Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC Alert  (Read 785 times)

jerryng

PC Alert
« on: 19-July-02, 15:30:59 »

Why the PC Alert program, the CPU temperature is always 5 degrees more in win98 than in win2k/winxp. And I used other software (CPU Cool) to detect the CPU temperature in win98, it always shows 5 degrees less the PC Alert. Is that a bug???

hansh

• Trinergy
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 19-July-02, 21:41:58 »

Hi Jerryng!

1. see Lukeman's post in this thread  :D
2. As far as I know, the temps given by PC Alert tend to be 5 degrees higher than the temps given by BIOS, Sandra or MBM5 - reason for not trusting too much in the PC Alert figures
3. About the temperature thing in general: as long as your system is running without problems and the figures are not too high, you should be ok most likely and the five degrees difference might not be very relevant then ...

Hans
Lian Li 65 with Papst Fans / Zalman Reserator 1 Plus Water Cooling / Enermax Modu82+ 625W / Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P / 2*2GB OCZ3P1600LVAM2G / PhenomII X6 1090T BE /  Intel Postville X25-M SSD 160GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB  / Shuttle CR40 / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7203S / XFX HD5750 1GB watercooled / Philips 202P70 22" / Auzentech X-Fi Prelude / Concept E Magnum Power Edition / Logitech G15 / BIOS F8H / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Brad

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 19-July-02, 23:52:24 »

Originally posted by jerryng
Why the PC Alert program, the CPU temperature is always 5 degrees more in win98 than in win2k/winxp. And I used other software (CPU Cool) to detect the CPU temperature in win98, it always shows 5 degrees less the PC Alert. Is that a bug???

PCAlert III version 3.4.61.0 agrees with the bios on my KT3 Ultra ARU running win-98 SE.  Try the new version if you haven't already:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/software/swr/spt_swr_list.php

Always chose a program that agrees with the BIOS unless you have the means to prove it is incorrect.  Disable any soft-cool utility you may have running to establish if there is or is not a problem.

peb

Re: PC Alert
« Reply #3 on: 11-July-05, 18:51:03 »

Thought you might be interested.  I installed Speedfan, removed PC Alert and running X-Plane at 100% cpu for 8 hours on the good 512MB memory in room temps of upto 32deg with a desk fan blowing into the system the cpu temp stayed pretty constant at ~46deg.  And there were no reboots ... nothing!  So maybe the problem was the duff memory and I think the bugs in PC Alert I have read about probably didn't help either.

I'll see how X-Plane behaves on 512MB before I spend money on a better quality 1GB.

Thanks again for all your help and advice - it really is appreciated.

Fredrik

• Hawk
  • There's always a risk.
Re: PC Alert
« Reply #4 on: 12-July-05, 00:26:51 »

That is great news! You are so welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up