Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 Can't access Realtek HD Audio Manager  (Read 37500 times)

dimitrios.matanisTopic starter

• SERGEANT
Windows 10 Can't access Realtek HD Audio Manager
« on: 06-August-15, 07:59:04 »

Hello.

GT72 2QE 4th Gen.

After the upgrade to Windows 10 everything is working as it should.

Replaced sound blaster cinema 2 with nahimic and it works fine (enhances audio).

The only problem is that the little brown speaker icon of Realtek HD Audio Manager is not in my tray any more. It is also not listed in the control panel.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several versions of the Realtek Audio Driver, starting with the one on the MSI website but it makes no difference.

I have also lost the Enhancements tab on my speakers properties.

The sound is fine (maybe a little lower than Win 8.1) and device manager says that the realtek driver is installed correctly.

What can I do to get the Audio Manager back?

I tried running the .exe from the program files but it just does nothing...

robsonalun

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #1 on: 06-August-15, 08:40:07 »

That's actually working the correct way apparently. I found the same thing. Installing the Realtek drivers directly from their webpage results in the same thing, it is not anything to do with the driver from MSI.
Quite a few have complained, they don't like the way the new audio driver works and they're not happy with the Nahamic replacement either.
I am still contemplating if using Nahamic and the new Realtek driver is a good or a bad thing. Previously, you could set your speaker config in the Realtek HD panel to 7.1 and when tested it played audio from all the correct points, including the sub.
Now that is gone there is no way to actually test the sound. Setting to 7.1 via the Windows speaker control panel results in no sound except for the stereo fronts. But in the Nahamic UI there is an option for virtual surround which is switched on by default. As the GT72 is only 'virtual' 7.1 anyway, I am guessing that this is where the effect is now coming from. Although I am unable to test the sub-woofer independently anymore, it does appear to be on and working when gaming and listening to music. Increasing bass settings in Nahamic does appear to give distinctive bottom end in the sub harmonic range.

The bulk of complaints are because most people feel that Cinema Pro 2 was better and I must admit that I think the overall maximum volume of my laptop does seem quieter than when I was using CP2 and the last version of Realtek HD. I find though that max volume causes some vibration near the speakers when certain frequencies are hit and the slightly lower volume stops that but overall is still loud enough. I also use a pair of Razer 7.1 headphones a lot of the time too so not a big issue for me.

What you can do if you don't like the new setup is go directly to Realtek's page and download the previous driver from there. If you do a search on these forums you will also find a downloadable for Cinema Pro 2. Remove Nahamic and the Realtek drivers, after restart your system will be using the default Windows controller. Then install the ones you downloaded. I haven't seen anyone say they do not work under Windows 10.

N.B - The latest Realtek driver will not work with CP2 though, that was the first thing I discovered. You must use the old audio drivers with CP2, otherwise it won't open and crashes.

Hope this was helpful.

robsonalun

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 06-August-15, 08:51:22 »

WORD OF WARNING THOUGH. Just a word on Windows 10. There is no way to stop Windows 10 from using automatic updates, the only choice is scheduling when the computer will restart :(. I hate this idea, I usually install all the updates if they are Windows specific but 3rd party drivers I like to choose. I was testing the leaked Mobile G Sync driver for example, which works in Windows 10, but Windows update spots drivers it has it's own versions of and updates them to their own mandate.

The only way to avoid this is to go into the services tab from administrative tasks and completely disable Windows update. For the moment I just keep switching it on or off, like today to install the fixes they released. The downside besides having to manually switch this service on and off like this however is also the fact that the Windows store is disabled too. Should you need to use the store for any reason you would have to enable updates again.

No idea if today's Windows update has fixed any important issues but quite they certainly haven't added any options to choose if you download and install updates yet. Oh and if you didn't already, go into settings and switch off the option to share your updates with other Windows 10 users. Essentially a torrent and uses your bandwidth when switched on.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 06-August-15, 10:29:16 »

Thank you so much for your input.

I understand the switch from Sound Blaster to Nahimic. I can definitely notice a difference between the on/off feature in Nahimic, however I'm not sure how much of a difference some of the settings make when you fiddle with them. It might just be me having a not so sensitive ear.

Regarding the icon missing, I am not sure it was intended to lose the Realtek HD manager. I wish somebody from MSI could confirm this is the expected behaviour now... It's a shame if it is as some of the options there were useful.

I also miss the 'Enhancements' tab on the Speaker properties for some reason. Is that there for you?

zipper

• MAJOR
« Reply #4 on: 06-August-15, 16:55:22 »

My Win10 install to my Asus nb did the same. Had to launch the Realtek HD Audio exe and to tick back the option which the install had removed.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 06-August-15, 17:47:36 »

I can't even run the program from the exe... I double click it and nothing happens...

Which .exe did you run?

zipper

• MAJOR
« Reply #6 on: 06-August-15, 18:57:26 »

RAVCpl64.exe, the driver is 6.0.1.7487. But my Asus doesn't have SoundBlaster or Nahimic software.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #7 on: 09-August-15, 17:39:10 »

This doesn't work on my GT72 :( Double clicking the exe does nothing

alexkiu83

• SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 11-August-15, 00:38:12 »

I have started a poll in the main gaming forum. please cast your vote so msi can see what we want. thanks

Konstantin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 12-August-15, 01:38:57 »

Nahimic will replace the realtek icon at the bottom right corner. You can adjust the volume with nahimic control panel.

cagilkoroglu

• CORPORAL
« Reply #10 on: 13-August-15, 20:14:16 »

I have the same problem (Windows 8.1) with the drivers on the MSI support page and and also the latest drivers offered by Realtek. Realtek HD Audio Manager does seem to be running on task manager, but there is no window that lets you adjust audio settings, and the tray icon isn't there either. I really don't think this is the intended behavior. One solution that worked for me is installing the older drivers that are included in the DVD that comes with the laptop. Pretty sure an older version of the drivers found online should work as well.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #11 on: 01-September-15, 08:33:20 »

It really sucks that the Realtek audio manager does not exist... I'm not thrilled with nahimic and I'd prefer adjusting everything from in there...

Funny thing is, I am dual booting Ubuntu on my GT72 and I installed the PulseAudio Equalizer to filter the sound and it just sounds awesome with loads of presets... You can even manually adjust every single frequency. Why can't we get something like that on Windows?

ttz91

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 16-April-16, 14:04:52 »

You have to download the Realtek Hd Audio drivers version R2.76
download
Pages: [1]   Go Up