Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card Tested To Work in Neo4?  (Read 667 times)

sixth

Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card Tested To Work in Neo4?
« on: 24-September-05, 06:24:07 »

Well....BIG question here. Since all the issues with Creative known drivers/sound cards etc, before purchasing (or looking into) the new X-Fi Sound card from creative, has anyone heard/tested the new card out in a Neo4 board? I am currently running the Audigy 2 with KX Audio Drivers instead of the Creative base drivers (which are a million times better) just checking to see if anyone has heard anything on the new card on our boards. Thanks! :yes:

grochocz

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card Tested To Work in Neo4?
« Reply #1 on: 11-January-06, 03:23:40 »

I have a MSI K8N Neo4 SLI Platinum (MSI7100) and just after I installed an SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum my system wasn´t able to boot. This is a known issues (I only discovered that after I bought) between some nforce4 motherboards and X-Fi and I hope MSI deliver a BIOS new version and solve the problem.

StringFellow

« Reply #2 on: 11-January-06, 03:54:41 »

I have had an X-Fi in my system for about 6 months now and it has been working great. Had to download the latest BIOS at the time to address an issue, but other than that, light years better than the Audigy crap.

-S

alitayyab

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 11-January-06, 15:53:48 »
  • Best Answer

• For all the neo 4 series boards the problem was fixed with the new bios releases. u can read this over at creatives' forums . infact msi was one of the first ones to fix this issue. here's a link...
    http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=26289&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

it was more than 40 pages sincei last checked and i bet it's even larger now.
    the thing to look out for is that u need the xi-fi with a heatsink on the spu (sound processing unit?). thats the newer one with minimal problems. also if u go for models with x-ram then u should be okay, as they had no problems to begin with.
    ps, just checked it has over 50 pages!!!
    A64 3000+ venice (@2475) + K8N Neo4 Plat; Geforce 6800gt (420, 1.1) . 2GB RAM; SB Audigy II; 120GB Seagate; LG 4160B; Samsung CDRW; LiteOn DVD;
    Enermax Liberty 400W PSU (12 V1+V2=20A+20A)
    CPU =275*9, 9.9%+ vid=1.45, Ht=3. MEM =166, 2.7V, @2T.

psygnosi

« Reply #4 on: 11-January-06, 16:01:11 »

Hi!

Just bought the Sound Blaster X-Fi and it works great with the Neo 4 Platninum.  I installed it in both windows xp and windows xp 64 bit edition.  No problems and it rocks!  Threw my Audigy 2 ZS out the door.  A Must have card.

Psygnosi :shocked_anim:
    Pages: [1]   Go Up