Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAM issues, DIMM2 & DIMM4 slots not working?  (Read 944 times)

LiloBarry

RAM issues, DIMM2 & DIMM4 slots not working?
« on: 16-March-05, 21:32:11 »

K8N Neo2
AMD 3500+
Ballistix DDR400 PC-3200
XP Pro

I have three sticks of the same RAM, the Ballistix.  My system runs fine with two sticks in DIMM 1 and DIMM 3.  If I try to install a third stick into DIMM2, my system won't book.  Same with DIMM4. 

All sticks of RAM work, since the system boots with any combination of sticks as long as they are in DIMMs 1 and 3.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Tiresmoke

Re: RAM issues, DIMM2 & DIMM4 slots not working?
« Reply #1 on: 16-March-05, 21:42:48 »

Yes you are doing something wrong. That board is either single or dual channel RAM. You can only use two sticks as single channel and dual channel rerquires either 2 or 4 sticks. No combination of 3 sticks will work. There should be a chart in your manual that shows how to set this up.

LiloBarry

« Reply #2 on: 16-March-05, 21:53:56 »

Yes you are doing something wrong. That board is either single or dual channel RAM. You can only use two sticks as single channel and dual channel rerquires either 2 or 4 sticks. No combination of 3 sticks will work. There should be a chart in your manual that shows how to set this up.

Thanks.  So when I get a fourth stick, everything should be fine.  Is that correct?

Tiresmoke

« Reply #3 on: 17-March-05, 01:12:57 »

So long as you have at least two pair of matching Dimm's then you will be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up