Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT628 Fn & LCtrl + ALT, WIN and BACKSLASH - WILL DONATE GREATLY  (Read 2026 times)

Larz9220Topic starter

• CORPORAL

GT628 Fn & LCtrl + Alt, Win and Backslash - WILL DONATE GREATLY

MSI Boards

This may be a very advanced Bios Mod request as it includes multiple buttons, for the solution of this I am willing to donate up to USD $30 or even USD $40 for a solution since this is VERY important for me
I am the owner of a MSI GT628 Gaming Notebook, however the button-placement is making it very difficult for me to game properly.

The main issue is of course the Fn and Left Ctrl, it's important I have these two swapped because I use it for crouching in shooter games, the next issue is the Alt, Win and Backslash placement, it's important I have Alt next to Space since i use this for fast weapon switch.

I have attempted to use multiple Keyboard Mapping programs but either they do not work or the remaps don't register in-game. Any case where I managed to remap at least Alt and Backslash did not work in various games so Alt would stll act as Alt and Backslash would still act as Backslash. Simply mapping the Backslash button to the new Fast Weapon Switch was impossible because the button simply does nothing when running a game, when pressing the button when I am setting my keyboard settings in a game, nothing happens at all as if the button was not being pressed. My hands are very big so having to crouch with Ctrl with my pinky finger and having a thumb on Alt for weapon switch is close to impossible. At my first tournament LAN with this laptop, these issue has cost me many important victories.

The current placement is as the following:
Fn Ctrl Win Alt Backslash

What I would like them to be is the following:
Ctrl Fn Backslash Win Alt

For an EXTRA additional $10 bonus donation on top of the first donation I will give if Fn Ctrl Win Alt Backslash can be reamapped, would it also be possible to remap the Pause/Break into a Home or End button?

Thank you in advance, I hope we will be able to make a solution so I will donate.
BEFORE I DONATE I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS REMAPPING IS EVEN POSSIBLE. Thankyou.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

Hello,

Thank you in advance, I hope we will be able to make a solution so I will donate.

Will check it and post/reply when its done.
It will take some time,[up to 24 hours max] then will reply with options here when its done

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

Hello again,

GT628 Fn & LCtrl + Alt, Win and Backslash - WILL DONATE GREATLY

MSI Boards

This may be a very advanced Bios Mod request as it includes multiple buttons, for the solution of this I am willing to donate up to USD $30 or even USD $40 for a solution since this is VERY important for me
I am the owner of a MSI GT628 Gaming Notebook, however the button-placement is making it very difficult for me to game properly.

The main issue is of course the Fn and Left Ctrl, it's important I have these two swapped because I use it for crouching in shooter games, the next issue is the Alt, Win and Backslash placement, it's important I have Alt next to Space since i use this for fast weapon switch.

I have attempted to use multiple Keyboard Mapping programs but either they do not work or the remaps don't register in-game. Any case where I managed to remap at least Alt and Backslash did not work in various games so Alt would stll act as Alt and Backslash would still act as Backslash. Simply mapping the Backslash button to the new Fast Weapon Switch was impossible because the button simply does nothing when running a game, when pressing the button when I am setting my keyboard settings in a game, nothing happens at all as if the button was not being pressed. My hands are very big so having to crouch with Ctrl with my pinky finger and having a thumb on Alt for weapon switch is close to impossible. At my first tournament LAN with this laptop, these issue has cost me many important victories.

For an EXTRA additional $10 bonus donation on top of the first donation I will give if Fn Ctrl Win Alt Backslash can be reamapped, would it also be possible to remap the Pause/Break into a Home or End button?

Yes, can be done

For an EXTRA additional $10 bonus donation on top of the first donation I will give if Fn Ctrl Win Alt Backslash can be reamapped,
would it also be possible to remap the Pause/Break into a Home or End button?

Yes, also can be done

Yes, everything is possible.
The request can be proceed on donation https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=134259.0
Once done, the request will be e-mailed to you.

Best Wishes,
Svet

Larz9220Topic starter

• CORPORAL

Thankyou very much :) I will donate now, the name showing on donation will be Lars Sørensen, then you know it's me.
Thankyou again.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

you're welcome :hat tip:
wish you many victories as well :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up