Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MSI work with Razer Core!!!  (Read 8532 times)

hennessylieuTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Will MSI work with Razer Core!!!
« on: 31-March-16, 10:32:38 »

Razer said that Razer Core will work with any device with Thunderbolt 3 port just need update BIOS and system in order to work, I plan to purchase Razer core to work with my MSI I wonder does MSI Dev. will update BIOS to work with Razer Core in the furue !!?

hahaha2223

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: Will MSI work with Razer Core!!!
« Reply #1 on: 31-March-16, 13:19:41 »

i guess not since they have this thing called the gs30

hennessylieuTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 31-March-16, 16:21:14 »

i guess not since they have this thing called the gs30
The GS30 use Proprietary docking, not any MSI line can work with GS30 dock. The Razer Core is thunderbolt 3, any laptop or PC have thunderbolt 3 can use the razer core, I believe that the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 4K have Thunderbolt 3 port.

hahaha2223

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 01-April-16, 00:44:57 »

The GS30 use Proprietary docking, not any MSI line can work with GS30 dock. The Razer Core is thunderbolt 3, any laptop or PC have thunderbolt 3 can use the razer core, I believe that the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 4K have Thunderbolt 3 port.

Yeah but take this from a company's eye. You have this own thing you are trying to sell, you are not going to spend money to change current sold notebooks to work with a competitors stuff and if you do you are going to put it on a new laptop so you can throw in some marketing.

haroldkuipers

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 06-July-16, 04:41:10 »

has anyone tried to connect an Razer Core to an GT72S yet?

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #6 on: 11-February-17, 15:46:03 »

hi! are there problems of compatibility between razer core and msi gs63vr 6rf or msi gs43vr?

paranonia.zen

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 11-February-17, 18:02:05 »

Hey,

If you are still bugged with this question, I can give you a positive answer. My friend has a razercore with razer stealth + msi GTX1080. I brought my GS63 to my friend today and test it with RazerCore. It works perfectly. I have been playing DOOM for like 3 hours, highest setting with FPS around 120 and up, without any flash out or other problem.

One tips for stable play using non-razer device with RazerCore. If you had any other discrete graphic driver (for me it's gtx1060), delete it. It will give you a more stable experience.

Cheers.

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 12-February-17, 11:32:49 »

Hey,

If you are still bugged with this question, I can give you a positive answer. My friend has a razercore with razer stealth + msi GTX1080. I brought my GS63 to my friend today and test it with RazerCore. It works perfectly. I have been playing DOOM for like 3 hours, highest setting with FPS around 120 and up, without any flash out or other problem.

One tips for stable play using non-razer device with RazerCore. If you had any other discrete graphic driver (for me it's gtx1060), delete it. It will give you a more stable experience.

Cheers.

Great!! this is a usefull information. Many thanks!!;D
did you use an external monitor?

colin.kwok

• CORPORAL
« Reply #9 on: 13-February-17, 05:59:33 »

Good to know. I heard that there will be more of these TB3 external GPUs available later on this year. It will be good to see if those boxes will be truly PnP.

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #10 on: 13-February-17, 07:31:14 »

Good to know. I heard that there will be more of these TB3 external GPUs available later on this year. It will be good to see if those boxes will be truly PnP.
now there are razer core, powercolor devil box, akitio node, asus xg station 2, Mantiz mz-01 saturn. at last ces2017 msi presented msi gus 2

and also zotac presented an egpu

here a list of egpu
https://gpunerd.com/

colin.kwok

• CORPORAL
« Reply #11 on: 14-February-17, 02:47:03 »

The Zotac one does look interesting. Just not sure how good it is in terms of compatibility.

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #12 on: 12-March-17, 07:54:30 »

i just find this chinese test of an msi gs63vr 7rf with an asus xg station 2 + gtx1080 with a benchmark of 4883 in firestrike ultra https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/nb-shopping/M.1488457488.A.28A.html i would like to try it! what do you think? any experiences?

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #13 on: 14-March-17, 15:24:08 »

here a benchmark in firestrike ultra of a desktop pc with gtx1080  (score 5142)
 http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review,28.html

score in firestrike ultra of egpu with gtx1080 is 4883 and with desktop score is 5142.
could be a 5% loss of performance with egpu? tb3 port of msi gs63ve 7rf is x4?

sicily428

• CORPORAL
« Reply #14 on: 24-March-17, 08:34:13 »

here a msi gs63vr 6rf+akitio node+gtx1080 works
 https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/akitio-node-gtx1080-internal-gtx1060/
Pages: [1]   Go Up