Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: low voltage on +3.3v line?  (Read 2881 times)

BioHazard71

low voltage on +3.3v line?
« on: 15-April-05, 19:44:32 »

I have an ANTEC Truepower 430, when I monitor the voltages in speedfan or the bios I get 3.07v on the +3.3v line. Is anyone else seeing the same or should I RMA the PSU?

HelpMe

« Reply #1 on: 15-April-05, 19:49:06 »

Don't trust the readings for the psu rails on speedfan and the the only accurate readings is using a mulitmeter. Anyway sisoft reported my +12v rail at 1.95v  :bonk:

Tiresmoke

« Reply #2 on: 15-April-05, 20:31:27 »

Some proggies out there Like Sandra or others like it don't read every chip in every computer. Like was said the only accurate readings are with a meter. Try other proddies and you will find different results with each. It is well known and documented.

BioHazard71

« Reply #3 on: 15-April-05, 20:33:38 »

Would the readings in the BIOS be considered accurate?

Tiresmoke

« Reply #4 on: 15-April-05, 20:41:26 »

Not all that accurate really. Voltage level readings in a computer are more an afterthought than anything realistic anyways. They are there to so you when something is happening like a bad overclock that is pushing a componant to far more than anything else as far as we the user are concerned. If the voltages go to far out of whack a computer won't even start. That said though a Bios can affect the readings in so far as it's multiplier settings are concerned with how it sets up to interpret the data from the sensor info on the MB. However like I said for a true reading the only real accurate indication is with a meter.

BioHazard71

« Reply #5 on: 15-April-05, 21:00:53 »

Not all that accurate really. Voltage level readings in a computer are more an afterthought than anything realistic anyways. They are there to so you when something is happening like a bad overclock that is pushing a componant to far more than anything else as far as we the user are concerned. If the voltages go to far out of whack a computer won't even start. That said though a Bios can affect the readings in so far as it's multiplier settings are concerned with how it sets up to interpret the data from the sensor info on the MB. However like I said for a true reading the only real accurate indication is with a meter.

OK with that said, if the system is stable should I bother RMAing the PSU? I don't have a multimeter handy.

BioHazard71

« Reply #6 on: 15-April-05, 21:11:04 »

Don't trust the readings for the psu rails on speedfan and the the only accurate readings is using a mulitmeter. Anyway sisoft reported my +12v rail at 1.95v  :bonk:

What does your BIOS report for the +3.3v line? just want to see if its similar.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up