Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nahimic support information (Updated on October 7st, 2015)  (Read 20824 times)

msiTechNBTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator

Recently there are rumors that Nahimic is working after updating BIOS, but you should be aware that Nahimic is not necessarily available on every MSI notebooks.
Identify whether your notebook is compatible with Nahimic or not by referring to the method below.

I. Does my notebook support Nahimic?

A. Only MSI notebook with NVIDIA 900M Graphics supports Nahimic, because MSI notebook begins supporting Nahimc from NVIDIA 900M Graphics.
(GT80 / GT72 / GE72 / GE62 / GS70 / GS60 / GS30 / GP72 / GP62 / PE70 / PE60 / PX60 with NVIDIA 900M Graphics)

Exception: Belowed notebooks only support Sound Blaster Cinema (SBC).
GT60 2QD Dominator / GT60 2QD Dominator 3K Edition / GT60 2QE Dominator Pro 4K Edition / GT60 2QD Dominator 4K Edition / GT70 2QD Dominator / GT70 Dominator Pro Dragon Edition / GT70 Dominator Dragon Edition.
Make sure to update the latest version of Nahimic and the audio driver provided on MSI global website.
Nahimic supports Windows 10 starting from version 1.2.x, please do update to version 1.2.x or later version in order to get the full support in Windows 10.
(You can download Nahimic v1.2.7 and audio driver v6.0.1.7592 from here.)

B. If your notebook comes with NVIDIA 900M Grahpics but the pre-installed sound effect software is Sound Blaster Cinema (SBC), you should update your BIOS or audio driver to use Nahimic.
        Please refer to the section II below.
(GT80 2QC/2QD/2QE, GT72 2QD/2QE, GS70 2QD/2QE, GS60 2QD/2QE, GS30 2M, GE70 2QD/2QE, GE60 2QD/2QE)

II. MSI notebook with NVIDIA 900M Graphics supports Nahimic even if the pre-installed sound effect software is Sound Blaster Cinema (SBC).

Downgrading from Nahimic to SBC isn't supported by MSI.

A. Update the latest version of BIOS to use Nahimic:
         1. Uninstall audio driver and SBC from your notebook.
         2. Update BIOS to the latest version from your notebook download page.
         3. Install the latest version of audio driver and Nahimic from your notebook download page.

B. Update the latest version of audio driver to use Nahimic:
         1. Uninstall audio driver and SBC from your notebook.
         2. Install the latest version of audio driver and Nahimic from your notebook download page.

III. If your notebook isn't listed above, please use Sound Blaster Cinema / Sound Blaster Cinema 2

A. You should continue to use SBC / SBC 2 since your notebook doesn’t support Nahimic.
        (Please download SBC / SBC 2 from here. SBC v1.00.05, SBC 2 v1.00.11)

B. If you have problem with SBC / SBC 2, please refer to the following FAQ:
        What should I do if Sound Blaster Cinema (SBC) stops working after upgrading to Windows 10?
        How can I find Sound Blaster EQ's version and to know it is already installed?

deNijs

• SERGEANT
Re: Nahimic support information
« Reply #1 on: 02-October-15, 04:07:42 »

Very surprised/displeased to see you guys drop support for a lot of models, including mine.. (GE62 2QE Apache)

The laptop originally came with Nahimic installed on it, which is the weird thing, please be sure to not mention it on the driver page of the product then either
when it only causes problems and there is absolutely 0 support for it any more.
http://www.msi.com/support/nb/GE62-2QE-Apache.html#down-utility&Win10 64

Very disappointed.

graneri.fabien

• SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 03-October-15, 12:45:59 »

Thanks for clarifying. That means my GE60 2PL bought just 10 months ago is not supported by this new software, not a really cool news.

Can you also tell me when will we receive W10 drivers for this model? It's 2 months now waiting, do you think on providing drivers? This computer is really recent, so I hope you will, but if you don't plan giving us fresh drivers for W10, let me know so I no longer wait to upgrade to W10 (I will try to run it with W8 drivers).

Thanks.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 05-October-15, 18:26:52 »

Very surprised/displeased to see you guys drop support for a lot of models, including mine.. (GE62 2QE Apache)

The laptop originally came with Nahimic installed on it, which is the weird thing, please be sure to not mention it on the driver page of the product then either

Very disappointed.
Yeah, it definitely does not make sense seeing as how the GE62 is still a brand new notebook with a 900M series graphics card. I think MSi made a mistake here.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 06-October-15, 08:22:53 »

Yeah, it definitely does not make sense seeing as how the GE62 is still a brand new notebook with a 900M series graphics card. I think MSi made a mistake here.

I've been having personal contact with Nahimic over Facebook chat (support') they've told me they will update me on this as it doesn't seem right to them either...

D.L.

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #5 on: 06-October-15, 19:14:55 »

Very disappointed.
I don't know where you get the information that GE62 2QE doesn't support Nahimic. 

There's no doubt that GE62 2QE supports Nahimic according to the first item which said "Only MSI notebook with NVIDIA 900M Graphics supports Nahimic"

You can also see the Nahimic download link at the download page of product.
http://www.msi.com/support/nb/GE62-2QE-Apache.html#down-utility&Win10 64

Muskatnuss

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Nahimic support information (Updated on October 7st, 2015)
« Reply #6 on: 10-October-15, 20:30:28 »

I have a GT70 2QD Dominator and Nahimic installer tells me that my system is not supported. Yes, I installed the audio drivers beforehand.

Any suggestion?

/edit : I read GE as GT, too tired. Still, I have a 970M, shouldn't that apply?

D.L.

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #7 on: 14-October-15, 03:09:22 »

Hi Muskatnuss,

GT70 2QD should be supported with Nahimic if you install the latest version of audio driver on MSI product page.
Could you use the MSI System Information Export tool to output system information? Let's check that.

Wazabi

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 30-October-15, 08:45:41 »

Hi Guys,

New version is up! Nahimic 1.2.9
Download link: http://bit.ly/1OcUhSE

Changelog:
- No more drop of the volume when setting a 5.1 output
- OneDrive does not crash anymore
- WMP does not crash anymore when you play a .mp3 file on Win 8 x64
- Uninstallation of the product behaves correctly
- Plugging a USB headset displays the right overlay and headphone icon
- Launching Nahimic from systray does not display error message anymore
- Groove Music is now supported
- Edge is now supported

- Device Manager does not crash anymore 
- Nahimic can now be installed on 13F1
- Music / Gaming / Movie profiles factory settings are re-adapted for the following HiFi devices: GS60 2QD & 2QE (GTX 965 & 970), GS70 (GTX 965 & 970), WS60 6QI, GT72, GT80, GS70 6QC Stealth, GT72S 6QF Dominator Pro G

I should be working for MSI, it's that easy!

jackjt8

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #9 on: 07-January-16, 07:42:07 »

Hi Guys,

New version is up! Nahimic 1.2.9
Download link:

I was hoping that updating Nahimic would fix the faulting.. but it seems it's still occurring. Do you know where I can contact the Nahimic tech support or something? 

> Basically NahimicMSIOSD.dll + BF3 (Or even VU) = Crashing like mad.

nickrcosta

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #10 on: 18-February-16, 09:20:44 »

MSI will never resolve the issues with nahimic on some models because they did not do proper testing prior to this huge change in software / architecture.  

It should be expected as MSI makes quality hardware but has the worst product support in the channel.

interstellar.expanse

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 21-March-16, 06:05:42 »

Hi, can someone place a new download link for Nahimi 1.2.7  and Realtek 6.0.1.7592 , old download link in this post is dead, and i reallllly need this version ty.

bebeandy87

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 23-March-16, 18:24:07 »

:)If you have problem when update your computer,you can fix computer by some methods ,such as fix them by OSpeedy System Optimizer

iTzZent

• CORPORAL
« Reply #13 on: 28-March-16, 08:53:46 »

any news about GT70 Nahimic Support ? i use a GT70 with GTX980M...

zboq

• CORPORAL

Hi, I have a MSI GE62 6QF and yesterday I've updated BIOS to the latest wersion and reinstalled audio driver and nahimic 2.2.10 software from download page and now I have a icon on taskbar but when I want to launch it I get Nahimic stopped working. Prior to installing Audio driver and Nahimic I've unstalled everything first. Any Ideas why ?

zboq

• CORPORAL

Ok, Found a partial solution. Nahimic 2 has problems with win10 insider preview, so for now disabling recording device (mic) enables Nahimic software to work. It's better to look at their facebook page for news and solutions.

tenacres

• SECOND LIEUTENANT

you can download version 2.2.11 from their facebook page as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up