Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragon Gaming Center – an introduction  (Read 57607 times)

MeantekTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator

Dragon Gaming Center is a nifty tool to set a bunch of settings that are available on the G series MSI Notebooks. The idea with this article is to break down the settings and explain them.

The first thing that meets you when you launch the Dragon Gaming Center is the System Monitor screen:

It does pretty much what the name says – it gives you system parameters in real-time, such CPU load, RAM use, battery status, etc. You can also switch SHIFT profiles and monitor your temperatures and network usage.

Screen 2 is the Utility screen – from here, you can launch applications, with the ones you see in the screenshot are preset. In addition to these, you can add your own applications.

Instant Play comes with four tabs – the first one is ”Instant Play”. Here you can assign the P1 key shortcut to launch a specific application or game.

Tab 2 is Display & Audio, where you can adjust speaker volume and microphone levels, as well as display brightness and gamma.

Tab 3 is Mouse – you can set pointer speed, double-click speed and scrolling properties.

The last Instant Play tab is Resource Release where you can choose which applications will be automatically closed when you launch your preset game with the P1 key combo.

Lastly, Device Setting comes with the possibility to turn on/off the Windows key on the keyboard, and enabling/disabling the high performance profile. Finally, you can once more choose SHIFT modes.

Lind

• STAFF SERGEANT
Dragon Gaming Center – an introduction
« Reply #1 on: 03-November-14, 23:52:33 »

lovely tool, it's easy to adjust the setting... goooood!!

Pinki Lee

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 04-November-14, 03:51:14 »

Great tool :cool:

Vivi

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 06-November-14, 01:03:45 »

very useful tool,thanks MSI.:rolleyes:

brown

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 06-November-14, 01:13:53 »

MSI is so sweet.

Yummy

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 06-November-14, 03:45:39 »

so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

rickyjib

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 06-November-14, 05:09:31 »

Hello, I wonder why in my "Gaming center" I got "Hybrid Power" instead "Device Setting". I can't use tne Nvidia 870M, just the Intel 4600HD. Anybody can help me to get the configuration right? I Have a GT70 2PC Dominator.

thanks for your time,
Rick

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #7 on: 06-November-14, 15:15:56 »

Only the newer version of Dragon Gaming Center has the "Device Setting" tab. It's a new feature with the 9xx series graphics models' Dragon Gaming Center.
The "Hybrid Power" tab shows on certain models which support hybrid power on previous Dragon Gaming Center.

JakeSully

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #8 on: 06-November-14, 15:17:41 »

does anyone know if Device Settings feature will be added to gs70 2014 model that has GTX 870M? or is it only with new GS70 with GTX 970M?
Laptop that i own
Model: MSI GS70-2PE
Cpu: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
RAM 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 2x 128GB msata in RAID 0 + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M 3GB DDR5

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #9 on: 06-November-14, 20:30:18 »

The new version of Dragon Gaming Center has the device setting tab, but for the shift mode, it's only available on NVIDIA GTX 900M-series.

contractwars237

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Dragon Gaming Center – an introduction
« Reply #10 on: 22-February-16, 16:30:10 »

I don,t even have this dragon center,is there somewhere a link for the download with the latest version.but i have the dragon gaming center button on my laptop but when i press it nothing happens.

dusty2182

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 17-September-16, 20:50:42 »

I just purchased a new GT73VR.  Can't find Dragon Gaming Center on my computer anywhere.  How do I download this?  This is a big selling point for MSI gaming laptops.  To simply not have the software installed on a brand new laptop seems odd...

dontask

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #12 on: 19-September-16, 20:37:56 »

I just purchased a new GT73VR.  Can't find Dragon Gaming Center on my computer anywhere.  How do I download this?  This is a big selling point for MSI gaming laptops.  To simply not have the software installed on a brand new laptop seems odd...

Dragon Gaming Center is old software.
GT73VR is support new Dragon Center software.
Dowload link: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/DragonCenter_v1.2.1608.2201.zip
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

raphael.rauwolf

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 03-October-16, 02:17:13 »

I wonder, is there a way to disable the automatic windows key disable? Is there a shortcut for it or something?

edwin.carter

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
  • High End GT72S Dominator Pro G owner
« Reply #14 on: 04-October-16, 11:12:39 »

MSI should have a disclaimer as Dragon Center and many of their products that use SCM as the backdrop engine have a timebomb where at any moment the s/w could Kernel.dll error. Happened to me twice just Dragon Center alone lest I mention Dragon Gaming Center. :undecided: When you install those s/w you are almost certainly working off "borrowed time" as if they self-destruct for no reason at all. Count your blessing if it hasn't happened to you (yet!)
MSI GT72S 6QF Dominator Pro S 29th Anniversary Intel i7 6820HK @ 4.0Ghz, 32GB DDR4-2133 RAM, 2x256GB Raid0 Toshiba NVMe 2.5 inch PCIe SSD, Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 OC'ed 150+ Core / 150+ Mem, 17.3 inch LG IPS HD Display @ 75Hz, Intel 7265AC Wifi, Windows 10 Pro + latest system and video updates BIOS version: .121 EC Firmware version: .106

paulatoohey

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #15 on: 04-October-16, 19:17:11 »

Dragon Gaming Center is old software.
GT73VR is support new Dragon Center software.
Dowload link: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/DragonCenter_v1.2.1608.2201.zip

I have a GT72S and I tried the version you have posted and it installed with no problems and working well.
MSI GT72S 6QE-038AU
Pages: [1]   Go Up