Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diamond Plus Power supply connectors confusion  (Read 711 times)

knightride

Diamond Plus Power supply connectors confusion
« on: 26-June-06, 01:49:45 »

Hi,

I just bought a Diamond Plus and a OCZ GameXStream power supply. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

I'm confused about the power connections, I understand that I need to use all 24 pins of the main connector but should I plug both 4 pin connectors of the 4/8 pin connector into the 8 pin power slot (JPWR2) ?

The OCZ website said something about all 8 being required for BTX or Dual processors, neither of which applies to this board :)

Also, do I need to connect anything to the 4 pin  PWR3 connector? The manual says it's for the video card but I thought that I just needed to connect the PCI-E power cable right to the video card (EVGA 6800 Ultra)?

Thanks,
Knightride

MurdoK

Re: Diamond Plus Power supply connectors confusion
« Reply #1 on: 26-June-06, 11:02:06 »

Hello !!

You can use a 20 Pin Connector for JPWR1, but you have to connect JPWR2 completly ! JPWR2 is responsilble for giving power to the CPU. JPWR3 is used to supply power to graphics card install it too. The additional connectors on PCI-E Card have also to be pluged in.

Greetz

knightride

Re: Diamond Plus Power supply connectors confusion
« Reply #2 on: 26-June-06, 16:42:38 »

Hi,

Thanks for the info :)
The PSU has a 20+4 pin connector so I can hook up all 24 pins and I'll use both of the 4/8 combo in the 8 pin slot JPWR2 .
For JPWR3 should I just use one of the standard 4 pin molex plugs. the kind you would connect to the hardrive, cdrom etc?
Thanks,
Dave

Hello !!

You can use a 20 Pin Connector for JPWR1, but you have to connect JPWR2 completly ! JPWR2 is responsilble for giving power to the CPU. JPWR3 is used to supply power to graphics card install it too. The additional connectors on PCI-E Card have also to be pluged in.

Greetz
Pages: [1]   Go Up