Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mpc 651 radio webupdate failure  (Read 2003 times)

iago

mpc 651 radio webupdate failure
« on: 13-February-05, 11:15:01 »

hi there

I recently bought a mpc 651 and after installing it, i wanted to update the radio moudule. So i downloaded the radio webupdate program. And unfortunately my computer crashed.  ;-((

After restarting i noticed that the radio tuner and display didnt work anymore. And the webupdate program says it cant find the radio module.

After browsing this forum i heared something about flashing it in dos. But i cant seem to find the firmware or utilities anywhere. Does anyone know where i can find these? Or is there another solution to get my radio and display working again? I sure hope so.

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
Re: mpc 651 radio webupdate failure
« Reply #1 on: 13-February-05, 11:32:43 »
  • Best Answer

• if you had browsed down the first page you might have seen this topic Radio WebUpdate BIOS

however the attachment has not translated during forum software conversion, and i am trying to obtain another copy of it, meanwhile you could send a PM to the happy chappy at the bottom of that topic and ask nicely if he will send you the ZIP file

Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

iago

« Reply #2 on: 13-February-05, 11:50:07 »

thanks for showing me that topic, i havent seen it before. Just looked over it i think.

But if you could obtain another copy of the firmware i would indeed be very gratefull too.  :smile:

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • Birmingham, UK
      • StuOnline.co.uk
    « Reply #3 on: 13-February-05, 13:29:17 »
  • Best Answer

• thanks to wonkanoby, i now have the bluebird firmware, it is attached to this post

the procedure remains the same as before: you'll need either a bootable floppy, USB stick or CD.
    extract the ZIP to the floppy, usb stick or CD and boot into DOS. run the flash.bat program. when completed, you MUST power off your mega 651 and UNPLUG the power cord from the unit for a few seconds, then reconnect and power back on.

oh and also please be aware this is ONLY for the Mega 651, NOT for the 180 / 865

[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]
    Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

iago

« Reply #4 on: 13-February-05, 14:15:53 »

Thanks alot

it works again like it should be  :worship:
    Pages: [1]   Go Up