, 19:41:00 »

I did what you sugested but in the display list there was no multimedia controller. I tried using the sounds, video and game controllers and still xp would not accept any if the ini files from n vidia reference driver audio. I removed the nvidiamixer and loaded back in the new realtek drivers off the msi site and Im back to where I started all the speakers work except the rears.

Im curious why I cant use the n mixer though not installing the nvidia ide driver had anything to do with it, ok so Im grasping at straws. I suppose I could remove all the nvida files use driver cleaner and then re install?

Egold

(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: 13-September-04, 22:05:39 »

I uninstalled and re-installed the nvidia drivers and still the nv mixer would not load . I installed the latest realtek drivers off the msi site and low and behold all the speakers work. I wish the audio pannel didnt look so childish but hey it works im happy.

Thanks for all your input

OafyC

(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: 13-September-04, 22:18:52 »

Mine sounds great with Nvidia or Realtek drivers.  I have a Logitech z680 hooked up with both optical and analog and both sound great.  Headphones hooked up to the z680 sound fine too, are you trying to hook the headphones directly to the sound outputs on MB?

mescalito

(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: 14-September-04, 01:29:38 »

@Egold:  

if you have audio drivers installed, remove them in add/remove programs first.

sorry i skipped the step to select sound, video and game controllers.  

the inf is in C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\4.27\AudioDrv for the 4.42 - select the "Nvidia audio codec interface"

XP will tell you the driver is not made made for your hardware, just ignore this and continue.

device manager will show another device detected - do the same for this one (you can select to install the driver automatically and XP will find it)

reboot.

the XP mixer will reappear in the tray after reboot. NVmixer appears in start->programs->nvidia corp.

@Oafyc - I am using the green line-out/headphone jack on the mobo.  1 guy reported connecting to the front audio connector works fine.

Miron

(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: 28-September-04, 16:56:51 »

This did it!!!

Thank you very much. Works just as well with the mcp driver also.

Saved me from having to return this problematic mobo.

Sorry MSI, but no more.

These fourms and the good people who help their brethern save MSI from a lot of returns.

Thanks again,

Miron
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up